Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

well done! keep going

Forum Admin

Posted : 2nd September 2019 11:26 pm
needtostopnow
(@needtostopnow)

Today is day 1 for me, done the challenge before but went back to gambling, hopefully this will be my last day 1.

Posted : 7th September 2019 4:36 pm
onlyme
(@onlyme)

Checking in for the week gf

Posted : 7th September 2019 5:09 pm
Walliss77
(@walliss77)

Checking in. 

Posted : 7th September 2019 7:37 pm
(@matt692)

Happily checking in! ??? best post of week!

Posted : 8th September 2019 8:15 am
(@einstein)

This is my day one of recovery

This post was modified 5 years ago by Einstein

Posted : 8th September 2019 8:26 am
jonlostmydoe
(@jonlostmydoe)

Checking in for the week.

Posted : 8th September 2019 8:37 am
bdog
 bdog
(@bdog)

Checking in. Over 250 days GF.

Finding myself not visiting here as much as it’s not on my mind.  Not getting complacent, but no urges or thoughts. V busy with work, family and life. Gotta be a good thing?

Posted : 8th September 2019 11:04 am
dswright1
(@dswright1)

Checking in gf. 925 days

Posted : 8th September 2019 6:59 pm
(@successstory13)

Posted by: bdog

Checking in. Over 250 days GF.

Finding myself not visiting here as much as it’s not on my mind.  Not getting complacent, but no urges or thoughts. V busy with work, family and life. Gotta be a good thing?

What more can you ask for? Great position to be in, well done

day 22 for me, not even an urge yet.

Posted : 8th September 2019 7:13 pm
(@adam123)

i lasted 292 days from august to end of may then went back to my old ways.  Thankfully it was small stakes however last saturday i went and placed a bet in a bookie im excluded from and played on a fruit machine, with this in mind i feel i have gone back to my old ways and need to take all possible steps to avoid going back to the dark days of gambling and the soul destroying feeling after a large loss.   With this in mind my last gamble was on tuesday 3rd sept 2019....................lets go again adam123 day 5

Posted : 8th September 2019 7:18 pm
Raj
 Raj
(@raj)

Hi Guys.. checking in. Now over 2 years gambling free. It’s gone really fast as keeping busy. Stay GF guys...

Posted : 8th September 2019 9:21 pm
(@edinstead)

My first post here. Online slots are my weakness and I just blew another ** that I don't have last night until 4am, to add to losses last month and the month before and a few months ago etc. It is a cycle, feeling self-loathing and self-pity for a couple of days, borrowing more money to cover the losses, spending a few weeks rebuilding my life (but never managing to rebuild my finances) and repeating it all again. This normally makes me feel even worse each time as I try to deal with the extra debt that I have built up and increase the levels of self-loathing and self-pity due to my inability to end the cycle. If it was ** each time then it would be recoverable but I always make sure that I lose far more than I can afford, with me seemingly being very vulnerable as soon as I feel like I have made progress in my life and have the nerve to feel even the first signs of strength and positivity.
Having spent all day thinking even harder than normal about all of this, including reading lots of posts on here, subscribing to Gamstop (it will take a few days as it didn't work online and I had to do it manually which is frustrating) and coming up with a plan (rather than just falling into the self-loathing/self-pity trap), I am determined to make this the last cycle of the year and, hopefully, for a lot lot longer than that. Time will tell but I seem to have recovered much faster than I normally do (it normally takes a good 48 hours whereas I feel reasonably strong after just 20 hours) although I realise just how fragile this recovery can be so I thought that posting on the 2019 challenge thread will help me to remain accountable to myself and, hopefully, to gain the support of others whilst offering whatever support that I can to others, even if it is just to share the pain.

This post was modified 5 years ago by Forum admin

Posted : 8th September 2019 9:32 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Dear @edinstead

Congratulations on your first post on the Forum.

The Forum can be a very supportive place and i hope that you do find the support you need here. 

It sounds as though you have already started you recovery journey, which is really positive and i would like to congratulate you on this also. 

We can offer advice, strategies and treatment services to support you, please call our Helpline 0808 8020 133 or the Netline and you can talk through these one-to-one with an adviser.

All the best, 

Forum Admin

This post was modified 5 years ago by Forum admin

Posted : 8th September 2019 10:24 pm
KS2
 KS2
(@ks2)
Topic starter

Well done everyone checking in this week.

Welcome back Adam123 - good to see you back on this thread.

A big welcome to 3 new posters, needtostopnow, Einstein, Edinstead   - just do it one day at a time I'd love to see you all still on here this time next year.

walliss77 - 3553

onlyme - 1275

Samson - 1086

dswright1 - 917

Raj - 743

Johnlostmydo - 414

K2 - 377

bdog - 253

Matt692 - 61

SuccessStory13 - 25

needtostopnow - 7

Adam123 - 5

Einstein - 1

Edinstead - 1

Posted : 9th September 2019 9:15 am
Page 51 / 61

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close