2020 WAYS TO A SUCCESSFUL YEAR

277 Posts
18 Users
1 Likes
30.1 K Views
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi all yep technology is great but only if its used in the right way and not too much, I really feel for youngsters growing up AF no as they will miss their childhood thru using technology all the time living in a screen rather than the outside world.  When we were kids we were playing football, rollerbooting and hanging out around parks let's hope that continues and kids can get out and about thru their childhood.  At the gym I see kids now and I think I used to be fit by playing games outside not running on a treadmill indoors its such a shame but I guess parents just want to see them being active!!! I think Facebook has a lifespan once everyone sees the adverts for what they are they will rebel, I think if ur middle aged ur already bored of Facebook and twitter so that's fine but kids will be using it socially and getting their moral from it is if u have lots of friends and post about what a good life ur having and don't get harrasment from your peers you will be happy but in the real world this rarely happens and kids will only see these positive posts from others and feel down that they are not having that sane brilliant time..... Let's c what the future brings for social media I hope it fails SK we can get back to basic simple pleasures.  

Hi murlo mg football definitely brought up my pleasure factor as well as being great for health...see simple pleasures of being outside with friends... Talking face to face in the real world about life solving each others problems and releavinv stress.  

I'm on my four day weekend now and enjoying myself, went to gym AF lunchtime for a coffee and some excercize.  Went well I seem to be getting healthier I'm trying to get myself out of breath at times to improve my lung capacity... I used to cough in the gym but now three years after stopping smoking I'm a lot more healthy.

Going to meet a friend for coffee tomo lunchtime and a spot of cheese on toast.... Should be nice to get out and unwind.  

Feeling positive about life at the most i got great feedback in my review and all objectives were reviewed as achieved and agreed at that, also my manager thanked me for covering holidays and sickness.  I could work Sundays for them cleaning but I think keeping my hours down equals my health level and stress levels at a good level.

Spurs list first Lev but ilk be supporting them as fad as they GEF and hoping that next season we are in champs league still, here's hoping.

Still haven't been swimming yet this month but if that's the only objective for Feb I don't manage then that's find by me all else is great at no.

Looking forward to June with the Euros coming up a month full of entertainment come on England!!!

Posted : 20th February 2020 8:32 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Ive just read a post about sardo the username on here, it goes thru what he's done recently gambling on credit cards, racking up debts, losing his job and living with his parents at 37.  Now you can forgive him for feeling depressed about this but it gives me more believe in why we need to stay clear of gambling as there are soo many dangers out there at the moment with the ability of gambling on credit cards with money oyu don't have with the believe that you will beat the impossible odds then be able to hold out for that win for months if they ever will actually pay out the money.  Now he lives with his parents, would he be happy if he had no debt, probably, but if you take the debt out of the equation he's still sleeping in a bed in a warm house and eating well hes got money for drinks of cider and can look for another job whilst being on jobseekers!!!! its just a number on a screen!!!!! if that number is a plus does it change anything? no.  Im his age living with parents with no debt am I in a better position than him? if we learn to not think about money then we are axactly as happy as each other I guess..... 

Posted : 22nd February 2020 7:12 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Want to go swimming this month, been to the gym quite a few times and played footy but swimming is the best form of excercize there is, so mental note to go somewhen this month.... 

Posted : 22nd February 2020 7:43 pm
Murlo
(@murlo)

Adam,

I just love your positive outlook. You always make me look at things differently. I hope you enjoy your swimming, I love it x

Posted : 22nd February 2020 8:58 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Just back from gym, done 14 mins treadmill, 5 mins rowing fast and ten mins weights, a pretty small workout but it is a sunday gods day of rest!!!!!

Gonna keep a food diary this week in my diary by bed, need to think more about what i eat, im still over thirteen stone and this hasnt changed in a long time so want to lose my belly!!!! this is my new action plan, PLAN LOSE THE BELLY!!!!!!!

1) Keep a food diary and speak to my sister whos a diatician about what to eat.  i do however know the ins and outs of it.

2) Eat eggs!!!!!!!! and plenty of them for energy.

3) Cut down on crisps and chocolate!!!!! I currently eat two packs of crisps and two chocolate bars every day this cant be helping me so gonna try to knock these on the head.

4) I GIVE MYSELF AN ACHIEVABLE 8 MONTHS TO GET RID OF MY STUMACH AND AVERAGELY WEIGH 12 STONE SIX POUNDS OR UNDER.

OVER AND OUT

ADAM

Posted : 23rd February 2020 4:17 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Day one of diet has gone well, however the first day is always the easiest at everything.  Proud of myself for no ice cream or chocolate or crisps tonight.... 

First step is tomo get thru tomo and then the next day healthy body healthy mind....

Pretty proud of what I've achieved over the past year, been going thru my spreadsheet tonight and it makes great reading ive gone from youth to maturity in the past six years and come out wiser.  

Back to work tomo after four days off, spurs lost but still in the tie at one nil and then lost against Chelsea sat but we always lose away to Chelsea, better run in coming so look forward to some better results.

Also went to my flat today and planned some gardening for the next door neighbour so we can put a new fence in in between our two properties.  She's a proper eccentric so I'm sure we will get on when I move in in a few years time... 

Just in bed now, another long sleep tonight gain my strength for work tomo.

Three weeks till I hit the 100 day mark, I'm not sure why but time has definitely slowed down for me, seems like I should be on 200 days soon but I guess that's better in a way don't want to wish my life away...

Posted : 23rd February 2020 10:12 pm
 Loux
(@loux)

Hi adam, dont think I've read any of your diary before but just want to say your amazing well done how far you've come in you recovery..you seem to have a positive mindset that's how it comes across anyway and it's really great to see..not denying that it must have took some real hard work to get to the point your at and I admire that

Loulou xx

Posted : 23rd February 2020 11:42 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi loulou, thanks for popping by and thanks for the great comments means a lot.

Went to work then to see my doctor, not sure whether we just ran out of conversation but started talking about work and she thought I should apply for NHS work.  It pays better and is just up the road from me.  My mum thought it was a bad idea as I've recently wanted less hours and it could be weekend work.  I don't know its food for thought.

Everything's pretty settled at work at no and don't want to rock the boat health wise just to get paid more money.

Been trying to think less about money recently so I guess this is a prime example of me thinking about it less and more thinking about health.

Moneys great but can't put a price on mental wellbeing.

Done my food journal tonight and managed one pack of crisps and no chocolate!!! Step in right direction, just had an extra weetabix this morning instead.

Posted : 24th February 2020 6:59 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Yep end of another day, work was good nice weather was outside for a couple of hours.  Then back home dinner and reading some diaries on here.  Have to say pretty happy with my progress everything is falling into place....My job is going well and I get a lot of support at work.... My diet is going OK keeping a food diary and gonna try and cut back on unhealthy things and add fruit and more excercize into the equation.....

Posted : 25th February 2020 7:46 pm
(@Anonymous)

Adam, I'm leaving gamcare, but wanted to to say thankyou to you and some others before I do. I hope you see this before my account is closed. You've been there on my journey, and I look up to you. Your a kind person and so helpful. You have made me smile with your jokes at times when I didn't think it was possible to smile. I'm proud of how well you are doing. Keep it up, stay gf and stay strong 

Stace ♥️

Posted : 26th February 2020 2:30 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi Stace I hope you make up with your fella, find joy in life and stay clear from gambling, u will be missed , Adam xxx

Posted : 26th February 2020 11:09 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Off to work in a minute, another day, come on let's do this.

Posted : 26th February 2020 11:22 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Another week almost over work wise.  Just Friday at work to go then just some gardening to do at flat on Sunday should weather hold up?  Today I'm grateful for my health, I've put a lot of effort into being healthy and its paying off the two h s happy and healthy.

Posted : 27th February 2020 9:07 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Another week down, just turned down a poker game!!! Doesn't happen often but a friend tempted me to a home game.... Thought about going and not playing but that wouldn't work at all....  So just staying in again this weekend.

Posted : 28th February 2020 7:58 pm
(@mark-powell)

Well done Adam! It’s so easy to think that a game amongst friends will be ok, but it rarely is, and awakens the beast inside, it’s a big achievement that you turned down the offer! Be proud

Mark

Posted : 28th February 2020 8:50 pm
Page 6 / 19

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close