I'll be back in a year

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
Ukds69
(@ukds69)
Topic starter

I am 18 days gf and determined and I feel confident I can do it. Something has changed and it feels good.

This doesn’t warrant a post as a success story, so this will be my last post in here until 25th April 2019. I am going to bookmark this thread and make a note to post then when I have made it to one year of gf life!

Screw gambling, I don’t need it and I don’t want it

Posted : 13th May 2018 10:02 am
(@Anonymous)

good attitude I think the success stories thread should be pinned up higher than the problem gambling one.

Posted : 15th May 2018 11:18 am
(@Anonymous)

All the best and good luck!

Posted : 22nd May 2018 9:48 pm
Bamb84
(@bamb84)

Hi ukds thank you for posting on my wall and not for putting down . After my c**k up today i phoned gamestop and got myself excluded for 5 years no more gambling for good thats it . I do feel better knowing i cannot gamble now even if i wanted to . Good luck to you to Bambi x

Posted : 29th May 2018 11:13 pm
(@Anonymous)

A big wll done to you and all the other people in the same situation.

Posted : 31st May 2018 10:25 pm
Ukds69
(@ukds69)
Topic starter

I’m not sure what is more shocking. How fast a year goes nowadays or the fact I’ve only been and blooming well done it!

Today marks the one year point at which I have been completely gamble free.

Mindful that milestones themselves can be a trigger, barriers and blocks remain super strong.

Anybody reading this in the depths of despair and fighting that feeling of hopelessness after relapsing for the umpteenth time,  I bring forth good news. You CAN beat the addiction. You CAN rewire your brain. You have to genuinely want to stop and more importantly, want to stop forever but it absolutely CAN be done. If I can do it, anyone can.

Life really is soooo much better without that in my life. 

Posted : 25th April 2019 12:41 am
(@Anonymous)

Many congratulations an inspiration to all 🙂

Posted : 25th April 2019 6:20 am
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Well done Ukds69; a fantastic achievement!

With best wishes,

Helen

Forum Admin

Posted : 25th April 2019 9:20 pm
holycrosser
(@holycrosser)

Well done pal.yes this is for life and always remember that.make year 2 the next target.

Again good news

Posted : 30th April 2019 5:52 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close