18 Users
1 Likes
30.1 K Views
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Respect to you Adam for the post marking "Mental Health Awareness Day."

Beautifully written and very poignant.

Wishing you peace, fun and happiness as you continue on your journey.

Aum   ?

Posted : 11th October 2020 9:38 pm
 Loux
(@loux)

Thanks adam,

Hope your well xx 

Posted : 12th October 2020 2:01 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi Stacy, Lou and am,

Thankyou for dropping by, I genuinely love it when I see a post from someone on my diary, this may be sad but I do lol.  All my love Adam xx

Posted : 12th October 2020 7:20 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Had voices at work today, got thru it, hoping to get some good sleep tonight.

Posted : 15th October 2020 9:01 pm
Sanpabs
(@sanpablo)

Hope you had a good rest Adam and today’s a better day.

Posted : 16th October 2020 7:17 am
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hi Adam,

Just wanted to check in with you; make sure you're okay. 

If there is anything you need please do get in touch. You're always so supportive of everyone on the forums; if there is anything we can do to support you now, please do let us know. 

Take care, wishing you all the very best,

Helen

Forum Admin

Posted : 16th October 2020 11:21 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

hi helen, thanks a lot , im fine thanks, but thank you for the support xxx

had voices thursday, took my medication and slept well, then worked friday which went well very quickly then went to the pub to meet some friends, lots of new rules and ways to just buy a drink but that's the world as it is today.  now these new rules have to be in place so thats the way it is but i think it will take a while to get used to mainly because my phone doesnt have much data so doesnt work for their apps when i need it to.  Well data one more thing i need to sort.

Posted : 17th October 2020 9:35 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hello diary,

Another week has gone by since i posted.  Been a quick week but a successful one.

Got a letter thru yesterday from the nhs and it looks like ill have my shoulder operation in mid november either 10th 18th or 24th, got the pre assesment telephone next friday morning, then visit the hosptial for half an hour the following Monday also for pre assessment.  Then hopefully a successful op and i can concentrate on getting better again.  It means I will have some time off work over Christmas, hopefully ill get sick pay but we will see.

Getting some work done on my flat soon, hopefully get all new fences for the garden, will probably cost quite a bit but needs to be done and will make the garden look nicer.

Posted : 24th October 2020 4:53 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Posted by: slowlearner

Hi adam123,

Just want to say good luck on your 2020 journey, if anyone deserves a comfortable ride you do. You're compassionate, caring & someone whom despite you're own struggles can always find time for others. I'm 64 and thought i'd seen it all but i learn something from you every time you post. You're a breath of fresh air mate.

Best Wishes

AL

Hi diary, just wanted to point out Al that this post u sent me in november 2019 stopped me from going to the bookies that sunday and made me start the gamble free journey that i am now on!!!!!!!  All it takes is a positive post from someone on your diary at the right time and the effects are huge.  I am now almost 11 months gamble free and looking forward to toasting on new years to a year that for most has been terrible 2020 with the virus going around, but for me 2020 has been the most successful year ive had.  I've not drunk or smoked and have worked on my weight (ongoing) and have saved the more money than i ever have before.  I think like last year ill set objectives for 2021 early.......  Ill confirm all my objectives on new years eve whilst having a night in infront of the tv watching jools holland and speaking to friends in chat although my first thoughts on objectives are:

No Smoking, Drinking, Drugs or Gambling all my previous vices are a no go, ill take it one day at a time and objectives wise one year at a time.

Work on having a trim, healthy body by end end of 2021, by eating less snacks and working on my shoulder after the operation in the gym and swimming pool.

Work on being stress free thru use of the health suite (once covid is gone) and staying out of stress at work (keeping to the best number of hours at work and building up my poition and the need they have for me).

Using my money wisely by buying friends and family food, drinks and presents, i can treat people well and make good use of my money.

That's it for 2021, i think if i manage all these objectives i will have made my year and those around me successful and enjoyable.......  All the best Adam123  

Posted : 25th October 2020 8:35 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

hi diary, been a while so thought I'd pop on.  Got my pre assessment up the road at my local hospital tomo.  Then work.  Then last day at work Friday.  Then covid test Saturday morning.  Then in isolation till my operation on Tuesday.  Hasn't really sunk in that I'm going to be off work for six weeks.  I'm going to work really hard at getting my shoulder back to the way it was and ready for work in January again!!! Really looking forward to swimming again, think I'll join a gym again once my recovery is over and work on my 2021 objective of getting trim and healthier.  Really been glad for all I've achieved this year I've really made great strives towards the lifestyle I want and need.  All the best adam

Posted : 4th November 2020 6:24 pm
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

Hi adam,

You'll get through this difficult time trust me. Why am i so sure you may well ask. Well because you've shown such strength of character in your recovery, despite the knocks & the set backs you've picked yourself up, dusted yourself down & climbed back into the ring. Many would have given up whereas you got through it all and that's the reason we'll all be celebrating your gamble free year pretty soon.

Best Wishes

AL

Posted : 4th November 2020 6:54 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Thank you very much for the post al, it gives me confidence that I can do this.

Tomo is my operation and at the moment I'm not nervous, I don't know why, maybe I'll get nervous tomo hoping not, just looking forward to it being over so I can focus on working physically on my shoulder to get it back to full health.

I shall wake up as soon to the operation as possible as I can't eat breakfast or lunch then will go to hospital and hopefully it will get done as early and as efficiently as possible.

All the best c u all on the other side terminator shoulder in place.

Posted : 9th November 2020 3:44 pm
slowlearner
(@slowlearner)

Hi Fella,

I'll be as nervous as you tomorrow. Please ( when your physically able ) let me know how you are.

AL

Posted : 9th November 2020 4:56 pm
 Loux
(@loux)

Hope all goes well tomorrow

Take it easy x 

Posted : 9th November 2020 5:08 pm
(@vinnie)

Hope all gos well adam thinking of you ?

Posted : 9th November 2020 6:05 pm
Page 16 / 19

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close