Young People’s Support Service
An estimated 0.9% of young people in Great Britain aged 11-16 are considered ‘problem gamblers’, which equates to about 30,000 (The Gambling Commission, 2022).
GamCare’s Young People’s Service can support anyone aged 18 and under across the UK (including Northern Ireland) who is either ‘at risk’ of or experiencing harm because of gambling.
This can be if they are gambling themselves or if they are affected by someone else’s gambling. Our service is free, flexible and confidential, and we ensure that the young person receives the most appropriate help.
Young people, and anyone worried about a young person and gambling, can get in touch:
- via the National Gambling Helpline – 24 hours a day on Freephone 0808 8020 133, or via live chat – this can be accessed here, or via our dedicated website for young people, parents and teachers at BigDeal.org.uk
- by emailing [email protected] (we aim to respond by the next working day)
- through the referral form down below
We can provide a range of options for young people so they can find the right support which includes:
- Information, advice and guidance through our National Gambling Helpline (over the phone or via live chat)
- Brief or Extended Brief Interventions (this can be just one call, or a series of calls to check in on how they are doing)
- Self-help tools
- Structured Interventions tailored to the young person’s needs
It has given me new ideas and how to deal with everything. It's given me ways how to help me cope. It has been good to talk about what has been going on and get good advice.