there are over 2019 reasons to not gamble this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

467 Posts
41 Users
0 Likes
33 K Views
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Thank you sj great to get some words of encouragement. Just

from gym, signed up again 54 pounds a month bit pricey but a well spent money in my eyes gym gonna keep me out of mischief. Done my twenty mins cycling then weights then drove back for dinner. Days are flying by at the mo as I'm not at work. Back to work next Monday. Got to be ready fit and healthy and rested fullbf beans.

Posted : 5th February 2018 8:04 pm
(@mixer)

Hi Adam - you're doing great, my friend. This matters - and you really know that. It's been a pleasure to read your diary and the progress you're making. You know this isn't easy; it requires dedication, determination and the right steps in place. But you're doing great 🙂

Posted : 5th February 2018 8:17 pm
(@Anonymous)

Have a great day Adam!

Wilsy

Posted : 6th February 2018 11:49 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

cheers wilsy and mixer

Wilsy wrote:

Have a great day Adam!

Wilsy

Posted : 6th February 2018 2:30 pm
Crossintheroad
(@crossintheroad)

Well done Adam great things are looking up. Keep at it and keep positive week on week it all gets easier and life a little better. Will check back regular and hopefully see further improvements

Posted : 6th February 2018 11:30 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Cheers cross in the road, funny how ur user name strikes a nerve, after all this time on here being unsuccessful ive taken a dramatic turn in the road in the other direction and my gambling free run has dramatically improved. Back to work for a meeting Monday to discuss a path I can go down at work if any. Hopefully this will be a stress free path with prospects but I'm just happy to ve healthy and employed. Happy weekend people.

​

Posted : 8th February 2018 9:06 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Back to work tomo and a bit nervous, got a meeting at eleven to discus things.

​

Posted : 11th February 2018 8:28 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

I have come to realise that I come from a very privalidged background. My parents have allways been here for me, I went thru school, college and unniversity. There was allways food on the table. There was allways money for bills. My parents worked had for this and ill take nothing away from their efforts for my sister and I. But I feel that I have got a head start over a hell of a lot of other kids who didn't have this start in life. I feel thru smoking weed brought on mainly thru peer pressure and neglecting my health ive then wasted this headstart and now fight for a position at work . They Say at work yesterday I'm disabled due to having this mental health issue skitsophrenia over twelve months. And all because I smoked in mg youth. What a waste of a great head start. I work work hard and try to donate money to good causes in order to give back what I can to the underprivalidged who wouldn't take tho gift for granted so they can make a success of themselves.

Posted : 13th February 2018 7:59 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Another week gamble free, another week where ive managed and not even thought of placing a bet, horray I'm starting to believe I can do this. This weekend went to gym after work Friday, then stayed I.n Friday night. Then Saturday went to gym then round a mates for a curry. He's moving to Brighton next weekend so I'm helping him move. Its a shame nearly all close friends have moved away. Theres only four of us left in the town we grew up in. Ive moved away before for a few years but I couldn't see myself living anywhere else at the moment. I cant see myself living away from my parents. I just don't think id cope and if I had a mental relapse god knows how id cope on my own. Id defo lose my job and maybe everything else. I'm thankful to have a job something to ocopy the daytime then I'm thankful for a loving family and friends. Here's to all the people who give a dambn about us.. These people matter. They mean more than everything else. Money really isn't important. If I was successful and earnt a lot would it change my life well yes id have more things and a big house and more holidays. But do u really want or need those things not really I think the happiest people are the ones like budists who don't want tangible objects. I am on even less money now. Soo much so that I wont pay any tax at all I think. I'll work my hardest and earn this and cut back majorly on my spending. This month I've paid for gym then spent twenty pounds on coffees and that's it, I don't need anything else at the moment. I'm not successful I'm not a high flyer but I put my effort into my job and i like to tthinn I contribute a lot

​

Posted : 18th February 2018 10:55 pm
sjw
 sjw
(@sjw)

Adam,

Seriously mate, you are making so much progress. Im so glad to read how you are finding ways to live a better life away from gambling. It's early days and you have to be on your guard but you have such a refreshing new attitude to this and im so pleased for you.

You say it all, money isn't what its about. Its about finding that life we can love to live. That person we really are.

Keep doing what you are doing and keep putting it down here. Made my weekend to read another positive post from you!

All the best =)

Posted : 18th February 2018 11:04 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Thanks sj for the advice and being here I really feel ive turned a corner.

​

Posted : 19th February 2018 12:29 pm
(@Anonymous)

Nice one Adam

Wilsy

Posted : 19th February 2018 12:36 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Cheers wilsey, back from work just had dinner about to go to gym to work away any of the days stress.

​

Posted : 19th February 2018 8:40 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Another day down, went to work then went to gym with mum for the fifth day in a row, boy we are getting fit and healthy. I wouldn't say work is going perfect far from it

​

Posted : 20th February 2018 8:46 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Hello, another week down, nothing exciting to add, just business as usual, ill take a boring post over a relapse and an interesting post any day of the weeek.

​

Posted : 25th February 2018 11:28 pm
Page 3 / 32

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close