Work for GamCare
Looking to make a difference? Join our team!
As the prevalence and awareness of gambling related harms is growing, so are we. If you are passionate about helping others, dedicated to providing quality services and want to work in a growing, ambitious, and supportive charity, you might be a perfect fit for us!
Interested in working for GamCare?
See our latest vacancies in our Careers Hub, along with how to apply. You can also sign up for job alerts, to be the first to know when we post new vacancies!
If you have any questions about the application process, please feel free to contact the Recruitment team.
GamCare is the leading national provider of information, advice and treatment for anyone affected by gambling harm. We work across the UK to deliver our 25 years of expertise through our treatment, training and outreach.
We operate the award-winning National Gambling Helpline and raise awareness about the impact gambling-related harms have on the community, encouraging safer gambling and signposting to support. We work as part of the National Gambling Support Network, which ensures local help is available for everyone.
Meet the team:
Find out more about our programmes of work:
Want to know what its like to work for GamCare?
Hear directly from Mike, Director of Development in this Q&A all about our growth and recruitment!
Employee Benefits & Supporting Information
Salary & Leave
- 33 days basic annual leave entitlement per annum including bank holidays. After two years’ completed service, entitlement is increased by 2 days, then another 1 day for the next 3 years to a maximum of 5 extra days. All entitlements are pro-rata equivalent for part time employees.
- Clear and transparent incremental salary scale incentive is in place with progression linked to performance.
- A generous Pension Scheme – GamCare contributes 6% and you contribute 2%.
- Discretionary company sick pay from day one of service.
- Discretionary Leave, where you can request to take unpaid leave for up to one year after five years continuous employment.
- Flexible Working can be requested after 26 weeks’ continuous employment.
- Maternity Leave entitlement up to 52 weeks leave, plus additional time off for antenatal care.
- Maternity Support Leave full pay is paid for up to two weeks.
- Adoption Leave.
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour support with a range of issues, and access to up to 6 free confidential counselling sessions.
- Culture of Health & Wellbeing Programme – Extensive programme of employee Physical, Emotional, Occupational, Intellectual, Social, Spiritual, Financial and Environmental support, including a Premium Calm App subscription.
- Season Ticket Loans.
- Contributions towards eye tests, and glasses if needed for working with display screen equipment.
- GamCare has an active Inclusivity and Diversity Action Group and Staff Forum.
Diversity in our workforce
GamCare is inclusive. We believe that a diverse workforce encourages innovation, creativity and positive challenge. We also think that our workforce should reflect the communities that we serve.
We welcome applications from people from all walks of life and backgrounds and particularly those with lived experience. We are a Disability Confident Committed and Menopause Friendly employer.
Feeling unsure if your experience matches up? Don’t worry, let us decide! Research shows that under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs they are qualified for as they are more likely to undervalue their abilities. Here at GamCare, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Some of our roles (for both volunteers and staff) require a DBS check because our work sometimes involves vulnerable people and we take their safety very seriously, but having a criminal record should not stop you from applying.
If you have a criminal record, please talk to us about it as we just need to know from you a few details in advance so that we can manage the process well.
At GamCare, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible recruitment process. We understand the importance of providing equal opportunities for all candidates, including those with disabilities or additional needs. As an inclusive employer, we believe that reasonable adjustment requests aren’t just applicable from when you join GamCare, they apply from the start of the application process.
We recognise that applicants may require specific accommodations to ensure they can fully participate in our recruitment process. We encourage candidates to inform us about any reasonable adjustments they may need to access our website or participate in interviews, assessments, or any other recruitment activities.
Reasonable adjustments may include, but are not limited to:
- Job Applications: We welcome alternative methods of application should you have any challenges with the accessibility of our Careers Hub. If you require an alternative method of application such as via a Word document, recorded video or audio, please be assured that all applications will be assessed equally.
- Website Accessibility: We strive to ensure our recruitment website is accessible to all users. However, if any candidate encounters difficulties navigating or using our website due to a disability, we encourage them to reach out to us. We are committed to making necessary adjustments to facilitate their engagement with our platform.
- Alternative Formats: We understand that some candidates may require information in alternative formats, such as large print or electronic text. If you require any recruitment-related documents or communication in alternative formats, please let us know, and we will do our best to provide them to you.
- Extended Time: Candidates who may require additional time to complete online assessments or interviews due to a disability can request extended time. We will consider these requests on an individual basis, aiming to provide a fair and inclusive opportunity for all candidates.
We encourage candidates to reach out to our recruitment team to discuss their specific requirements or to make a reasonable adjustment request. Our team is dedicated to working with candidates to ensure their needs are met and to create an accessible and inclusive recruitment experience.
At GamCare, we value diversity, and we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates. We believe that reasonable adjustments are a crucial aspect of our commitment to inclusivity, and we will continue to review and improve our practices to ensure a fair and accessible recruitment process for everyone.
Finally, the Government funded Access to Work Scheme can offer options that you may find useful in the recruitment process such as providing travel to an interview, a BSL interpreter or lip speaker, or if you have a physical or mental health condition or learning difficulty and need communication support.
Information on Access to Work can be found here.
Please contact our recruitment team at [email protected] for any reasonable adjustment requests or further information.
Youth Friendly Employer
Recruitment Privacy Notice
We are committed to process your personal data, fairly, lawfully and transparently. We will only use your data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes in line with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. We will not hold your details any longer than legally required.
Do you have feedback for us?
We are always looking for ways we can improve our recruitment processes. If you have feedback for our Recruitment Team, please let us know via the form linked below.