Support us

FROM HERE TO A YEAR  

Page 1 / 3

CM3003
(@cm3003)

Hi all,

Was last here back in April having just completed 5 months gamble free. I am 28 and have been gambling since I was 20, those 5 months were the longest I have managed without a bet, I only bet on football.

Since April I have tracked my gambling and have lost £600, not a lot but £200 of that has come in the last 10 days and I can feel myself getting sucked in again.

From Nov 17 -Apr 18 I kept a diary on here and updated it everyday and to me it helped a lot in me staying clear of this horrible addiction.

Before I started my diary In November I worked out I that I lost on average £2500 a year since 2014, a lot of money to me. That is equivalent to £49 a week , £7 a day and what helped last time was I added up each day what I would have spent gambling and I will do the same this time round.

I managed 5 months last time and I know it will be difficult but aiming for a year this time round.

My last bet was on Wednesday so my first entry tomorrow will be day 3

Posted : 24th August 2018 10:31 pm
CM3003
(@cm3003)

Saturdays will be my hardest day to get through at first. If only I could just stick to a £5 accumulator but that is never the way, always want more and when I win more I only lose it again.

The main problem for me is boredom, I need to come up with a new hobby to take my mind completly off gambling.

Will be hard first week or so but as I found in my first diary it does get easier, one day at a time

Day 3 : £21.00

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25th August 2018 12:34 am
CM3003
(@cm3003)

Yesterday was tough.

Somehow watched football and the live scores without placing a bet.

I did go on a couple of sites I must admit but I self excluded on both of them rather then gamble.

There are just so many bookies online now which causes so much temptation.

I admitted to my girlfriend yesterday that i had been struggling with the urges lately and feel better now that I have told someone. She knows about my gambling and does stick by me, luckily it has never got majorly out of hand.

Will keep busy today, gym , family , anything to just keep me busy and to help me forget gambling.

Day 4 £28.00

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26th August 2018 12:10 am
CM3003
(@cm3003)

Busy day today so not much chance of even thinking about gambling. Week off holiday this week , usually go away for 3 or 4 nights but not this time so will have to come up with ways to keep busy.

Day 5 £35.00

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27th August 2018 1:27 am
CM3003
(@cm3003)

Was quite difficult yesterday. Didnt have any plans so a lot of it thinking about gambling and ignoring the temptations. Was close to backing another goal in the Man Utd vs Spurs match at 0-2, yes it would have won but I only would have lost it eventually (I keep reminding myself of that).

Bit more of a busier day today which helps. Not missing the stress and anxiety gambling causes me one bit.

Day 6 £42.00

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28th August 2018 12:52 am
CM3003
(@cm3003)

Hi there,

Yes I am now self excluded from all my bookmakers online. I still find myself going on them though and checking, just a habit that will slowly fade the longer I go gamble free.

The amount of times in the past I would ‘only’ deposit £10 and that has turned into me losing a couple hundred pounds in a few days due to chasing, its just not worth it and need to keep telling myself that I am winning the longer I dont place a bet

ReplyQuote
Posted : 28th August 2018 1:35 pm
CM3003
(@cm3003)

Wasnt too bad yesterday, kept myself busy. Did at times though find myself online checking odds and seeing what I fancied betting on, helps a lot being self excluded everywhere at the moment so wasnt on there long.

Day 7 £49.00

ReplyQuote
Posted : 29th August 2018 10:04 am
CM3003
(@cm3003)

Good day yesterday, only checked my phone once or twice to see the latest odds, hopefully manage a day soon where I dont check at all and stick to it. I have self excluded for at least one year on all my online bookies I used.

Busy day planned today, hotel booked down London tonight, walk over the o2 in the afternoon then out for dinner. Just keep taking it day by day.

Day 8 £56.00

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30th August 2018 12:24 am
Tb1010
(@tb1010)

Good job CM - try to not check the odds as if you're like me this only starts the urge. I've actually got rid of my smart phone and got a brick that has no internet access to avoid this.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 30th August 2018 11:59 am
CM3003
(@cm3003)

Well done getting rid of the phone, I would too but need it for everything else.

Didnt check at all yesterday as had very busy day. That is the main thing for me, keeping busy as a lot of my gambling is when I am bored.

Day 9 £63.00

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31st August 2018 12:59 pm
CM3003
(@cm3003)

Wasnt as difficult as I thought it would be today. Watched the live scores without too much thinking of having a bet, was actually nice not having any stress or even thinking about gambling while it was on for once.

Day 10 £70.00

ReplyQuote
Posted : 1st September 2018 8:26 pm
CM3003
(@cm3003)

Busy day today, will watch Arsenal hopefully beat Cardiff then family bbq in afternoon. Feeling good and no real urges to have a bet, keep reminding myself I cannot win

Day 11 £77.00

ReplyQuote
Posted : 2nd September 2018 9:06 am
Donna2501
(@donna2501)

You are doing great, strength will come with each and every day!

Dx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 2nd September 2018 12:33 pm
CM3003
(@cm3003)

Thanks Donna,

Had a couple of urges to bet on the Arsenal game when we were drawing 2-2, fancied us to win and even though we did, in not betting I could just enjoy the game with no stress.

Back to work today after a week off so will be easier to keep my mind off gambling

Day 12 £84.00

ReplyQuote
Posted : 3rd September 2018 8:36 am
CM3003
(@cm3003)

Hardly thought about gambling yesterday, kept busy. Trying to come up with a new hobby to keep me busy in spare time.

Day 13 £91.00

ReplyQuote
Posted : 4th September 2018 8:45 am
Page 1 / 3