365 days gamble free today!!!

10 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
Musttryharder
(@musttryharder)
Topic starter

Today marks my 1st year gamble free.
Im 37yo and had gambled regularly for all my adult life.
I have always been in really well paid jobs and been a hard worker, but i have always had debts (credit card/loans etc) and this was due to my gambling habits.
12 months ago after help from my parents i had 6 sessions of counselling, i found this helped me look into the reasons why i gambled and also what i wanted for my future.
1year on and i am due to move into my dream family home soon and i am looking forward to becoming a father for the second time.
I am still a hard worker and always put the hours in to ensure i earn as much as possible, however now when i get paid each month i put in a large amount of my pay (around40%) into a savings account, i also spend much more on my family and have found myself to be more caring to my family as i am not consumed by the habit and pre occupied chasing losses and worrying about debts.
I even have money left in my account at the end of every month and i cant tell you how good that feels.
I would have wasted over £10,000 in that period without doubt and looking at that now scares me that i would have done that.
This is acheivable if you want it and ask for help and give it your all.
Keep reading the forums, go to sessions or ga meetings, find out a winning formula and stick at it.
Good luck.

Posted : 10th November 2017 8:19 pm
(@Anonymous)

Congratulations on the last year and your courage and willpower and continued success

Posted : 11th November 2017 8:43 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hi Musttryharder,

Thanks for sharing your brilliant story with us. A big congrats for abstaining for 365 days; that’s a wonderful achievement! It took you a lot of efforts, but you got to end of the tunnel in the end, and for a change.

You must be proud of yourself. The turn around sounds great; no debts, lot of savings, spending more time with family, and a second child underway. This is what I call “a gamble free life style”.

Try and treat yourself and your family with some of the money you saved by not gambling. Hopefully, it will continue to get better.

Your words of encouragement to fellow forum members is also well appreciated. This shows that the strategies work if you make efforts to follow them.

Keep up the good work, and please keep posting!

Best wishes,

Beatrice

Posted : 11th November 2017 8:44 pm
(@Anonymous)

Congrats on the last year! We seem to have a similar stories and like you said, it's about finding that winning formula and sticking to it.

Posted : 12th November 2017 7:48 pm
(@Anonymous)

MTH

Congrats of the gfree year. You would have worked hard to achieve that and all respect to you. I really hope many others are reading your post that shows all the advantages of being gfree. And it shows that recovery can be achieved if you put your mind to it. Take care.

Posted : 13th November 2017 12:28 pm
Phil72
(@phil72)

Well done on reaching a year and thank you for the inspiring post above. Best wishes, Phil.

Posted : 13th November 2017 1:56 pm
Musttryharder
(@musttryharder)
Topic starter

Thank you for all the nice comments.
If there is anyone at the beginning of their journey in need of any advice, or if just want to let off some steam and tell me how your day was, i will be here awaiting your post.
Thanks again.

Posted : 13th November 2017 4:33 pm
(@Anonymous)

Wow congratulations on a year gamble free! Wonderful news.

This stuff is so inspiring!

Posted : 16th November 2017 7:41 pm
(@Anonymous)

Amazing effort well done mate

Posted : 30th November 2017 12:37 am
Little miss lost
(@little-miss-lost)

Great to hear how well you're doing. You should be well proud of yourself. Thanks for a very inspirational post. X

Posted : 9th December 2017 11:51 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close