there are over 2019 reasons to not gamble this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

467 Posts
41 Users
0 Likes
33 K Views
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Just back from squash, played a lot better this time much happier. The weekend has arrived horray.

​

Posted : 5th April 2019 7:19 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

hello diary, day 239, im 2 3rds of the ways through to a year gamble free horray. Work is going pretty smooth, could do with some more hours but my health takes priority and im very healthy at the mo. Had a nice weekend and done some sport.

Posted : 8th April 2019 9:27 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

so another week on and up to 246 days, over eight months gamble and alcohol free.  The two are intertwinned and both are huge reasons for the other being successful.  Lots planned for this week, watching footbl tuesday wed and thurs, playing squash thurs, playing tale tennis friday and monday, sisters nephews and niece over sunday, keeing healthy and out of trouble.  Heres to a successful week, i will keep posted.

Posted : 15th April 2019 9:07 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

looking forward to seeing barca manu tonight, should be an epic game.

Posted : 16th April 2019 5:06 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

COME ON THE SPURS!!!! at present the dream is still firmly alive lol

Posted : 17th April 2019 6:59 pm
Gareth1983
(@gareth1983)

Good evening Adam!!

What a game, what a result. I'm absolutely buzzing as I'm sure you are too. Bring on Ajax in the semis. It's our year !!

COYS

Posted : 17th April 2019 10:28 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

yep gaareth most amazing game ive ever seen lol

Posted : 18th April 2019 10:11 pm
signalman
(@signalman)

Posted by: adam123

so another week on and up to 246 days, over eight months gamble and alcohol free.  The two are intertwinned and both are huge reasons for the other being successful.  Lots planned for this week, watching footbl tuesday wed and thurs, playing squash thurs, playing tale tennis friday and monday, sisters nephews and niece over sunday, keeing healthy and out of trouble.  Heres to a successful week, i will keep posted.

It's great to read how well you are doing Adam. I also had a problem with alcohol and gambling so have cut both out of my life... I figure if I keep a level head at all times then I'll minimise the chance of losing it so to speak :o)

I've had a few problems with motivation and feeling a bit overwhelmed with tasks to complete over last couple of days (perhaps due to Easter break and having time on my hands?) - great to read your diary and learn how you are filling up your time with fruitful and meaningful tasks... It's inspiring actually.

Keep up the good work buddy :o)

This post was modified 5 years ago by signalman

Posted : 20th April 2019 9:49 am
(@adam123)
Topic starter

hi signalman thanks for the post! I see u pop up on many peoples diaries with great advice and support so well down for that. Yep I'm going to continue the gamble free run over this weekend and hope to hit a year free from both in August. Just sitting the garden lapping up the sun boy do I need the vitamins from the sun I'm so pasty. Next week I'm going to spend an hour each day outside at work as there's some duties outside and ill be able to enjoy the sun.

Posted : 20th April 2019 3:01 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Well that went quickly! another long weekend away from work two bnkholiday days used up, it was lovely and sunny and I got to see family and friends and boy was it good just went by far too quickly.  Tomo is the start of another week, got to get some more rest tonight then be fresh for work tomo.  Still managed to stay gamble and alcohol and smoke free and went to the gym three times over the weekend cant be bad.  Been to do sports nine times in april soo far and hoping to continue into may.  Drinking lots of diet coke at the mo instead of tea think that's prob bad so will cut back.  Oh yes and eaten a lot of chocolate over the weekend but we have to have our weaknesses to survive in life.  Onwards and upwards.

Posted : 22nd April 2019 9:09 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

hello diary on this wonderful day 256, 109 days that's three and a half months from my my target. This target has been a long time coming but I'm sitting firmly in the driving seat hoping to get there. What will happen when I get there? My health will have improved and my financial security will be better. Cant wait really. A year of no drinking alcohol or smoking too, hell if I said that two years or three or four years ago I would say that's toture and no fun ag all but in all honesty there is life beyond it. I still

Posted : 24th April 2019 4:53 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

I still enjoy watching my football in the pub occasionally and get some looks when i allways order a coffee lol but I think I'm better off. The hardest times are definitely the start of holidays when u get back from work and really want to unwind. But I haven't felt a hangover for well over two hundred days now so that's a blessing.

Posted : 24th April 2019 4:56 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

another four days done, another weekend gone by, looking forward to a weeks holiday at the end of the month.  onwards and upwards.

Posted : 28th April 2019 9:02 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Congratulations Adam on your continued good progress. You have really turned your life around and in doing so, you have shown a great deal of courage. I have the utmost respect for what you have achieved and am overjoyed to see you winning your battles.

I am a couple of hundred days behind you on the gamble free highway but this time I intend to stay strong and follow the fine example set by good friends like yourself.

Take care and keep blazing that trail.

Posted : 28th April 2019 9:48 pm
(@adam123)
Topic starter

Ah thank you for popping by Stephen, was starting to wonder if anyone ever would again lol.  Another day at work gone by and looking forward to the big games this week (mostly the spurs game obvs) lets see if we can do it and get into our first champions league final ever!!!!  All is well on the non gambling front I don't even consider it an option these days, ive even started to allow myself to take my debit card out with me instead of just cash as I know I wont gamble!!!  Played sports nine times this month so just over two times a week which is good, im also focusing on eating as much fruit as I can, I seem to be getting a lot of spots lately so I intend to try to combat that with fruit.  Looking forward also to a long weekend ahead with the bank holiday Monday this weekend, then im on holiday end of month so looking to spend time with the family going to national trust places like castles etc.  Heres to doing well over the next three and a half months with my goal of hitting the year mark!!!! I can do this I know I can.

Posted : 29th April 2019 5:20 pm
Page 26 / 32

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close