[Closed] Stephen Stopped Gambling Saturday 22nd February 2020

367 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
40.5 K Views
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Hi Stephen 

Thank you for your post on my diary. You are right, today was my first day off and I have enjoyed doing nothing but drinking coffee, online browsing for bits to do my bedroom and watching some tv,  which has been great. The sorting out will come in a few days once I’ve recovered lol. I was fine while I had a focus and knew I had to just keep going but today I am definitely feeling it so doing very little was just what I needed. 

I was very pleased to read your update yesterday as it was full of positivity and determination. I can honestly say in previous circumstances that would be comparable to the level of stress I have been under the past few weeks, I would definitely have found solace in gambling.  I can say that not once did I have the temptation or even considered it. All I have thought about it how bad my back has been and that I should buy myself a new bed and mattress and so I have spent some of the day looking for one. Something I’d have never done or even been able to do in the past. With positive change and mindset, life really does become positive so make sure you stay in that happy place and that will keep you on track. 

Have you thought about what you’d like to do that you couldn’t do before? Maybe something you need or want, big or small that you could treat yourself to, to remind yourself every now and again what a great feeling it is that you can. 

I’ll be joining chat tonight so hope to see you there. 

Lively x

This post was modified 4 years ago by Livelysoul

Posted : 19th June 2020 6:38 pm
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Hi Stephen hope you are well and have not got to wet on your walks was a better day here thank god we are still in aloud to go and see family as we are only aloud to got five miles which is very frustrating I finally finished my jigsaw puzzle  of a scottish terrier  I hope to get in chat we have had problems with internet Should be sort by Tuesday I hope daughters are going up the wall not being able to see Boyfriends. Hope to have a good weekend scotty ????

Posted : 20th June 2020 8:50 pm
(@vinnie)

Hi Stephen , 

hope your well , I popped on chat tonight hoping to bump into You , I will try again in the week ?, ?

Posted : 21st June 2020 8:16 pm
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Hi Stephen 

Just dropped by to see how your Sunday was? I hope you had a good day. Today is 120 days so well done on 4 months. ?

Hope to catch you in chat in the next few days.

Sweet dreams 

Lively x

Posted : 21st June 2020 9:40 pm
lisa92x
(@lisa92x)

Hey stephen, congrats on 4 months!! Just popped on to see how you we’re getting on, glad you’re enjoying your walks by the water 🙂 

Posted : 21st June 2020 10:11 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Many thanks dear friends for posting on my diary. Everything is good here in Hull, the sun is shining and the ducks in the marina send you all their quack quack regards. I told them I am almost 4 months gamble free and also told the gulls and pigeons ??.

Lively: I am relieved to know that your hectic work schedule has eased off so you can have a nice relax ?‍♂️ whilst focusing energies on your lovely self. I know you enjoy your work but it is always good to have a change. Hope your poorly back starts to feel better soon. Nice walks, fresh air and gentle stretching are Doctor Stephen's advice ?.  I also suggest you choose your new bed/ mattress wisely and remember it is money well spent so make sure you get one that is supportive and comfortable. 

Scotty: Hope you are feeling good and manage to get out with the dogs today. The jigsaw of the Scotties should keep you occupied for a while ??. You are now well established in the century club and and I admire the way you are handling problems and health issues with courage and positivity.

Zoe: You are a star in my eyes as I see you approaching half year gamble free. You have had to cope with many issues surrounding yourself, family and planning the house move. Total respect for your courage, strength and resilience. Sorry I missed you in the chatroom yesterday but look forward to seeing you in there during the week. 

Lisa: I have always admired your determination to rid yourself of gambling and it made me happy to look at your profile and see you are 539 days into your recovery. Total respect for all you have achieved and trust you are happy and well. Wondering if you are still gallivanting around in the camper van during the summer or maybe the lockdown stopped that or maybe you now have a deluxe mobile home ?. Glad you enjoyed your day at the races enjoying good food, drinks and laughter ???.

Love and best wishes to everyone 

From Stephen x x x x x 

Posted : 22nd June 2020 9:32 am
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Hi Stephen 

Glad to hear you’re are well and enjoyed your walk. Tell the ducks I said ‘hello’ or ‘quack quack’ ?. 

I have spent the day in the garden enjoying the lovely weather and hope you’re out by the river enjoying the sunshine. It’s amazing how one can appreciate these simple things with a clear head. I am genuinely enjoying time relaxing doing simple things and not feeling bored. I hope you feel the same too. 

Hope to catch you in the chat room to hear your adventures. 

Bye for now, 

your friend,

Lively ?

Posted : 22nd June 2020 4:12 pm
lisa92x
(@lisa92x)

Thankyou so much, just using the time off work to try and get fitter and walk /cook etc! I can’t quite believe the 539 days myself. Wish I could pass it on to others so they had a chance to be free from the sadness gambling brings 🙁 Haven’t been able to get away in the van due to the lockdown but i think we will try and get away in August. 

Posted : 22nd June 2020 4:20 pm
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Hi Stephen 

Just popping by to check in and see how you are. Hoped to catch you in chat but assume you’ve been busy. 

The weather is lovely today so hope you’re making the most of it but don’t get burnt. You’ve been quiet the past two days so hope is good in Stephens world. 

Hopefully may catch you in chat this evening. 

Bye for now, 

Lively x

Posted : 23rd June 2020 1:05 pm
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Hi hope you are ok I have miss you on chat hope you are enjoying the lovely sunshine and skipping down to feed the ducks and The birds ?❤️??hope to be in chat tomorrow take my friend  from your friend scotty ??

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by Scottydog71

Posted : 23rd June 2020 8:37 pm
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Awww Stephen, I have just seen your lovely post on my diary as decided to venture on here for a read as I just can’t get to sleep but that has really made me smile. ?? Although I suspect on such a hot day there are a lot of people still awake now as a result of either from being sunburnt and in pain, or because they are sweating like the clappers. I hope you do not fall into either of these categories. ?

Thank you for your wonderful poem. I shall post one on your diary in return, although not at this unsociable hour as I’m not sure my brain is up to it but very soon! 

Hopefully will catch you tomorrow in chat with at lunch or evening. I hope you had a good day and remembered to wear your hat - otherwise you will be in one of the above mentioned categories. I have never experienced a sunburnt head and nor do I ever wish to as I imagine it would be quite painful. 

Sweet dreams, I hope. 

Your friend

Lively ?

This post was modified 4 years ago by Livelysoul

Posted : 26th June 2020 1:45 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Many thanks for visiting my diary Scotty and Lively. 

Congratulations Lively on 120 Days GF.

I have just been reading your diary and i must say the shopping expedition to Tesco has brought a happy smile to my face. I am very proud of you. I don't want to post over your recent post so will post on your diary tomorrow.

Nite nite sweet dreams

Stephen x 

Posted : 27th June 2020 1:01 am
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Hi Stephen 

You’re up late! Lol 

I hope you have a good day walking by the river and visiting your friends - the ducks. 

I had high hopes that tonight I would get a relatively early night after having such a great day but sadly not so I am filling my time by reading through diaries and decided I should write you that poem I mentioned. 

There was a jolly fella, Stephen was his name,

he touched the hearts of many and spreading positivity was his aim.

With his support, humour and wit, he helps more than he knows,

to help people through the happy times but particularly through the lows. 

He fills his time with walking and talking to the ducks, 

I’m also told he likes bird watching ??? which is good because gambling really sucks! 

So now he has found better ways to fill his time,

he has loadsamoney as he hasn’t spent a dime. 

Hope you like it!

Sweet dreams

Lively ?

Posted : 27th June 2020 1:39 am
(@boo-radley)

Hello Stephen. 

I hope you are well and enjoying your walks still 

This weather has been so fatiguing and then the intense storms dramatic. 

I am a bit like you in thought at the moment now lockdown is easing realising that so many opportunities are back on the street so to speak with betting places opening. Not for me but to suck people in and during this lockdown moods have certainly been altered a lot will be eager to find escapism. We can but offer our support and words of wisdom we have on here.

Our weather here looks mixed but I'm. Out for a walk or run later to get some fresh air and freedom. 

Stay safe and well. 

Boo?

Posted : 28th June 2020 5:15 am
(@vinnie)

Good afternoon Stephen , 

hope you well ? And enjoying a nice relaxing Sunday , I’m going to enjoy a relaxing one Just watching a film with my son at the minute , one that was a favourite for both my lads wen then was little , I will see u on chat wensday ?

Posted : 28th June 2020 11:03 am
Page 21 / 25

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close