My Journey - 17/05/2020

73 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

Day 5 - Still gamble free, close to a week now. I am making progress.

Posted : 5th June 2020 4:09 pm
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

Day 6 - Sports back on today but I'm not falling for the trap. Although blocks are in place I still don't want my mind to be around those sorts of thoughts today. Hope everyone is doing well, tomorrow will be the 1 week mark for me!

Posted : 6th June 2020 10:45 am
(@kevthekev40)

Well bula I really think your doing great and at least you have the sense to get this gambling under control when your still young,  you have a lot off sense and a good head on your shoulders just think one day at a time and in 2yrs your debt free then all your money is yours. You can make a good future for yourself gamble free. I went a year then out of nowhere I decided to put £10 on roulette I thought that can't hurt, well boy did it sting as 1hr later I was nearly  £8000 in  debt.I couldn't believe it what the hell had I done where was this money going to come from how could I tell my partner and kids! My head was messed up so that night I did something stupid it was wrong but at the time it seemed the only thing to do. Well 5days later got out of hospital and couldn't believe my partner was willing to allow me back in the house,  but it was only for the kids as she made me aware when she finally came out the bedroom the second day. Well who could blame her I f****d up big big time. Well my daughter is 19yrs and she was acting more mature than me my son is 15yrs and just couldn't get his head round it all but was willing to be there for me. I just couldn't and can't believe how the hell I could manage to go through that amount of money in such a short period of time. What I want you to know is that if you don't stop all rational thought can leave your mind. I'm sat here today waiting on a church sending me some food!  What the hell have I done as the company had took  £4000 out off my partners bank account yesterday leaving us with not a penny overdraft gone now deep into an unarranged overdraft God knows how I'm going to pay our bills and direct debits. Do you think the company I lost all my money with are sat there thinking off me? You bet not and they know everything that's gone on but couldn't just give me 28days to try and sort my finances out and come to an agreement with them but still be able to feed my family for god sake they had all ready had £4000 from me. Well it's all fresh again my partner is going mad as if it's all just happened again. I can't get through to her the way things are going I think the best thing is for me to move out. I just don't want to see you make the same mistakes as I have and have you ever seen a poor gambling company. No i haven't myself, get your self debt free and love and enjoy your future my friend 

Posted : 6th June 2020 4:01 pm
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

@kevthekev40 Thank you for you comment and opening up to me. I really wish you well in your journey and hope that you power through and tackle any obstacle that is thrown your way. You have gone gamble free before, that is proof to yourself that you have done it before, and can do it again. Money can come back, relationships can heal, not all is lost. You can find support all around you, if not in the real world then in the online world. Best of luck & never stop moving forward!

Posted : 7th June 2020 4:38 pm
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

Day 7 - One week into the month now and still gamble free. My first mini milestone. Watched some football yesterday and didn't gamble, which is proof to myself that I CAN do it. Each day as it comes.. Bring on next week.

Posted : 7th June 2020 4:40 pm
(@kevthekev40)

Thanks for your kind words bula

I will take one day at a time and go from there! I just wanted YOU to realise how out of control gambling can get and how destructive It can be. If I was addicted to drink there's only so much you can lose in a set period off time. But gambling is a totally different ball game. I  suffer with severe mental health problems so that doesn't help but you keep up the good work and stay away from that evil vice and live your life to the full good luck my friend 

Posted : 7th June 2020 6:05 pm
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

Day 8 - Still gamble free, that's all that matters. Not much to update on.

Posted : 8th June 2020 4:58 pm
(@kevthekev40)

Great bula

Keep up the good work and praise yourself as it's a big achievement and just take it one day at a time and the days become week the week's months and the months years I'm really happy for you 

Posted : 8th June 2020 5:43 pm
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

@kevthekev40 Thanks Kev, I hope you're doing good aswell. Enjoy the rest of the week!

Posted : 8th June 2020 9:31 pm
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

Day 9 - One day off of double digits now. I'm getting into the swing of it now and remaining consistent. Enjoying being able to say that I still have not gambled. Each day as it comes.. 

Posted : 9th June 2020 12:43 pm
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

Day 10 - Double figures! Still GF

Posted : 10th June 2020 2:33 pm
(@kevthekev40)

Well done bula

Your doing really good be proud off yourself! I've not had a gooday today as my partner has been really off with me and my 15yrs old son has been the same calling me every name under the Sun. I know I deserve it but it just makes my mental health worse and I can't allow myself to be in that dark state off mind. So I'm sat here contacting the people I've got helping me,  It takes time but I know I need some me time as that allows me to mend if that makes sense. You have a good day my friend and I'll let you know where I'm at tomorrow 

Posted : 10th June 2020 3:57 pm
Chris.UK
(@chris-uk)

Good work.

That's all.

Chris.

Posted : 10th June 2020 8:52 pm
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

@kevthekev40 I'm similar in which I really enjoy my own space, and spending my time on my own. But doing this for extended periods is what makes me dangerous in terms of gambling. So I try to keep myself occupied, which is difficult given the circumstances were all facing at the moment. Glad you're still doing well though, day by day!

Posted : 11th June 2020 5:22 pm
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

@chris-uk Thankyou!

Posted : 11th June 2020 5:22 pm
Page 2 / 5

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close