Services For Employers
Worksafe is a collaboration between BKM Evolve and GamCare, focusing on the prevention and reduction of gambling-related harms through a workplace wellbeing programme.
From reduced productivity through to fraud, the impact of gambling related harm in the workplace can be significant.
There are at least 400,000 people currently experiencing serious gambling related harm in the UK, with a further 2 million at risk1. Given the popularity of gambling in the UK and the rate of harm, most employers will have at least one colleague affected by their own or someone else’s gambling.
Often described as a hidden addiction, harmful gambling may go unnoticed for years.
Harmful gambling can damage relationships, finances, and physical and mental health. At work, productivity, ambition, and engagement may be affected, as well as adherence to safety protocols and vulnerability to criminal activity.
Worksafe training will increase employers’ awareness of the potential risks and
harms associated with gambling. We offer the advice and tools you need to protect your business and support the mental, physical, and financial wellbeing of your people.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is this programme for?
- Organisations of all sizes across multiple sectors, both private and public.
- Business support organisations such as Employee Assistance Providers.
What services do you offer?
- Face-to-face and virtual gambling harms awareness sessions for line managers, mental health champions, and those working in HR / People teams.
- Consultancy services, including policy development.
- Downloadable information about gambling addiction, workplace triggers and safe gambling messages for your staff.
How much does it cost?
- Most of our tools are available to download free of charge.
- Workshops and consultancy costs are based on individual requirements; please get in touch for an accurate quote.
Worksafe is delivered by BKM Evolve in partnership with GamCare.
- figures via Public Health England, 2021