New me started 5th June 2020

323 Posts
30 Users
1 Likes
36.8 K Views
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Well dear diary day 242, feeling strong again, I'm so glad I listened to all the great advice here and GA . This week I'm taking part in a survey about gambling harm for the samaritans they are looking at how they can improve their response to callers who are distressed due to gambling addiction. I'm happy to help.

Posted : 31st January 2021 9:33 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Congratulations on your progress Charlieboy, 

Well done for taking the time to contribute to the Samaritans survey, sounds very worthwhile.

Take care,

Adam.

Posted : 31st January 2021 10:56 pm
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Hi diary , well day 260 !! Feeling good despite lockdown going on and on, very few negative thoughts. Keep myself current and updated with regards to my addiction. Barriers still solid and have told my husband I don't want any further input to our finances at present, and I'm happy as I'm finally aged 55years I'm learning how to live on what we have not in a "pay later " way. I actually have lived like that since my late teens ! Anyway onwards and upwards. I read every day at least 3 times a day and post everyday for someone, I've been thinking why I don't use my diary as much, I really believe it's not because I'm becoming complacent....Definitely not...it's because I'm not as needy,my mental health is better.....my outlook on life is better. My commitment to myself is when things are more normal ish I will find something that gives me personal satisfaction and fulfilment outside of being a mother, wife. Don't know what yet but I'm open to change and it's a long time since I've felt like that. Keep strong everyone ,address your issues as best as you can.

Posted : 18th February 2021 2:45 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Posted by: Charlieboy

Hi diary , well day 260 !! Feeling good despite lockdown going on and on, very few negative thoughts. Keep myself current and updated with regards to my addiction. Barriers still solid and have told my husband I don't want any further input to our finances at present, and I'm happy as I'm finally aged 55years I'm learning how to live on what we have not in a "pay later " way. I actually have lived like that since my late teens ! Anyway onwards and upwards. I read every day at least 3 times a day and post everyday for someone, I've been thinking why I don't use my diary as much, I really believe it's not because I'm becoming complacent....Definitely not...it's because I'm not as needy,my mental health is better.....my outlook on life is better. My commitment to myself is when things are more normal ish I will find something that gives me personal satisfaction and fulfilment outside of being a mother, wife. Don't know what yet but I'm open to change and it's a long time since I've felt like that. Keep strong everyone ,address your issues as best as you can.

Happy Birthday Charlieboy

Charlieboy Charlieboy give me five

Your looking rather cute

For a babe who's fifty five

???

Respectful courageous warrioress

There's nothing you can't handle

But please take extra care my friend

When blowing out the fifty fifth candle

???

Love and best wishes from Aum x x x 

Posted : 18th February 2021 3:59 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Hello Charlieboy.

Just popping by to wish you a good weekend.

Aum x 

Posted : 19th February 2021 12:03 pm
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Day 270 . Doing very very well ,enjoying the nice weather and the peace of mind that being gamble free affords me. As always all my best to all my Gamcare friends and strength to those struggling xxx

Posted : 28th February 2021 8:17 pm
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Day 280 so passed 9 calendar months !! Doing good when issues arise I'm dealing with things in a positive way. Past few weeks thoughts of gambling have gone back to being fleeting and not hard to dispel like they were a few weeks ago. I'm grateful for this renewed calmness as it wasn't pleasant when the demon on my shoulder was pecking away, I've slung it back into the wardrobe !! Lol. My son is back in school next week ? husband back in work ? . Lol I'm being a bit naughty now, but what I'm writing reflects my mood , happy...jokey... Take care everyone anyone struggling keep the faith you can do this xxx

Posted : 10th March 2021 2:57 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

280 days is massive achievement! Soon you will hit a year and so on and so on..day at a time of course. No point looking back when there is so much to look forward to ?

Keep doing what you doing, rediscover yourself and enjoy life on its terms..light, funny, calm and enriching.

Have a good day and keep on smiling

S&B xx

Posted : 10th March 2021 3:05 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Dear @charlieboy,

so so pleased to hear that you are doing so well and that you are feeling light and jokey! Please embrace this new lightness, it was a long time coming and you've worked so hard for it, you should be really proud of yourself. 

Keep sharing, keep the focus and keep the joy!

All the best,

Eva

Forum Admin

Posted : 10th March 2021 5:15 pm
(@bladesman)

Well done, how time has passed. Still jogging along 8 days behind 🙂 

Posted : 10th March 2021 8:19 pm
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Bladesman I'm dragging you with me I'm not letting go lol

Posted : 10th March 2021 9:28 pm
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Dear diary, day 291 and all is going well the gambling demon is way back deep in the shadows where it belongs. Quite a few females joining GA and it's good brings different dynamics to the room even though as far as I'm concerned I never felt uncomfortable when I was the single female of the group. I think it's starting to reflect that gambling is not a male orientated problem anymore and the trend of online gambling is increasingly appealing to females. I'm gradually opening up to friends about my struggles with gambling and it's wonderful to not be hiding a secret life anymore. I'm seeing more and more that being open and honest is making me stronger and happier. 

Posted : 21st March 2021 11:01 pm
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

300 !! And to celebrate the sun is out . What a difference 300 days makes but no time to let up I'm still work in progress but I'm living much easier in my own skin now. I can look in the mirror without hating the person who looks back. I recognise this person now she's from way back, some wrinkles and grey hair now lol but still the sparkle is back the hope for the future is back. I'M BACK !!!

Posted : 30th March 2021 3:03 pm
(@bladesman)

Smashing it girl!!!! well done and you were back ages ago

Posted : 30th March 2021 5:23 pm
Chris.UK
(@chris-uk)

@charlieboy Great work. Keep on at it.

Chris.

Posted : 30th March 2021 6:08 pm
Page 17 / 22

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close