Getting there 111days

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Redcan
(@redcan)
Topic starter

Hello everyone. It's a couple of months since I visited this site. Just popping by to say hello and catch up with a few of you . I remember messaging someone who was 80 days gambling free ,I had only just started to stop and I was so encouraged by what he had said and how he managed to get to 88 days . Well I'm now 111 days . Extraordinary hard. I have massive urges as you'll to this day however they are getting less. You can do it . Believe me if I can you can. I lost at a guesstimate £60k , my house , my car, my friends and self-esteem. I am slowly rebuilding. Make sure you use Gamcare to its fullest. Use the referral scheme. Speak to them. Be honest with your nearest family. It helps. Love and peace. You can do it . 

Posted : 16th January 2021 2:27 am
Chris100
(@chris100)

Keep going I’m only on day 12 I have made it to 120 days before and I messed up made mistakes that I hope I’ve learnt from good luck on your journey you got this 

Posted : 16th January 2021 8:55 am
MD
 MD
(@x-m)

Amazing stuff and so good to read. I've probably lost about £50k and I've only worked minimum wage jobsI am only on my ninth day and I'm going crazy.

Posted : 16th January 2021 1:36 pm
Redcan
(@redcan)
Topic starter

Hi there.  I'm pleased my post was read by someone like yourself.  Have you called the help number ? It really helped me. Believe me I didn't want to speak to them at all. When I did I broke down in tears.  They referred me to a local addiction service. They were great. Make sure, if you haven't already use the GAMSTOP self exclusion service including any anybody else's card details and names. When I did this it really hurt me. For days and days I was hurting, like I had lost a close friend. I used to gamble online roulette for up to 12 hours at a time and also in betting shops... You will feel P****d off, It has caused anxiety and depression for me a d cost me my job.  Slowly I am rebuilding mate. You are on a great site here. Lots of similar stories and issues.. hang in there. Believe In yourself, talk to people. Don't hide it away.  You will have many dark days but they get easier. I still want to gamble and I'm still trying to find value in money again . Be kind to yourself. Treat yourself to something nice with money the money you have saved form not gambling.  Forgot the money you have lost. ... Take care . I will follow your progress... There is more to life than this horrible addiction. ???✅

Posted : 16th January 2021 8:28 pm
MD
 MD
(@x-m)

I'm really struggling. I'm in the place where I've forgotten about the money I've lost and know I can't change that. Currently back living with my mum and I'm just struggling because I know how good life could have been in general if I hadn't had gambled. 

Posted : 16th January 2021 8:46 pm
Redcan
(@redcan)
Topic starter

Completely understand what's happening . I had a mortgage on a house , couldn't pay that and in lots of debts. I'm currently in a shared house. How old are you ? I'm 50. I am coming out the other side now . Forget past spending about what you could have had. That's gone now. Think about what you can have moving forward.  Hang in there m call the help line . Trust me it's good to talk . Feel free to message me . 

Posted : 17th January 2021 4:34 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close