thank you gamcare

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hi fellow gamcare friends and gamcare employees. I'd like to personally thank everyone for standing by me and giving me advise through what must of seemed like on the outside to be a lost corse. I came here in 2015 with a serious online poker addiction and was not willing to take on board all of the advise given. It infact took me two years and probably no less than 100 relapses with advice from many on here each time. However I stuck with it and my gamcare buddies stuck with me. Ifinally got all blocks in place through the two years and where I couldn't put a block in place I made a life change. Ive now not gambled for 115 days and with the one day at a time approach I'm looking no further than today. Ive had harsh advice on many occasions, ive had life changing advice on many occasions and many a laugh. Ive visited the gamcare website pretty much everyday since I joined and believe it has been a huge part of why ive slowly cut gambling out of my life and why I'm still here today. The triangle approach and blocking every part of gambling along with getting someone to help with ur finances really helps. I have given my parents my wages for two years now and it really helps

ii​

Posted : 18th April 2018 6:58 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Dear adam123,

Thanks for your encouraging post to forum users and for writing of how the GamCare website, it's advice and that of it's forum users have been a valuable support to you over the years. Well done on your 115 days and we encourage you to continue to access support as and when you need it.

All the best,

Forum Admin

Posted : 18th April 2018 8:42 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close