2020 and beyond

65 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@matt692)
Topic starter

Today I have been in a bad place, no motivation- work annoying all day, couldn’t concentrate- mid afternoon my mind was saying go and back a couple of horses that will cheer you up! Sat and suffered and then did a job which passed the time! Home now no damage, probably hardest thoughts for a while!

stay strong

matt692

Posted : 25th February 2020 8:32 pm
(@matt692)
Topic starter

I have had a weekend of frustration with the weather raining and also suffering from sciatica so this is setting my mind off! I am depressed and thinking a bet will cheer me up / pass the time. Money has got a little better, but that also means that there is spare cash around! Been reading the new starters and updates the 2020 challenge, feeling a little low only 4 friends signed in this week would be good to get more! 
matt692

Posted : 2nd March 2020 10:51 pm
(@matt692)
Topic starter

Today was a strange day early start on train! Then back on set train - previous times I would have open ticket - afternoon in bookies near station! Home hours later! Today I was tempted, my mind is saying it’s ok! I am not responding but mind still sending messages! Onwards towards another gf day!

Posted : 4th March 2020 1:16 am
(@matt692)
Topic starter

Today is day 90 of me being a non gambler following my decisions and reading Allan Carr book.

i have done really well, I have relied on online blockages when looking around on websites. tomorrow is my favourite spring sporting event / apart from the Masters! I love the event and not from a disastrous betting viewpoint. If anything this week would be a early bet then watch in pub! Followed by FOBT abuse! This year I will enjoy the sporting event - my enjoyment of sport has been enhanced by single minded betting! Can be open minded as to decisions and not speak through my wallet, which is funny to listen to! (If it wasn’t so sad). 
I know that some people think I shouldn’t watch such events - however I feel more Mentally deprived when I stop watching things I want to watch, it’s an individual balance 

matt692

Posted : 9th March 2020 2:49 am
(@matt692)
Topic starter

Today 10/3 is three full months through the dark days of winter! 10/12 was my last bet (last year!!)

reading Allan Carr has definitely given my mind a rest, I don’t pine to have a bet, yes at times I think about it when driving here or there! My online blockages are a god send!

so school report all good and keep vigilant and all barriers keep in place. I don’t think like a gambler now, I watch sport as sport, I don’t have the mood swings! Much more level so this can challenge me as I did use gambling to escape boredom/daily monotony / loneliness caused by pushing friends away, this still can do better at!

here is to next few days enjoy the sport!

matt692

Posted : 10th March 2020 4:30 am
(@matt692)
Topic starter

Half way through Cheltenham- today not even watched any of it and only looked at results now! It would have been life or death! Instead outside in wind!

having a pint watching sport and reading new posts on here, here’s to another gf week!

matt692

Posted : 12th March 2020 11:00 pm
(@matt692)
Topic starter

Day 95 on the gf state of mind and looking forward in a balanced mindset that is not going like a yo yo. My mind is settled although at times “mundane” is felt, the thought  of the need for a high! Gym attendance does give that high, although some pain is stopping this being the norm! Hopefully coming into summer outside activities will take over! 
all is better even if in the mind some negativity can be felt

as a non gambler this is what normal life is like!

matt692

Posted : 14th March 2020 4:01 am
(@matt692)
Topic starter

Hi all

one week into staying at home! My thoughts have been clear, which are work hard keep busy and do some exercise each day, so days have flown by and gambling not on the agenda! I am praising gamblock as this is a great barrier to help me not to think about gambling.

hope others are finding this self isolation a benefit to provide gambling respite 

matt692

Posted : 28th March 2020 4:34 am
(@matt692)
Topic starter

31/3/2020

today and self isolation is beginning to get to me, I have been restless feeling tired, lazy and uninterested in work, managed to go for a walk but today spent most of evening eating! Not good 

heyho! Tomorrow is 1/4/2020 and should be on holiday however all plans scuppered so work it is, hopefully this is the reason I’m depressed.

matt692

Posted : 31st March 2020 11:18 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hello @matt692,

Sorry to hear you're struggling with isolating, strange and difficult times all round. There are some excellent sources online with advice about how to cope with the current situation. Here are just a few to get you started:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51873799
www.hectorshouse.org.uk/2020/03/14/self-isolation-and-mental-health 
www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing
www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/support-and-information/if-youre-having-difficult-time/if-youre-worried-about-your-mental-health-during-coronavirus-outbreak
www.verywellmind.com/managing-coronavirus-anxiety-4798909

It's normal to be affected by something like this, but I hope these can help you find a little more peace.

Kind regards,

Elizabeth
Forum Admin

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by Forum admin

Posted : 1st April 2020 5:47 am
(@matt692)
Topic starter

Thanks - been struggling today and thinking about escaping and thankful that gamblock in place.

i will use the links and try and get a plan for tomorrow- feel like early night but then can’t sleep!

take care 

matt692 

Posted : 1st April 2020 7:45 pm
(@matt692)
Topic starter

Hi all

today I felt the lockdown a little, yesterday went for some exercise and I overdid this and my sciatica is flaired up today and feeling stiff, so not feeling it today! Watching TV and not doing much so looking at phone and reading forum, good job for gamblock as this relieves further stress and pressures!

matt692

Posted : 8th April 2020 6:19 pm
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Hey,

You're doing very well! Keep the clear head, peaceful heart and soul intact.We all will get through this difficult time.For now we need to aknowledge every little mercy out there...eg. no gambling incidents...That is really positive.Stay safe, committed and be kind to you

S.......xx

Posted : 9th April 2020 3:29 pm
(@matt692)
Topic starter

10/12/2019 - today is my 4 month anniversary and it something I need to celebrate; honestly my life is completely different- money worries completely different, I still owe stacks but my plan is easy to follow pay monthly and get on with life. Not every day on a rollercoaster!! I don’t think about betting during day or have to have the sport on, my only think is when I am alone on a evening and “online” gambling pops into head! Thanks to gamblock this can’t happen!! But I need to keep in place! Does anyone know how this is extended? Does it happen automatically? 
all is good.

a new mortgage taken out half interest rate as over last 4 month cr rating improved to allow remortgage so again massive positive 

4 months and counting

matt692

Posted : 10th April 2020 12:20 am
(@matt692)
Topic starter

Thanks S

all good really - a few ups and downs but far more stable! It feels as if I have come out of tunnel!

gamblock is a saviour!

hope you are doing well

m x

Posted : 10th April 2020 12:22 am
Page 4 / 5

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close