Support us

2020 WAYS TO A SUCCESSFUL YEAR  

Page 16 / 16

adam123
(@adam123)

I'm in a positive mood tonight because ive realised something quite special, i've gone on from the person on the chat room thats starting out struggling to find a way to stop, to someone that is succeeding at being gambling free and giving advice to those who is struggling.....

Im succeeding at living a healthy life and am helpnig society thru work as much as i can.

I believe i will continue to do this and i will not go back to the evil depths that i was once in on a daily basis.  I mean i wasnt doing anything illegal and everything i was doing was socially acceptable but it wasnt doing me any favours and if i carried on i would have no doubt knocked some years off my life.

I created a thread on here three years ago about a thing called the secret where i aimed to achieve some goals like keeping my job and learning asmuch as i can about my job, stopping smoking, drinking less and stopping gambling also some tangible objects like dvd shelves and sound bar i wanted and some holidays abroad.  Now i pictured myself with them and looked forward to them and with patience and determination i have succeeded at all of these objectives.  I feel this is great and shows how far ive come.  Lets all do this secret.

All the best adam

ReplyQuote
Posted : 3rd October 2020 8:53 pm
Scottydogg
(@scottydogg)

Well done adam you are a inspiration have a great weekend                                      
   Scotty🍌🍌

ReplyQuote
Posted : 3rd October 2020 11:55 pm
adam123
(@adam123)

A week on and today is mental health awareness day, quite suiting to post today with me mental issues.  I have been succeeding in my battles and although recently have found myself down in parts and having an episode in august I have got thru it and believe I am stronger as a result.... Here's to Lou and Stacy battling their issues day in day out and coming thru stronger.  Our struggles sometimes make the chat room a darker place but its reality, gambling isn't all flowers, life isn't all smiles, we have our dark moments in chat but it real and who would want a fake chatroom anyway.... We are representative of the real people who get taken apart by gambling and struggle to live happy lives as a result.  Let's not lose sight of this.  We have this platform to share our struggles and come together to get on an individuals recovery to a greater richer life that doesn't involve soo much destruction.  This addiction takes a lot but we don't give in and that's all it takes to eventually win the battle overall.  I believe I can succeed against my issues.  Namely by being stubburn and patient I will have a joyful life that I can be proud I've lived, I'm not rambling because I'm drunk but just because I'm happy to be here in this place that gamcare create for us to recover.  It may take us months, it may take us years but gamcare is that continual source of help.....ALL THE BEST ON ANNUAL MENTAL HEALTH AWARENESS DAY from Adam xxx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11th October 2020 12:51 am
Stace🌹
(@stace)

Lovely words Adam, and thankyou for writing on my diaries..your so strong and although I don't know you personally, I am proud of you. Keep fighting 💪 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11th October 2020 9:45 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Respect to you Adam for the post marking "Mental Health Awareness Day."

Beautifully written and very poignant.

Wishing you peace, fun and happiness as you continue on your journey.

Aum   🦆

ReplyQuote
Posted : 11th October 2020 9:38 pm
Loulou
(@loulou)

Thanks adam,

Hope your well xx 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12th October 2020 2:01 pm
adam123
(@adam123)

Hi Stacy, Lou and am,

Thankyou for dropping by, I genuinely love it when I see a post from someone on my diary, this may be sad but I do lol.  All my love Adam xx

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12th October 2020 7:20 pm
Stace🌹
(@stace)

It's not sad at all Adam , we all care and it's good to see you doing well in recovery 🙂 keep going strong 💪 your doing fab 

Stace 🌹 x

ReplyQuote
Posted : 12th October 2020 11:38 pm
adam123
(@adam123)

Had voices at work today, got thru it, hoping to get some good sleep tonight.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 15th October 2020 9:01 pm
sanpablo
(@sanpablo)

Hope you had a good rest Adam and today’s a better day.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16th October 2020 7:17 am
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hi Adam,

Just wanted to check in with you; make sure you're okay. 

If there is anything you need please do get in touch. You're always so supportive of everyone on the forums; if there is anything we can do to support you now, please do let us know. 

Take care, wishing you all the very best,

Helen

Forum Admin

ReplyQuote
Posted : 16th October 2020 11:21 am
adam123
(@adam123)

hi helen, thanks a lot , im fine thanks, but thank you for the support xxx

had voices thursday, took my medication and slept well, then worked friday which went well very quickly then went to the pub to meet some friends, lots of new rules and ways to just buy a drink but that's the world as it is today.  now these new rules have to be in place so thats the way it is but i think it will take a while to get used to mainly because my phone doesnt have much data so doesnt work for their apps when i need it to.  Well data one more thing i need to sort.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 17th October 2020 9:35 pm
Page 16 / 16