Final Chance

291 Posts
26 Users
0 Likes
17.3 K Views
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Gone and done it again..... been gambling and lost another large amount of money,how many times am i going to do this to myself?...really need something to change this time have phoned up about councelling and will get a call back on tuesday as tomorrow is a bank holiday... have a little money left as i always seem to keep enough for rent, food, bills etc but know if things dont change i will end up leaving myself with nothing, really angry with myself can live with hurting myself but cant deal with hurting my family... finally know now cant beat this without help so hoping something happens regards the concelling.... this horrible disease has taken alot from me i need to stop now before it takes everthing

Posted : 27th August 2017 4:27 pm
(@Anonymous)

Right , I'm going to be brutal here in the hope that it might make you have a good rummage around down below to find a pair and start fighting this addiction properly ! . Just looking back over you diary's and youv'e been her for two and a half years doing the same thing . All the diarys , Day 1 , back again , starting afresh , need this time to be the last , and now Final chance , how many more titles will it take to make you realise you will only win the day you stop gambling for good ? .

Youv'e been around long enough to realise what this is doing to you and your family and that 's not going to ever chamge unless you do my friend , I've been where you are and I know it's not easy to walk away from but It can be done you just have to want to stop more than you want that next bet ! .

Where's all the blocking software ? the non access to funds ? the keeping busy to distract yourself gone ? Time .,Money , location keep it broken you can't gamble ! It's all basic simple stuff that you and I and every other Compulsive Gambler needs to keep us safe but you can just " Rock up on a site and Gamble again which means " It aint in place " ? .

I'm sorry if this is coming accross harsh but sometimes we just need a good kick up the **** to make us start realising that at some point time's going to run out with chances .

Look back at those diary's and choose the next title of " Finally Stopped Gambling for good " or the next one could be " I've lost everything I hold dear "

Take care buddy

Alan

Posted : 27th August 2017 5:24 pm
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Hi Alan, Thanks for your reply............. You are 100% correct in everything you have said thanks for being honest with me and i have taken everything you have posted on board as you have said you have been in this position yourself and are talking from experince, i feel i am now on my last chance and and now realise that blocking software etc is no enough for me and am hoping that councelling can be arranged... Thanks for taking the time to respond to me .

Posted : 27th August 2017 6:10 pm
Merry go round
(@merry-go-round)

Chartom I know every one is different and I'll get criticism from some but go to a GA meeting, get a bit of reality. Go look in the mirror , see where you'll be in another year. It's hard, it's brutal but it's honest.

Posted : 27th August 2017 6:47 pm
(@sars27)

Hey chatrom sorry to hear about your relapse again man !I echo ALAN ! The advice that the man give is just perfection ! Alan you're a role model to us all !

I guess you need a sharp dose of reality my friend .

Sars

Posted : 27th August 2017 8:46 pm
(@Anonymous)

Chartom , It's always a pleasure to chew things over with a fellow CG and I'm glad you took the post as it was intended :)) .

There's loads of stuff out there that we can use to go forward and the councilling for you sound's a great idea , I was wondering if it's something you'd had a go at before ? or GA for that matter as MGR said ? .

Either way buddy your back and still pushing forward so Kudos to you for trying another way , I think youv'e just got to let it all go , leave all the losses behind and close the door , yoiu can nail this mate but you need to push yourself hard to conquer that fear of not coping without using gambling as a support , once you do you'll start reaping those reward's :))

Stay safe Fella :))

Posted : 27th August 2017 9:54 pm
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Alan, Always welcome advice (harsh or otherwise) from someone like yourself who has been there and done it, as for councilling or GA no they are not something i have tried before and would really like to try either or both of them as i feel i need something to do somethind different this time , havent tried them in the past as i live about 30 miles from my nearst meeting and i dont drive. Have a call back from councilling people on Tuesday so hopefully something can be sorted.Thanks for the support mate , really does mean alot to me. Cheers....

Posted : 27th August 2017 10:12 pm
(@Anonymous)

Well I hope you hear a positive response on Tuesday Bud and all goes well , I've not been to GA either, and my reason was my working hours are really strange but it would be something I'd be open to if I felt the need and I'd have to try and work something else out , to be honest though with my family for support and this wondefull place and it's mixed bag of Guests I seemed to have come a long way , still a lifetime's work ahead but that's ok as it's alway's just One day at a time eh :)) .

Take care mate have a good night and you know where I am if you need a natter :))

Posted : 27th August 2017 10:44 pm
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

So the sun rises on day 1 (Again) ........ ......Something feels different this time, (has the penny finally dropped ?), I cant keep going round in circles and realise that things have to done different this time if for nothing else for my sanity.I am in all other walks of life a normal person but online sports betting has turned me into monster, someone i dont like at all.The money is gone will take years to repay but finally starting to realise life is not all about money its about spending time with family time which i has wasted these last 5 years and cant get back.Got a call back on tuesday regarding councilling and really hope something comes of it as it is clear blocking software, help on here, etc is not enough for me.......

Posted : 28th August 2017 7:07 am
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Day 1 done....................no thoughts of gambling but there never is straight after a big loss, looking forward to hearing back from the councilling people tomorrow as i really do think that is something i would benefit from, trying to look forward and not back and be thankfull for what i still have loving family, roof over my head, food in the cupboards.Tomorrows a new day and one i intend to spend GF.....

Posted : 28th August 2017 10:15 pm
alainepo
(@alainepo)

I hope it goes well for you with the counselling people tomorrow, don't be tempted to down play your problems. You need help, you are entitled to help so pursue it with the same gusto with which you used to pursue a betting opportunity. If you can approach non gambling with the same determination as you used to approach gambling then that can only be a good thing. Don't get fobbed off either by the counselling people, you need help. You have tried to quit many times but you need something extra be it counselling or GA or whatever you get out there and find the things that help the most.

Posted : 28th August 2017 10:51 pm
Christer1
(@christer1)

Sorry to hear bout ur relapse well done like me for getting up and starting again

Posted : 29th August 2017 2:07 am
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

alainepo wrote:

I hope it goes well for you with the counselling people tomorrow, don't be tempted to down play your problems. You need help, you are entitled to help so pursue it with the same gusto with which you used to pursue a betting opportunity. If you can approach non gambling with the same determination as you used to approach gambling then that can only be a good thing. Don't get fobbed off either by the counselling people, you need help. You have tried to quit many times but you need something extra be it counselling or GA or whatever you get out there and find the things that help the most.

Thanks for the sound advice....... I would normally try and play down my problems to people thats just the way i am but you are right i need help this time have tried but realise now i cant beat this by myself.

Posted : 29th August 2017 9:23 am
chartom3
(@chartom3)
Topic starter

Day 2 GF.......been working out my finances today and have no doubt left myself really short money wise, have a family hoilday coming up at halloween which luckly is paid for and spending money is sitting in CU account which cant be touched, so far managed to stay out of debt this time but will prob need to take out a loan to cover Christmas.......all this has made me realise what i am doing not just to myself but to my family and given me new resolve and determination to fight harder than ever this time.

Posted : 29th August 2017 3:41 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi chartom :))

It's not great fun looking long and hard at the result's of our spending but it's something we just have to face and deal with I'm afraid . A couple of yrs on and I still have debt as a result of it all but I try and be positive about it in that it is going down instead of up , it also kinda acts as a reminder to me of what addiction can do and it also say's as "Recovery's for life " what's the rush to pay it off ? .

Stay safe buddy :))

Posted : 29th August 2017 6:25 pm
Page 1 / 20

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close