191 days then blew it

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@pbuxton1982)
Topic starter

Hi

I was so happy with myself i had gone 191 days and then i woke up yesterday and i didnt think , i blew £500 yesterday of my hard earnt money , i cant believe i did , you know what as well i hated it , i didnt enjoy it but tried chasing my money, hence a £500 loss, i noticed my mood was bad and i was looking at my phone constantly and watching sports that i don't enjoy. Well back to day one for me and back to scrimping for a few months 🙁

Posted : 8th August 2021 9:05 am
c43h
 c43h
(@c43h)

Newest from silicone valley is dopamine retreats you can try that if you think it helps.

It is the the triggers that gets us going the anticipation of reward or so called Incentive salience (look it up). Our wanting seems to get the better of us. That with a combination of subconsious conditioning that we get from constant media bombardment gives us a dissadvantage that most other addictions do not have. Its allways in your face.

Stand up brush of your dust and walk on. It is painfull but you will deal with it.

Best

C

This post was modified 3 years ago by c43h

Posted : 8th August 2021 9:50 am
(@maxmaher)

Can be hard to pick yourself up after relapse , best advice i can offer is to make yourself as busy as humaily possible 

After relapse the urge to chase the loss and "repair the damage" are at their highest this will fade in around 30 days so aim for that target 

Posted : 9th August 2021 9:42 am
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hi pbuxton1982

Well done for posting, These things happen on the road to recovery , relapses and blips , the important thing is that you are acknowledging it and reaching out for support.

191 Days is fantastic and a great achievement. You know that you can do this , so take it one day at a time and just focus on not gambling for that day. 

Please feel free to contact the GamCare Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or Netline to explore the additional support available to you. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if you would like to talk to one of the GamCare HelpLine advisers.

There's hope and you can do this.

Kirk 

Forum Admin

Posted : 9th August 2021 10:13 am
(@rudge89)

It will be difficult intially, but do not look at it as a failure, more of a bump in the road and use it as a learning curve...

What did I do differently that morning?

What could I have done instead?

Why did I feel differently that day, had something happened?

Ask yourself questions like this, to try and dig a little deeper, it may help highlight things that have been overlooked so you can look out for them in the future. 

Stay strong ?

Posted : 11th August 2021 9:07 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close