2020 WAYS TO A SUCCESSFUL YEAR

277 Posts
18 Users
1 Likes
30.1 K Views
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hello diary. Had a really really bad week emotionally and physically.  Worked a bit of overtime but just felt so low all week.  Couldn't coupe yesturday and asked if I could go home after I'd done my contract five hour shift.  Luckily my manager said no so I stayed the rest of the afternoon.  But just felt really really low so when I got home I went straight to be once I'd made it.  Then slept till 7am today so 12hours, really needed it.  But all I wanna do is stay in bed at no, can't bring myself to go to gym or be happy whilst at work.  Hopefully its just January blues!!!!

Posted : 23rd January 2020 6:03 pm
(@boo-radley)

Let's hope Adam.. Its a long dark month.. But thanks for coming here.. We miss you on chat... 

Better days ahead . Spring just around the corner

Boo ?

Posted : 23rd January 2020 6:23 pm
Murlo
(@murlo)

Hey Adam,

I am sorry to hear that your tank is running a little empty at the mo. It sounds as though you need a little recovery time. I know it’s hard to feel motivated to do things when our resources are low but one thing that helps me is to go for a really gentle swim. I have heard you say on chat a few times that it is something you enjoy. Take it easy my friend. Listen to your body x

Posted : 23rd January 2020 10:30 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hello diary, thakyou boo and murlo u two allways seem to perk me up when I'm down.  Was speaking to my dad tonight about a friend who is traveling to new Zealand for a month next year to watch cricket.  \he said that would be good.  My dad asked if he's got a family I said no and he said when you haven't got a family you're not tied down on what you spend time and money on.  This has got me thinking as i'm not tied down at all.  I can literally do anything I want to (money aside).  If I take a sebatical at work for a few months in a couple of years i'd be able to do some traveling.  I literally live at home with my parents so I wouldn't have to spend anything on rent or bills over this period im free to do whatever.  I could travel the uk! I wouldn't necessarily want to go abroad but id like to travel and see all the national trust places in Britain.  That would be something to aim for.  Its great food for thought..... one thing at a time tho gamble free 2020 first....

Posted : 30th January 2020 9:41 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Just back from the gym, had a sausage roll and cinamen pastry before so didn't really think it thru could of not gone to gym and put on less weight lol, but it was nice.  Think im gonna save up for my travelling of uk, can save a hundred a month for a year and then do a months holiday from work in one go.  Brilliant idea you only live once.  Just relaxing now might go swimming tomo for a bit.... watch this space.... murlo said swimming is good for relaxation....im pretty chilled now but i can see how chilled i can get to.

Posted : 1st February 2020 6:52 pm
Murlo
(@murlo)

Adam,

it is wonderful that you have a dream to travel. I think it sounds like you have a plan to achieve it too. It's lovely to hear you sounding so good ?

This post was modified 4 years ago by Murlo

Posted : 1st February 2020 8:18 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

That sounds brilliant Adam.

So many places to see and the UK has loads of great walks.

I am too far gone now but looking back I wish I had done more walking around this beautiful country. I remember a couple telling me they had walked the Penine Way and had booked b&b's in advance and they had a lot of fun plus the memories will stay with them forever.

Stephen x 

Posted : 1st February 2020 8:43 pm
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

Hi Adm,

Who knows but i'd love to think your walking boots would carry you as far as the NE of England. Would love to meet up one day. Follow your dreams, you never know how far they'll take you. Through good & bad times we've shared our experiences and you've been around since the first time i landed here. I love reading your posts because no matter how many times you get knocked down not only do you get back up, but encourage others to keep fighting. As long as you're around i'll never lose faith.

Best Wishes

AL

Posted : 2nd February 2020 12:51 am
(@boo-radley)

Aww that's a nice thought slow. And what better place.. Adam offers so much..even in his low points he finds time to commit to us and relate..

I hope this year a lot of us on here find the peace we have been avoiding by being otherwise pre. Occupied.. 

Enjoy your Sunday slow and Adam 

Boo ?

Posted : 2nd February 2020 8:48 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi People, lovely to get soo many messages on my diary made me feel great when I woke up this morning!!!

Yep feeling much better thanks murlo, a lot more perky.

Yes Stephen ill have to look into where I want to travel but ill certainly look into the penines, b& b s sound like a great plan!!!!

Hi Al, yep it would be great to meet up with you, u never know should I venture past ne England we could meet up for a coffee/beer.  We've defo been thru some interesting times.  To be fair you've been a rock the whole time.  U said no more gambling, put the blocks in place and worked hard at it......and here we are well over a year gamble free.  I've had a small set back of poker at pubs from may 19 to nov 19 but kept my guard up and once i'd started playing on fruit machines again I said to myself I need to go back to the original plan again...… Abstinence is the only way to succeed I guess.  I only lost 140 pounds in 2019 so im proud of that and its still year on year a dramatic improvement.  Lets do this al lets make 2020 another successful year!!!

Hi Boo, yes it was wonderful for Al to put that together....im very grateful... how are you getting on, lets have a peaceful sunday, im off to a mates (not the pub) to watch spurs today then back for a snack and to relax.

Somedays I wake up happy, somedays tired, somedays high, somedays low but everyday I come on here and there are friends that support me whatever mood/position im in.  

Posted : 2nd February 2020 3:31 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hello diary, went to work today was good then played football tonight, first time in a long time.  I used to play every week a few years ago and the same bunch are still playing every week so thought id join in again.  Much better past time than poker that's for sure.  My legs aching a bit now tho….

Posted : 4th February 2020 9:39 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Feeling a bit down today, was fine at work but when I got back got a bit down.  Not really sure why but can't be up all the time I guess.  

Posted : 6th February 2020 7:09 pm
Murlo
(@murlo)

Hey Adam, so sorry to hear that you are feeling a bit low. Maybe some duvet time with a good movie? Take good care my friend x

Posted : 6th February 2020 9:00 pm
(@boo-radley)

Chin up spud.... Hope to be in chat later ..

? Boo 

Posted : 7th February 2020 1:40 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi just been to chat room feeling a bit better just finding it difficult to wind down this weekend, thinking about work too much.  I'm showing initiative by thinking of ideas but staying up till 5am just isn't a good move even tho I couldn't get to sleep.  Think I need a journal by my bed to write down thoughts when ii need to so that I can then leave them till the morning.  I'll have a cup of tea then go to sleep tonight.  Rest my eyes and have a lay in tomo do some housework, gym etc then be fresh for work Monday.

Posted : 8th February 2020 10:11 pm
Page 4 / 19

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close