Support us

December Challenge - Preparing for 2020  

Unknown L
(@unknown-l)

Hello Everyone - A brief introduction of myself. I'm a compulsive gambler, and have been for a few years now. I'm young, and looking to get rid of this addiction so I can clear my debt and start creating a better life for myself. I'm going to start a new recovery diary in 2020, hopefully 1 month gamble free. 

I'm doing this challenge, in the run up to the new year. In which everyday, I will come back here and tell everyone how I coped throughout the day. Tips to stay away from gambling, and more.

Just so everyone knows, I have all the blocks you can think of, in place. But us compulsive gamblers can unfortunately always find a way to gamble. So today is the 25th. I'll be back in 6 days on the 1st of December! Hope to see you all then, and hopefully everyone can join in and be 1 month gamble free at the start of 2020. A much needed fresh start.

Posted : 25th November 2019 10:41 pm
DadUk
(@daduk)

TIP Also you might want to update your public profile when you have stop date and you can see how many days you have done this can help a little. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25th November 2019 10:45 pm
D122010
(@d122010)

Your making a wise move.

Now everyone needs to make there own mind up and I had plenty of people on this site tell me to stop now, it's not worth going back etc and ultimately I didn't listen, I thought I could control it. 

I first had a profile on here in 2010 with if I remember rightly 1500 in debt and I was 24. Oh how I wish I could have stayed stopped then. I'm now 33 and have 6500 of debt and I won't say the last 9 years have been all horrible but they certainly could have been better and I have had some seriously dark times because of gambling.

What I'm trying to get at as I randomly type away is that when you go back to gambling it always gets worse, the amount of times I thought I hit rock bottom and I would always find there was another level to the pain gambling can course. I'm not one on here that is against gambling but I just know it is not for me and can cause destruction in me. 

I hope you do have the strength to stop now and enjoy your life trust me it isn't worth going back to gambling.

Good luck to you, I hope you complete this challenge. I may come along from the ride but I am fairly inactive now a days but maybe I'll come back on, it's a decent place to be! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26th November 2019 9:42 am
Unknown L
(@unknown-l)

I've forgotten to post yesterday! Didn't realise December came around so fast. Thanks for the comments. I hope everyone is trying to tackle this addiction. As mentioned before, you need to make the decision now. Don't gamble for the rest of December, and go into 2020 with a month gamble free tucked away. Put your blocks in place now, set your self exclusion. Hand over control of your money. Stop being scared to make a change. For your own good. I'm going to post daily now. Good luck all.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 2nd December 2019 7:24 pm
Unknown L
(@unknown-l)

Today has been tough. I really wanted to gamble today. I need to sticky to my plans. Concentrate on good things I want to do with my life. Set out some goals. Tomorrow I am going to the gym to keep myself busy after work. I'm also going to try and keep my spending throughout the next month to a minimum, if possible, as it is December, detestably the most expensive month of the year. See you all tomorrow. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : 2nd December 2019 10:09 pm