94 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
14.1 K Views
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

The 20th July 2020 was the last day I gambled but at the time was ashamed and contemplated leaving the diaries. I stayed but kept quiet about my relapse although I no longer kept a day count and made no false claims on the forum. I apologise to gamcare friends for my deceitfulness.

That was 213 days ago and I can say in all honesty that I have not gambled since than.

It pleases me that my mind seems to have changed for the better and today I became aware of feeling more comfortable, at ease and confident in my recovery.

Stephen (Aum)

Posted : 17th February 2021 7:59 pm
Seanj777
(@seanj777)

Well done pal.

Great to hear a success story. Hope I can reach them days and tell all. Keep it up ?? 

Posted : 17th February 2021 8:15 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Sean.

Wishing you every success in getting your life back.

There is definitely no future in gambling for people like us.

Aum.

Posted : 17th February 2021 8:42 pm
Chris.UK
(@chris-uk)

Stephen,

Honesty is the corner stone of recovery. There is a quote, from whom I do not know, but it reads,

"Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people".

Well done.

Chris.

Posted : 17th February 2021 8:47 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Chris for those wise words which are very meaningful. Not just in stopping gambling but also in everyday life.

"Honesty is the cornerstone of recovery." 

I really needed to confess to my relapse of the 20th July and now feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Every day is a new adventure to me now because I dont remember going this long "gamble free" before.

Hope you are keeping well and enjoying life.

Aum

Posted : 17th February 2021 9:03 pm
(@charlieboy)

Hi AUM, don't dwell on when it went wrong it's behind you now. I'm pleased you've got it off your chest as we know our addiction thrives on secrets, shake it off keep going forward you're doing great.

Posted : 17th February 2021 9:07 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Charlieboy.

Hope you are keeping well and enjoying life.

Best wishes from Aum x 

Posted : 17th February 2021 9:58 pm
(@bladesman)

Hi Aum, well done on 213 days, don't look back it's what's in front of us that counts now. You are always so supportive of other people so really pleased you are feeling confident about your own future.

Onwards and upwards!

Posted : 17th February 2021 11:57 pm
Unknownstarz
(@unknownstarz)

Well done man, keep it up. Being honest with yourself is always the positive to recovery. 

Good luck 

Posted : 18th February 2021 1:28 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Bladesman & Unknownstarz.

I very much appreciate your support and encouragement.

Aum.

Posted : 18th February 2021 1:41 am
Amba
 Amba
(@amba)

Hello Aum.

I don't underestimate for a second how bad this relapse made you feel. However, you could also look at it in a different way, if you hadn't relapsed, you may not have experienced the newfound serenity and fortitude that you speak of today. You are a generous soul on the forum and deserve future success. All the best to you.

Posted : 18th February 2021 2:42 am
(@debsy371)

213 days is a real achievement. Also being honest about your relapse is an achievement too. Honesty is a huge part of recovery I have found. Well done and also thank you for being a huge support to many on here 

Posted : 18th February 2021 8:22 am
(@boo-radley)

You're a champagne supernova 

?? Boo 

?

Posted : 18th February 2021 11:46 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Amba, Debsy & Boo.

In the past I gave money to the bookmakers and foolishly considered myself to be unlucky.

Now I realise that I am one of the luckiest people in the world because I found Gamcare and am being helped in my recovery by absolutely wonderful friends who have their own trials and tribulations but still find it in their hearts to give me support and encouragement.

Aum x x x 

This post was modified 3 years ago by Aum

Posted : 18th February 2021 12:25 pm
(@rochg)

The enlightenment you feel, Stephen, illuminates this whole forum ?

Posted : 18th February 2021 8:14 pm
Page 1 / 7

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close