Try again

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
J24
 J24
(@j24)
Topic starter

I've gone and done it again. I'm too gutted to write much more so I'm going to bed to try and get some sleep before the full horror of how much I've just lost really hits me.

My goal at the moment is to not gamble tomorrow in a stupid attempt to win it all back.

Today is day zero

Posted : 1st December 2016 11:00 pm
Phil72
(@phil72)

Hi there. My philosophy has always been to take it one day at a time. I'm sure you are feeling extremely raw today so I'm not going to comment on the money you have lost but maybe today look at other people's posts and read about blocking, self-exclusion, Gamblers Anonymous, counselling online or in person with Gamcare. It's early days for you (and me as well to some extent) but there are plenty of successful and inspirational stories on this forum. Good luck and keep posting. Best wishes, Phil

Posted : 2nd December 2016 1:02 pm
(@Anonymous)

Stay strong, make sure you don't have access to money today and it will need slightly easier tomorrow, I was the same last weekend and luckily I've been GF all week, it's been hard but do something to take your mind off it and make it impossible for yourself to get back on it.

Good luck

Posted : 3rd December 2016 8:25 am
(@Anonymous)

Time as we know is a healer, to rid ourselves of that awful feeling in the pit of our stomach. Good luck x

Posted : 3rd December 2016 12:16 pm
J24
 J24
(@j24)
Topic starter

Thanks for the support guys, it's much appreciated.

It's just dawned on me I joined gamcare over 2 years ago and I'm no further forward, my own fault I know. Did pretty well and then somewhere it all went wrong and I keep going right back to square one, time and time again. Part of the problem is probably that I keep coming and going from the site but I just don't seem to have the enthusiasm I did back at the start to write everything down, I guess I'm also convinced at the back of my mind that I'll f*** up again anyway so why bother.

But I'm going to try again anyway

Posted : 13th December 2016 7:31 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close