Going to keep this thread now!

3,771 Posts
146 Users
5 Likes
290.3 K Views
(@freda)
Topic starter

Thanks, Andy

I have a date with a different guy tomorrow. Been chatting to him for a while. He's a nice guy, although also seems lacking in personality in the sense he's not really shown any of his sense of humour or joie de vivre. 

Tomorrow I am facing myself, in a way. I have been upset lately about being chubby and how this seems to put a lot of guys off - but I am facing one of my own shallownesses tomorrow. He is shorter than me. By a couple of inches and I'm not particularly tall. It will e interesting to see how I react to it. I do realise it's hypocritical of me to complain about some men being shallow when I have my own things I prefer. The thing is, I don't think it'll matter if we click really well. We will see.

2 weeks gamble free today.

Posted : 10th January 2020 2:15 pm
Murlo
(@murlo)

Best wishes for your date Freda x

Posted : 11th January 2020 7:04 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

Thanks, Murls.

The date was fine, he seems a nice bloke. I think he's on the spectrum, which in itself isn't a problem - it depends how it expresses itself. He seemed quite moany and negative, as though he was a lot older than his years - he was 6 years younger than me! The main way it didn't sit well for me, was the seriousness of him. He has never really cracked a joke or displayed any kind of playfulness at all. 

I was glad to notice that his height didn't put me off he is 5ft 3in, which is shorter than me. I hate knocking people back, he has just messaged asking if I'd like to meet again. Not sure what I'm going to say :-/

That "friend" of mine is a right selfish booger! I just caught her driving back from the pharmacy in my car. She didn't offer to pick me up from work, though. I was walking back from the bus stop when I saw her. Who needs friends like that? Not me.

I feel a bit down. I think it's just people generally being rubbish toward me. Had enough to last a lifetime.

Posted : 12th January 2020 7:08 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Hi gorgeous soul,

Thank you for your kind post. Truly lifted my spirits up. Its easy to forget self care..the main part in wellbeing huh...

I hear your struggles too...and likewise - be caring and loving of yourself. Its only one of you ... who we sooo treasure.

Hugs lovely ((((((f))))))

S&B xx

Posted : 13th January 2020 12:45 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

Glad you're safe, SB x

I've had a really good, productive day. Found the energy to do a lot of the little jobs I'd been to tired to do, recently. I went to work, worked hard there and even went to the gym before this!

I had fallen into a bad habit of laying on the sofa all morning and only moving when I had to get ready for work. I was pleased that today, I got my b**t in gear and left the house 2 hours early. I had a gym session, then was half an hour early for work! I just sat in the staff room, scrolling on my phone. Was nice not to be rushing into work with seconds to spare - I got a taxi in last week.

I feel calmer for all the exercise I got today but it did take my mind a while to slow down and calm itself tonight. I must remember not to do too much, on my more energetic days. I get overwhelmed by it. I still haven't done my special tension and trauma releasing exercises. I'm holding a lot of fear in my bott. I can feel it.

Posted : 14th January 2020 12:54 am
Murlo
(@murlo)

Good for you Freda, lovely to read that you have had a productive day and that at least done if it has been about doing things for you ?

Posted : 14th January 2020 1:13 am
S.A
 S.A
(@s-687)

Hiya... Was just thinking about your date. I think people are sometimes serious when they are nervous and over thinking what to say... tends to make the conversation stilted. Though I guess some people are just serious.

Makes me think of a situation I had yesterday. I was at some training. As part of the training we had to practice to some manual handling. I had to help hoist the trainer (she pretending to be a client) out of a chair. Now the thing is am use to hoisting 89 year old women not a 33 year old woman whom was slim and attractive, wearing a skirt and figure hugging top lol and boy o boy did I get nervous, completely unable to speak as i tucked the hoist sling under her bottom... my usual playful self just vanished and i turned into an embarrassed mush 🙂 I know what sort of manual handling i wanted to do 🙂

Anyway glad you had a good day 

Posted : 14th January 2020 2:17 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

I know what you mean but I think he's just not very playful, sadly.

I feel like I don't have a lot to  write, really. In some ways, a good thing. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since my last foray. 

My mood has improved slightly, been a bit more energetic and able to get stuff done. Gym has definitely helped.

Posted : 16th January 2020 3:06 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Hi f,

None of us are chatter boxes i suppose. (Im well bad with staying quiet sometimes...can do days without a word mattered ?)..so, i guess i am trying to say - it's ok not to be in the top form all the time.

Glad to hear about the gym and your risen energy levels. Its good to keep that blood flowing.

Keep doing what you doing...tipu tapu - one day at a time ? & be proud of your achievements.

S&B xx

Posted : 16th January 2020 11:39 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

Closing in on 4 weeks, here. I know you should ideally stay within each day at a time but I have no intentions of missing that 4 week mark on Friday.

Work was good, last night. Had a change of scene, doing some ticketing out in the shop. 

I have caught another cold!!!! That's 4 I've had since the summer. It's ridiculous! Thankfully, this one isn't too bad but it has stopped me from getting to the gym AGAIN! 

I went dancing on Sunday and loved it. I'm not really into going out on the lash and going clubbing but I missed dancing. 

I have my mortgage fixed now for the next 5 years, which I'm very pleased about. 

Posted : 22nd January 2020 11:51 am
(@freda)
Topic starter

Another lazy night, then day, after work. Full of cold. It's boring!

Felt a bit uncomfortable yesterday. Short man I had went on a date with, came into the shop. He looked kind of crazy and strung out. I was afraid he was going to make a scene but he left without incident. There was something not quite right about it, though.

Another man who had messaged me on a dating app, messaged me again. A lot of men do this. Why, I don't know. If you're interested, you reply. His second message said "you have a double working in...….." How creepy is that?! You might as well phone me up and whisper "I'm watching you!" I saw him in the shop a few days later and was relieved he didn't come up to me. 

I imagine women can be this weird too. 

Posted : 23rd January 2020 4:05 pm
(@boo-radley)

Hello freda.. Glad to read your news of mortgage.. 

Take some lemsip and keep warm the cold will soon be gone 

Take care n chat soon.. One day your Prince will come freda ?

Boo ?

Posted : 23rd January 2020 4:23 pm
(@freda)
Topic starter

Thanks, Boo

I feel there is a bad atmosphere on Gamcare these days. I only come here so as not to lose the connections I've made with those in recovery.

Despite the above, I find myself coming here less and less.

Posted : 25th January 2020 10:27 pm
(@boo-radley)

Freda.. Have a lovely time Sunday.. Kerp me posted on it. I find what you do interesting and live to follow your little life stories. 

As for the atmosphere I am still newish here but have found everyone so helpful...

Nite and bless 

Boo ?

Posted : 25th January 2020 11:57 pm
DramaLlama
(@dramallama)

Posted by: freda

Thanks, Boo

I feel there is a bad atmosphere on Gamcare these days. I only come here so as not to lose the connections I've made with those in recovery.

Despite the above, I find myself coming here less and less.

I'm really very sad to read this. I find this place so helpful and my recovery buddies are a real lifeline to me. I am so thankful for the Helpline and the people that talk to me when I'm completely bonkers. 

I shall make a concerted effort to make sure that you feel the same way too whenever you pop on. 

You are lovely Freda. We appreciate your content. I am glad you still stop by. 

Love from Drama x

Posted : 26th January 2020 12:01 am
Page 216 / 252

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close