Support us

there are over 2019 reasons to not gamble this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  

Page 31 / 32

adam123
(@adam123)

Day three look at me!!!!, had a chat to gabriele on cht tonight and i've gambled again for three months and not lost much, had a good run and seen friends again so i think i can tighten up my reigns and go on a no gambling streak again.  It will take a lot of effort especially as im still not drinking.  I will need o focus on different activities other than work and gym this time.  It might be tough going to the pub as i went on fruit machin last time i was there so i think for the next two months ill just pass on pubs and watch bt sport for football.  Start of the weekend and almost went out to a poker game but stayed strong, i think it will just tke a month or so of saying no for the habbit to kick in and the friends to get used to not inviting me again.  Over and out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 6th September 2019 9:04 pm
adam123
(@adam123)

Day four, staying in this weekend to get a good head start on this!!!!, watching england in half an hour hopefully they get a good result.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 7th September 2019 4:25 pm
adam123
(@adam123)

Another successful non gambling day.  Woke up early, done some diy, went for a drive, went to the gym, looked into internet dating so i can get back on the scene, sent some messages to potential nice women in my local area, had dinner, washed up, now going to look at my spreadsheet for budgeting for the month.  Off to watch footy next saturday which should be good fun.  Not looking forward to the challenge of not gambling next week but got to start somewhere and this is where i am at.  over and out

ReplyQuote
Posted : 8th September 2019 6:57 pm
adam123
(@adam123)

IMhere on day seven and its the hardest day for me as its poker day,  i wish i could not want to go but i do.....need to find strength from somewhere 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10th September 2019 5:16 pm
Stace86
(@stace86)

Well done Adam. You've got this. You can do it xxxx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10th September 2019 6:29 pm
adam123
(@adam123)

Thanks for the support stace but I went, couldn't manage without a stupid game of poker, oh well back to day one tomo

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10th September 2019 9:55 pm
Stace86
(@stace86)

Thought so as you wernt on chat. It's ok, tomorrow is a new day Adam x

ReplyQuote
Posted : 10th September 2019 10:02 pm
adam123
(@adam123)

cheers stace ill be back on chat tonight

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11th September 2019 12:17 pm
adam123
(@adam123)

managed to not go to poker yesterday and just turned down a poker game tonight, small steps I guess but any day without a gamble is a good step in the right direction

ReplyQuote
Posted : 13th September 2019 4:39 pm
adam123
(@adam123)

Said no to another game of poker tonight!!!! well done me.  Went to the brighton game with my nephew today was great to see him and although the game wasnt amazing it was a great experience.  Day 4 of no gambling today, small steps one by one will lead me to great things im sure of it.  

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14th September 2019 10:31 pm
Stace86
(@stace86)

Adam, I just want to say well done to you. I really hope you keep it up. Your doing well. I'm not coming on here anymore, but wanted you to know that I'm routing for you. You can do this, I know you can. Take care xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 14th September 2019 11:03 pm
adam123
(@adam123)

ah bless thank you stace!!!!! I hope to see you on the site chatroom as you will be missed if you don't come on, you've been thru a lot and find yourself in challenging situations, I hope you strive to fight thru and succeed at life gambling free all the best adam xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15th September 2019 5:49 pm
adam123
(@adam123)

well im on day five again, succeeding at life, enjoying my weekend off work, looking forward to the footy next week!!!! champions league is back.  I feel that thi year has been successful for me as I have remained gamble free for the majority of the year and almost made it to the year mark.  My health for work has been significantly better and I am enjoying the fruits of being healthy and not putting myself in stressful situations.  I have taken a step back from the gym sessions for no real reason (just been tired after work), I feel I should look at my diet in order to lose a bit of weight and tone up,  someone at work is starting a weight watchers group and  I might join, im not that overweight but struggle to lose anything.  I feel if I look at stopping snacks or just keep myself to just having a couple a week then I should see the benefits.  over and out

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15th September 2019 5:59 pm
adam123
(@adam123)

here I am at the start of another week. I'm going to not go to poker this week, football is on tv so will stay in and watch it. Looking forward to the big games.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16th September 2019 7:40 pm
adam123
(@adam123)

so this time last week I hit a hurdle and went to poker!! This is week is no different I'm sitting at home itching to go, I really don't know why i can watch the game at home and will be getting a better view of it at home than at the pub poker table. I guess this is the sticking point of where i can get to with this recovery.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17th September 2019 6:03 pm
Page 31 / 32