538 days clean

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Lindsay25
(@lindsay25)
Topic starter

As the topic title says I'm 538 days gamble free and counting. In that time I've Gona from depressed with suicidal thoughts and being angry at everything and everyone to realising a credit check to get a joint mortgage would blow everything I have up and lose it all. So I confessed to my parents who shouldn't have but did help me financially clear my credit card debt, tell my partner who didn't take it well since I'd promised to stop before we had our son 3yrs before. Got our house and moved a year ago to make the home we wanted, sadly as we all know covid struck my job closed down. Was worried about money but got a job a few months later and best thing I ever did. I don't work late anymore well passed 10pm instead of 1/2am. I'm paid way more than I ever have and for no responsibilities unlike being a manager in hospitality for years. I'm in a secure job, which eases anxiety for making sure my home and family are safe, I don't worry about money any more, we actually save money these days. I can't wait for lockdowns to be over and done with but for me the closure of hospitality was the best thing that ever happened, I got  out the job I hated away from ungrateful customers who don't care your there to make a living not be a servant to their pathetic egos. Sometimes a negative problem can become a positive solution. We all need a change in luck at some point and when you get it don't waste it. Make it count 

Posted : 20th March 2021 10:28 pm
Sam1987
(@sam1987)

Congrats on your impressive progress, i hope to get to your level at some point in the future. 

Sam

Posted : 21st March 2021 10:30 pm
Lindsay25
(@lindsay25)
Topic starter

I believe you can, I hope ppl don't think I was trying to boast at where I've got to, but show how things can change for you for the better. Just have to take that leap. So keep working hard to stay good and I'm sure you will get to where you deserve and want to be 

Posted : 22nd March 2021 10:51 am
(@charlieboy)

Hi lindsay, not at all boastful. Very inspirational for people on here, to fixate on the good that comes from stopping gambling, also it's useful if you tell people what has worked for you and what hasn't. I'm 292days today and when I first stopped and came to this forum posts where people gave positive stories gave me hope when I needed it most. You're doing great living a gamble free life keep striving to be the best person you can  

Posted : 22nd March 2021 12:34 pm
Patrick11
(@patrick11)

Congrats,

Not a fan of counting days but whatever works for you

Take care?

Posted : 24th March 2021 5:02 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close