What support do we provide?
GamCare is part of the National Gambling Support Network
The National Gambling Support Network, formerly known as ‘The National Gambling Treatment Service’, is a group of organisations across Great Britain that provide free, confidential and personalised support for anyone who’s experiencing harm from gambling, as well as those affected by someone else’s gambling.
Wherever someone makes contact throughout this network these providers work alongside each other through referral pathways to deliver the most appropriate package of care for individuals experiencing difficulties with gambling, and for those who are impacted by someone else’s gambling.
- One-to-one face-to-face, online and telephone therapeutic support and treatment for people experiencing gambling harm, as well as family and friends who are impacted by gambling. We deliver this in five regions: South East, East Midlands, London, Scotland and Yorkshire Humber.
- Online treatment supported by regular contact with a therapist, which can be accessed at a time and place convenient for the client over the course of eight weeks.
- Group-based Gambling Recovery Courses delivered face-to-face or online for between six to eight weeks.
We operate the National Gambling Helpline which offers:
The easiest and quickest way for most people to connect with the service(s) or support that can best help them.
- Our Helpline is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year – completely free of charge.
- Available by calling 0808 8020 133, via web live chat, WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger.
- Our Helpline can provide brief interventions and make referrals to support services options across the network.
- Our National Gambling Helpline is accredited by the Helplines Partnership.
We run a moderated online Forum, where people can find peer-to-peer support and discuss their queries with other people who are currently experiencing or have previously experienced similar situations.
Threads include an area for new members, for supporting someone else experiencing gambling harm, recovery diaries, and information about Gamblers Anonymous and Gam-Anon meetings.
Protect your privacy and use a unique username instead of your real full name as this will be publicly available when chatting on the Forum.
We run daily online group chatrooms, where it is possible to share queries for peer-to-peer support, as well as support from one of our moderators.
We regularly run themed chatrooms with experts in different fields, as well as monthly chatrooms with one dedicated to family and friends, and another dedicated to women.
MyGamCare is an interactive self-help tool, which allows people to set goals and track progress. The tool is designed to help you understand your gambling behaviour and make changes personalised to you.
TalkBanStop is our partnership with Gamban and Gamstop, which encourages layered protection of tools and support available.