100 days

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@debsy371)
Topic starter

100 days ago I reached my own rock bottom. I had begun secretly gambling again and had hidden it for a year. It reached the point where I was asking my fiancé for money and when he asked why I was short I would lie and say “nursery bills had gone up”. Instead of using my money for my children they were going without. It reached a head when I couldn’t afford to buy my son school shoes as I had gambled the money away. 

That is my biggest shame. My biggest confession. My gambling was ruining mine and my family’s lives. I was cold and hurtful to my fiancé and he didn’t understand why but because he loves me he just accepted this treatment. I hated myself for this but 100 days ago I made a vow that this would never happen again. 

I joined my first chat room and attended for 30 days without fail. I wrote in my journal for 30 days every day and I started the gam change course. 

it has changed EVERYTHING for me. I can’t stress that enough. For me I have felt so much happier and my family’s lives have improved too. Yes there have been moments where I have had urges. The way I have dealt with that was to come into the forums and in that moment read others posts. It snaps you out of that fleeting urge and resets you. It reminds you why you started this and why you don’t want to go back. 

I have made some wonderful virtual friends on here who have supported me throughout and I hope I have supported them when they needed it. 

Today is day 100 and I am proud.

Posted : 18th May 2021 4:22 pm
(@jess27)

Hi Debsy371,

That's brilliant! You have done so well.  All the very best for the future.  

J x

Posted : 18th May 2021 5:05 pm
(@adam123)

Wow debsy that fantastic, a wonderful story xxx

Posted : 18th May 2021 5:09 pm
(@misslineinthesand)

Hi Debsy, that’s such an inspiration & thank you for sharing. Well done ? I’ve seen a quote today that I thought seemed fitting for the forum:

“One day you will tell your story of how you've overcome what you're going through now, and it will become part of someone else's survival guide" Brene Brown.

Thank you again & take care

Miss Lineinthesand xxx

Posted : 18th May 2021 7:52 pm
 Loux
(@loux)

Well done debsy xxx

Posted : 18th May 2021 8:51 pm
(@charlieboy)

Really well done 100days one day at a time debsy......One day at a time ?

Posted : 18th May 2021 8:58 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hi @debsy371,

Congratulations on being 100 days gamble free! What an accomplishment. You have overcome a lot and I'm sure your story will inspire others on here.

Well done and wishing all the best.

Keep posting and sharing

Vanessa

Forum Admin

Posted : 20th May 2021 9:16 am
(@sm1997)

Yessssssss Debsy. Well done congratulations loved reading your story and getting to know you in chat. I hope to be writing in here in 50 days time for my 100 day milestone 

Posted : 20th May 2021 11:57 am

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close