216 Days

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
DAL83
(@dal83)
Topic starter

216 Days free of gambling 

has it been easy .... absolutely not! 16 years of mess isn’t easy to sweep under the carpet but for once I feel like I’m getting somewhere ...slowly! The thought of losing everything has really driven me to keep going , it’s been sleepless nights of worry , reading books and counselling and self help podcasts and blocking software but I couldn’t have done it without GamCare 

all the best guys it can be done one day at a time 

Posted : 17th June 2019 12:35 am
(@tony1965)

It's 4.30 in the morning I've just logged on as I can't sleep.read your post and it's given me a boost to sought my life out thanks Tony 

Posted : 17th June 2019 4:38 am
holycrosser
(@holycrosser)

Well done.great achievement 

Posted : 17th June 2019 4:52 am
KS2
 KS2
(@ks2)

Superb achievement DAL83

Posted : 17th June 2019 9:00 am
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

Hi

When we heal our hurt inner child we come our of our self in so mamny ways.

We understand that living in fear is not healthy.

In time I would identify that gambling was a way of me escaping how I felt people life and situtions.

By attending meets I would relate to other people experences both healthy and unhealthy. 

I use to say that I wanted to be normal, yet over time I would understand that the refence normal is not very healthy.

I am a non religious and understand that any one can heal if they put lots of time and effort in to their reecovery.

My addictions and my obsessions indicated that I was emotionally vulnerable.

Over time I would heal my hurt inner child.

Over time I would no longer want to escape my feeelings and my emotions people life and situations.

I am more stable than ever before.

Who I am  in the meetings today is the same peron who faces all situations in my life today.

I no longer want to go against my own conscience and against spirtual values.

I no longer want people to fear or mistrust me any more.

Love and peace to evey one.

Dave L

AKA Dave of Beckenham

Posted : 17th June 2019 6:00 pm
bdog
 bdog
(@bdog)

Great stuff Dal.  Inspiring to all of us who are behind you in days.  Some people say counting days isn't a good thing, but for me it is.  I love a challenge!

Never let us catch up 😉

Posted : 17th June 2019 6:39 pm
DAL83
(@dal83)
Topic starter

Thanks guys !! Just hit the 250 day mark ! Thoughts sometimes go through my head but the power I feel I have to overcome these thoughts is now greater than than the problem itself ... well that’s how I like to think of it , I’m praying that I can keep this going and doing everything I can to stay focused and on track , Good luck to everyone and don’t ever think you are completely free from this evil habit it’s always just around the corner ready to dig its claws in ... but only if you let it , believe me I’ve let it happen countless times but now I have some belief that I can overcome it 

Posted : 21st July 2019 12:30 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close