Why do i do this to myself

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
lifeisamess
(@lifeisamess)
Topic starter

Im 28, Been gambling past 12-13 years. It's always been a problem. I'm not in much debt which is good, £1300 to credit union, I probably owe my mum close to 10 grand over the years, she just wants me to get better, she doesn't care about the money anymore.

I don't earn a good wage, few pence above minimum wage, I think that's been a big issue over the years as my friends and girlfriend earn nearly double what i earn, I try to keep up with them when it comes to night's out and holidays and I just cannot afford too and that's when betting becomes imprinted in my head.

Mentally I'm all over the place, everyone has noticed the changes gambling has done to me they just dont know it's been because of gambling other than my mother. I have lost all confidence, I'm quiet, i'm having issues pronouncing words that i had no issues saying my whole life, Over the past years I have self harmed, I hit myself, I punch walls, smash stuff, just few hours ago I punched myself in the face probably 10 times in rage of a last minute goal. I have only started doing that the past 6 months, before that i would hit my legs or dig my nails into my chest so that people couldn't see marks now it's like I don't even care anymore, I hate myself so much. I snapped last month at breakfast, I put my fist through the plate as I couldn't take it anymore, I wake up most mornings hating life, stressed over money, saying into myself, just let me die, I don't mean it but, I have so much to live for if I could just get gambling under control. ill never try and take my own life, I have hurt my mum enough.

I just need to stop gambling my money when i get paid. If i can just take control for 6 months everything will work out.

Enough crying from me, Day 1 of no gambling, I'll check in here every few days with updates for mostly my own benefit.

Thanks

Posted : 10th November 2018 4:29 am
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Dear lifeisamess,

well done for posting, and thank you for beinig honest in your post. It is most concerning that you recently started self-harming, I would strongly recommend that you speak to your GP about this.

Please also call the Helpline or the Netline urgently for some one-to-one support and also to discuss if there is any treatment support in your area.

Please keep posting and please stay safe.

All the best,

Eva

Forum Admin

Posted : 10th November 2018 12:24 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close