Youth Outreach Programme
The foundation of our work with young people is our Youth Outreach Programme. Our ‘youth hubs’ are managed by GamCare and we work in partnership with several organisations across the UK.
Our youth hubs fund youth outreach workers to provide free of charge gambling awareness workshops directly to young people, as well as free CPD accredited training for youth professionals in their local areas.
We provide materials and screening tools to assist local youth services and teachers in identifying young people at risk. Each youth hub can provide support for people who are vulnerable to or experiencing gambling-related harm.
Through our Youth Outreach Programme we aim to:
- Enable young people to access honest, accurate and relevant information about gambling and problematic gambling;
- Enable young people to make informed choices about gambling;
- Ensure professionals are aware of the impacts, signs and symptoms of a gambling problem;
- Enable professionals to interact with young people sensitively about problem gambling;
- Ensure that young people and professionals know where to go for free, specialist help and support if they need it.
If you are a professional working with young people aged 11-19 and would like free training from GamCare, contact [email protected].
Read our full 2-year external evaluation here.
Read our year one summary evaluation here.
Read our year two summary evaluation here.
What’s the BigDeal?
GamCare sponsor BigDeal.org.uk – a dedicated website for young people aged 12-18 providing information regarding risk and responsible gambling, plus advice and support around problem gambling – either for themselves or a friend or family member.