I will make 396

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
ohmylife
(@ohmylife)
Topic starter

Today I m 395 GF but about two hours ago I had an urge to just put some money on an online slot and just give in.... but I didn't.

I came on here I have spent the last couple of hours reading people's posts and success stories and I now know I will make it to 396 then 397.

Thank you all for once again being there at my low points xx

Posted : 20th August 2019 10:03 pm
KS2
 KS2
(@ks2)

Great to see you got past that urge.... speaking to older heads, I don't think it ever goes away. That isn't great, but you just have to accept it.

Make sure you still have all your blocks in place. Gamstop, self exclusions and Gamban (or similar).

If any have lapsed, maybe a good time to renew.

Mine are set at 5 years, but without looking too far ahead, when I get to one year I am going to celebrate by asking GAMSTOP to reset to 5 years again.

If your bank allows you to block gambling transactions (some have only started this in last year) maybe do that.

If you have a credit card, do you really need it ? If you do, do you need the full credit limit or could you ask for it to be reduced ?

None of the above are perfect but they help at times, and just be considering them it makes you reflect on why you stopped.

Well done on 395 days - terrific achievement

Posted : 21st August 2019 8:11 am
(@canterbury100)

You're in a place many degenerates like myself on here dream about. I'll tell you what you're missing apart from the brief buzz. Depression, self-loathing, feeling foolish, anger, resentment and suicidal thoughts. Now do you believe me it's not worth it? Well done!

Stuart

Posted : 21st August 2019 1:40 pm
(@anastacia)

I only hope my husband can say this one day. At present he doesn't even admit what he is doing is gambling. This has led to my decision to move on without him after more than 25 years together.

So very well done to you! Keep at it.

Posted : 21st August 2019 4:32 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close