15 Users
0 Likes
40.9 K Views
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

A beautiful sunny morning in Hull.

Will head off for a walk later but first I will pay a visit to the Gamcare Chatroom which will be hosted by Matt this morning between 10 & 11.

Monthly works pension has gone in the bank and I have no intention of giving it to any wealthy gambling conglomerate. 

Love and best wishes to everyone on the diaries.

Stephen x x x ?‍♂️??

Posted : 29th May 2020 9:50 am
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

I dear friend Just pop in to say I miss you today I could not get in until  tonight hope you are ok and managed to Go for a walk have nice evening I hope to chat soon                                                                     
  Your friend scotty ??

Posted : 29th May 2020 9:04 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Scotty. Hope you are feeling good and have had a good day.

All is well with me and enjoyed a nice walk earlier. I have been eating pringles and filling my face with chocolate ??. Only buy them on rare occasions because I tend to over indulge. Lol.

Feeling a little sad and confused today because two of my best friends seem to have had a little tiff but I don't know the ins and outs of it so I cannot comment and it is best I keep my nose out of it. I just hope they are both ok and can settle their differences or maybe just agree to disagree. 

Wishing everyone a good gamble-free weekend.

Stephen x 

Posted : 29th May 2020 11:47 pm
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Hi Stephen 

Thank you for the post on my diary. I’m glad to hear you have spoiled yourself with Pringles and chocolate - we all need a treat every now and again. 

Sorry to hear you were feeling sad. Best advice I can give is not to worry about other people’s drama, life is too short and you should focus on yourself and your own happiness. Try not to let other peoples’ trouble affect how your feeling, although I know because you are a caring, wonderful man that that may not be as simple. 

Only since I have learnt that drama has no place in my life anymore and that there is no point, life is much better. I often think worrying too much about others has been our downfall, (definitely for me) and not focusing on ourselves enough. 

Only two days until you join the 100 club. I have a little note in my calendar of your date and have been counting down. Really happy to hear how you are feeling so positive towards not gambling.  You have got this and I’m really proud of you. Your third work pension safely in the bank along with the splendid snacks you had this afternoon should be a strong reminder on how far you have come and how life can be. ?

I hope to catch you in chat soon but won’t be for a few days yet as working very long hours and through the weekend but I am looking forward to a well earned break in the very near future. 

Hope you have a lovely weekend with plenty of walks and sunshine. 

Lively x

Posted : 30th May 2020 2:30 am
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Evening my good friend I have just been looking up in sky to see the spacex  not sure if I seen it but I was thinking of you hope you had a good day I feel a bit sad to heard one of our friends may be leaving But I am sure  they will be ok enjoy the rest of your weekend I hope to get on chat on Monday take care my friend scotty ps Reason I change back was because  I came here to stop which I have with lots of support and I thought I just needed to take it serious and I know it’s just a name but it was something that that was important to keep hope it makes a bit of sense scotty ❤️??

Posted : 30th May 2020 11:13 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Many thanks Lively and Scotty for visiting my diary. Your support and encouragement is greatly appreciated.

It has been a very sunny day in Hull so have enjoyed some sunbathing on my balcony along with a nice walk to the waterfront.

Just about to have a nice little supper of boiled baby potatoes with delicious little tomatoes which are still on the vine and a jar of Pickled Cornichons with Chilli. Yummee.

Wishing everyone on the diaries a pleasant Sunday evening followed by a peaceful sleep with happy dreams.

Love from Stephen x 

Posted : 31st May 2020 9:04 pm
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Hi Stephen

I wanted to congratulate you on officially entering the 100 ? day club. Well done my dear friend on coming so far. There have been many ups and downs in the past 100 days but hopefully there are far more ups as the days add up. I am truly proud of you and am ecstatic to be on this journey with you at this point in recovery. 

There will be many good and bad days ahead but just remember, on the bad days that there will be many good days to come as long as you stay on this positive path. 

I hope you had a great Sunday and enjoyed the sunshine. I decided to take a few hours out from working and enjoyed the sunshine a little too much. I am now a nice shade of red. ?

Sending a big virtual hug! Sweet dreams. 

Your friend, 

Lively x

This post was modified 4 years ago by Livelysoul

Posted : 1st June 2020 12:09 am
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Hi Stephen well done on hitting 100 day you have done so well I hope to catch you in chat later enjoy the sunshine I will  be in the shade today I burn my back yesterday and I look like a lobster I fell a sleep take care for now  your friend.            
    Scotty ?? 

Posted : 1st June 2020 10:45 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Oh dear Lively & Scotty hope you are not suffering with the sunburn. Please take care. 

It is another beautiful sunny day in Hull so will be heading off shortly for a walk through the city and onto the waterfront. 

Many thanks to you both for the wonderful congratulatory posts on my diary. I will reply on your diaries this evening.

Feeling emotional today with conflicting emotions but am comforted by being together with my gamcare friends and feel that I am succeeding in my mission to be free from the horrors of gambling.

I know that I have been truly blessed to have friends like yourselves, Vinnie and others who have helped me so much on this journey of recovery and I will forever be grateful. You are lovely people.

Wishing everyone on the diaries a super duper June ?????????

Love from Stephen x x x  ? x x x 

100 Days Gamble Free and rocking & rolling on the road to a better life  ???

Posted : 1st June 2020 12:34 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Hi Stephen,

Well done on excellent progress! Keep up good work and reap the benefits recovery offers.

All the best

S&B xx

Posted : 1st June 2020 12:59 pm
(@vinnie)

Good afternoon , 

I couldn’t let today pass without coming on to celebrate 100 days , 

I'm so proud of you and how far you have come , you have helped me lots on my journey with your poems and constant support , 

you really deserve all the happiness in the world , I hope you are going to celebrate today with a few tasty treat (cheese cake ) ??,  all my love ? ? 

Posted : 1st June 2020 2:06 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Sandra & Zoe ?  you have made my day complete by posting on my diary. Both your congratulations for my 100 days gamble free have brought a big smile to my face.

You are both well up ahead of me on the gamble free road and have inspired and kept me motivated on many occasion. A big thank you for being such wonderful supportive friends.

I went in Tescos earlier and purchased a pack of 3 small strawberry cheesecakes. Yummee ? I will enjoy my little reward.

Love and best wishes 

Stephen x ? x 

Posted : 1st June 2020 8:00 pm
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Hi Stephen

I’m sad to have missed you in chat. I have been there two nights running hoping you might pop by so I could give you a super duper congratulations in person(via chat lol). 

Glad to hear you’ve had a nice day. I’ve been busy working as always and just about to have a working dinner as lots to be done. I doubt I will be back in work until at least the end of June and maybe even later than that. I shall wait and see. Although the commute is no fun it will be good to see some of my colleagues, even if it’s at a distance. On the flip side I will make the most of the fuel savings until then. 

Glad to hear you went for a nice walk today and that you treated yourself yesterday evening. It was a very well deserved treat!

Let me know when you next plan to join evening chat and I will try and be there. 

Have a good evening and sweet dreams. 

Your friend

Lively x

Posted : 2nd June 2020 10:00 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Many thanks for posting on my diary Lively. Hope you have a lovely day.

It is a very pleasant day in Kingston Upon Hull. A city that is considered by many knowledgeable people to be the birthplace of God! 

A mild, cloudy day is forecast so an excellent opportunity to explore this little piece of heaven without risk of getting sunburnt.

There is a Black Lives Matter protest in the city centre this afternoon so will go and stand on the perimeter of that although I am not aware we have a problem in Hull with racism or in England for that matter.

In the Merchant Navy I worked alongside people of all nationalities including a couple of voyages on Nigerian ships, 3 years on Pacific Island ships and an 8 months spell on a coastal vessel in Papua New Guinea. People are people and there is good and bad to be found everywhere.

Slavery is a very bad thing and for many years I was a slave to alcohol and gambling addiction but them days are over now. 

Forty two or maybe forty three years ago today was my wedding day. Married to a very lovely lady but she couldn't compete with my gambling addiction and binge drinking so after 8 years she got rid of me and was bitter so prevented me seeing my daughter who is now nearly 38.

But it was probably all for the best. My daughter did well throughout her childhood and excelled at school before joining the police force, getting married and having children of her own.

I always supported her financially and wrote her a letter every month until she went to university but up until this day she has never got back in touch so I guess she quite rightly had a very low opinion of me.

Stopped drinking nearly 30 years ago but the betting shops continued to welcome me and my wages with their arms open wide.

So here I am now at 69 on what would have been my 42nd or 43rd wedding anniversary.

Gamble free for over 100 days and ready to rock n roll.

Wishing everyone a super duper Thursday

Love and best wishes

Stephen x 

Posted : 4th June 2020 10:25 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Warriors and Warrioresses together we are strong

Sensing what is right and knowing what is wrong

Gamcare Brothers & Sisters stand proud and will not fall

For we are on a mission now and ready to rock n roll

Yihaaaa Woohooo

Wishing everyone a super duper Friday

Love and best wishes from Stephen x x x ???

Posted : 5th June 2020 11:36 am
Page 18 / 25

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close