394 days

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Poblwc
(@poblwc)
Topic starter

Well I cannot belief it . I have been gamble free over a year. I have nearly completed a college course which has kept me busy and even forgot my password for gamcare !!! I turned things round by telling my husband. I was very lucky and realised I had ONE chance and ONE chance only so i took it with open arms and never looked back. I go to the gym, do jigsaws, do my college work, go walking and now go out with my friends and enjoy my life. Those people who want to stop do it NOW. Life is too short do not waste it !!!

This topic was modified 2 years ago by Poblwc

Posted : 2nd March 2022 9:17 pm
(@gerard-g)

I haven't counted days but I can say on the few occasions where i have given in to temptation and placed a few small wagers I didnt go to excess and stopped when i won so i havent lost any money in the past year or so. So I am doing ok. I have controls in place so I cannot do much financial damage. Congratulations on your achievement. You are doing it just the right way! You are abstaining and filling your time with productive activities. Way to go. My goal now is to be like you and just quit forever.

Posted : 3rd March 2022 2:26 am
Poblwc
(@poblwc)
Topic starter

Thanks you will get there just keep believing in yourself 

Posted : 5th March 2022 8:10 pm
gadaveuk
(@gadaveuk)

Hi

You have dome some thing you thought was impossible well done.

Yes you belief it and even believe in your self.

Opening up to your husband that is very powerful.

It is very helpful to let your partner know when you are feeling vulnerable.

One Saturday my wife asked me how I was feeling.

I told her it is Saturday my gambling day and I was feeling very vulnerable.

No joking Shirley said get your jacket on we are going out, I asked where she said we will find out when we get there.

We saw a bowling alley went in and had a ball, fun laughter and taking the verbals.

Every Saturday after that we went bowling and after a while going gambling was the last thing I would think of.

The only thing my son hated seeing me get a strike.

I still get smug when I win at games.

No prizes though.

You going to the gym that is a very healthy choice.

You doing jigsaws, that is a very healthy choice and gets the brain cells working.

Your college work, that is a very healthy choice and get more choices later on.

That is a good investment in your self.

We go out walking every few days.

We have a gym  in our basement but Shirley uses it more than I do.

Getting  out with healthy friends and enjoy our lives intimately and have healthy interactions well done.

Life is too short why waste it away hurting our selves!!!

Dave

This post was modified 2 years ago by Forum admin

Posted : 5th March 2022 8:29 pm
(@debsy371)

Glad to hear your are doing so well still pob. I’m day 391 and I still remember talking to you over a year ago 

Posted : 6th March 2022 5:27 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close