15 Users
0 Likes
40.8 K Views
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Many thanks for visiting my diary.

Lively: Thank you dear friend. I loved the poem which brought a big smile to my face ???.

Boo: Great to see that you are enjoying life, keeping fit and exploring the great outdoors ?‍♀️??‍♀️.

Zoe: Will be thinking of you today as you approach 180 days Gamble Free. A great achievement by a wonderful lady and I am proud to be walking by your side ???. 

Wishing everyone a lovely day.

It is overcast and very windy in Hull but am looking forward to an invigorating walk by the waterfront this afternoon.

Stephen x x x 

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by Aum

Posted : 29th June 2020 11:21 am
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Hi Stephen 

I hope you are well. Thank you for the post on my diary as always, it means a lot. 

I will try and catch you in chat maybe tomorrow lunch or tomorrow evening. I’ve managed to miss it the past few days, not intentionally but have been caught up doing other things and only realised once it’s been too late and chat is over. 

Have you been keeping busy the past few days? Getting plenty of exercise and fresh air I hope. I ventured out today with my daughter to get a few bits and had a nice day out - I think I needed it as the four walls were starting to get to me a little and have been quite emotional the past two days but I think that probably had something to do with it. The positive is that even at my weakest moments in these days, although emotionally weak, my gambling resolve was very strong and I had no inclination or urges to gamble. I don’t need gambling as my crutch anymore as I am strong enough to stand alone. I hope you are feeling strong too and hope to catch you very soon on chat as you certainly add a sparkle and a few mores smiles into my life. 

Your friend 

Lively x

Posted : 3rd July 2020 3:32 am
(@vinnie)

Hi Stephen , 

sorry I missed you on chat today , I promise I will get on in the week to catch up with you , hope you have had a good weekend and things are going well ?

Posted : 3rd July 2020 8:42 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Lively, Ford and Zoe for visiting my diary. I appreciate your support and encouragement.

Earlier I enjoyed a walk to the waterfront and walked home along the Marina and than through the city centre. A number of bars had reopened but it was all very quiet. 

A couple of days ago I purchased a milling machine from Debenhams to mill nu ts & seeds to put in my porridge ? really pleased with it. This morning I tried it on sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds and cashew nu ts. Only takes a few seconds to turn it powdery and when I had added some chopped up banana, apple and sultanas it was delicious.

Wishing everyone a super duper Sunday.

Stephen x 

This post was modified 4 years ago by Aum

Posted : 4th July 2020 11:56 pm
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Good morning hope you. Are enjoying your Sunday I am out walking my two dogs and listening to birds it is so nice to hear the singing it was nice to catch up on Friday with you hope to chat again soon take care your friend scotty ????

Posted : 5th July 2020 10:36 am
(@vinnie)

Good evening Stephen , 

so happy to read you have brought yourself a mill , it’s the little things that put smiles on are faces . Your journey is a privilege to be part of  hope you have a good week ?

Posted : 5th July 2020 11:33 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Hello Scotty & Zoe. Many thanks for posting on my diary.

Hope you are both keeping well and enjoying the summer.

I was just gazing out of my 12th floor kitchen window and witnessed a most beautiful Full Moon rising up above the horizon in the eastern sky.

Love and best wishes to everyone on the diaries.

Stephen x x x 

Posted : 6th July 2020 11:22 pm
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Hi Stephen hope you are well bit rainy here in Wales today just going out for my walk With my dogs I hope to catch up with you soon  take care your friend scotty ?? 

Posted : 9th July 2020 9:21 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you for visiting my diary Scotty. Pleased you are getting out and about with the dogs. 

Hope you are feeling better in yourself. It is many months now since you set off on this gamble free adventure and during that time you have behaved with honour, courage and integrity. Respect to you Scotty because you have stuck to your resolve even though you have had a lot of difficulties to cope with.

I have just been in the chatroom which was good. It is always nice to have a chat with gamcare friends. 

Best wishes

Stephen 

Posted : 9th July 2020 2:08 pm
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Hello my dear friend Stephen, 

Apologies for not popping by your diary for a few days, although I have caught you in chat a few times I seem to spend less time posting these days since being back at work and busy. 

I just wanted to remind you how proud I am of you and how far you have come. It makes me so happy seeing my gamcare friends succeeding and finding that spark in life again. 

I loved reading your post and It made me very happy that you are now enjoying luxurious porridge fit for a king instead of basic porridge fit for a pauper, courtesy of your new milling machine and your continued abstinence. It really is the simple things in life that give us the most pleasure and happiness. But above all else, I have been thinking about it recently and I’ve realised it’s not really about whether we can treat ourselves to a £2 coffee or a new milling machine, although it’s nice to do so, it’s much more than that. The happiness comes from having the choice and freedom to do these things irrespective of the monetary value whether we choose to or not - we are have choices and are no longer imprisoned. That is where the real happiness comes from!

Anyway enough of my late night rambling. I hope you have a good Friday and hope to catch you in chat very soon. 

Your friend

Lively ?

Posted : 10th July 2020 2:23 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you for visiting my diary Lively. Your post made me smile because I am indeed having luxurious porridge every day ?? lovingly prepared with chopped up fruit, nuts and finely ground seeds, courtesy of my new milling machine.

It is a pleasant evening in Hull. No clouds getting in the way so I can see the half moon which is looking good in the eastern sky and a little above it there is Mars which is brighter than usual due to being a few million miles closer to us.

On reflection (forgive the pun), I am actually seeing Mars as it was a little over 3 minutes ago when the light rays set off from there on their journey to my eyeballs!

Or am I really seeing Mars! or just seeing the suns rays reflecting off the red planet? 

What is real and what is an illusion?

Well I should sleep well tonight with that mystery going around in my brain ???.

Love and best wishes to everyone on the diaries.

Stephen x x x 

Posted : 12th July 2020 2:02 am
(@vinnie)

Good afternoon , 

hope ur well and enjoying life , weather hasn’t been that great but hope ur still getting out and about for a stroll , 

hopefully see u for are date wensday ?

Posted : 13th July 2020 1:18 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Haha thank you Zoe ? ? ? I will indeed be in the chatroom Wednesday morning 10 to 11 and look forward to seeing you there.

Hope all is well with your good self, Vins and your family. Summertime is upon us and it is good to get out and about plus it is not too hot which will suit Vins I imagine. He is a hairy little fellow ??.

All is well with me.

Take care dear friend and keep smiling.

Stephen x x x 

Posted : 13th July 2020 4:55 pm
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Hi Stephen it was nice to catch up  In  on Wednesday hope you have a lovely walk today been very nice weather today went for a short walk as breathing is not great but I am feeling a lot better sleep well my friend ??your friend scotty 

Posted : 16th July 2020 9:11 pm
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Hi Stephen 

I just popped by to let you know I’m thinking of you and hope you are having a good week. Had a few busy days so haven’t managed to make it to chat but hope to catch you in there soon. 

I hope you’ve had some nice walks and are feeling happy and positive. 

Your friend, 

Lively x

Posted : 17th July 2020 7:12 pm
Page 22 / 25

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close