GAP: Gambling Awareness and Prevention Programme
The Gambling Awareness and Prevention (GAP) Programme is a partnership between GamCare, Breakeven, Aquarius, and NECA. Together we collaborate to offer specialised engagement and training to professionals across various sectors.
About The Gambling Awareness and Prevention Programme
GAP training is delivered both face to face and online, offered across England, Scotland and Wales. It aims to reduce gambling-related harm by enhancing the capability of diverse professionals to undertake early intervention and prevention. We will be rolling out training in the following sectors:
- Debt Advice
- Housing and Homelessness
- Faith and Cultural Community Leaders
- Community Pharmacies
- Primary Care (excluding GPs)
- Social Care
- Occupational Health
GAP Programme Highlights
What does the GAP Programme offer?
- Free 2-hour training sessions, delivered to professionals face to face or online, to raise awareness about the impact of gambling-related harms on all affected individuals.
- Training available to professionals across England, Scotland and Wales.
- Support from GAP engagement leads to access bespoke training, tailored to your organisation’s needs
- Evidence-based information, raising awareness of the risks of gambling-related harms.
- Knowledge of regional support options and specialist services, offering follow up sessions with professionals to support with embedding screening questions and also referral pathways.
What does GAP aim to achieve?
- Equip professionals with the knowledge to understand the impact of stigma on individuals affected by gambling-related harm and learn how to address it effectively.
- Enable professionals to adeptly recognise the signs of gambling-related harms and provide appropriate responses to individuals experiencing or at risk of gambling-related harm.
- Empower professionals with the confidence to talk about gambling, including the important use of screening questions to identify gambling-related harms. This will be achieved through GAP’s training and follow up consultation with GAP’s Engagement Leads.
- Encourage smooth referral pathways, ensuring the route for individuals accessing support is clear and straightforward.
How does GAP develop its bespoke training content?
GAP runs frequent Working Groups, seeking insights from professionals working in relevant sectors alongside Lived Experience group members, contributing to the development of bespoke training content and delivery. Through these working groups and ongoing training development, GAP is able to develop gambling awareness and prevention training that contains the most up to date research and resources.
Want to book training with us?
If you’re interested in booking our free training or would like to learn more, then please contact us.