367 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
40.5 K Views
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Lisa for visiting my diary. I appreciate your positive message.

I am self excluded from every gambling venue in my city which is a great deterrent but 'not gambling' also requires some degree of courage, integrity and common sense on my part.

Last Saturday I travelled to a place where I was not self excluded. I cannot explain the reason why I chose to do that because it does not make any sense to me.

It is more annoying than disastrous because I always take steps to ensure that my bills are paid and every month put money on a tesco gift card as well as having a little cash that is not instantly accessible.

Friends like yourself have proved that recovery is possible and that is a great source of comfort to me.

Stephen x 

Posted : 28th February 2020 4:30 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Many friends on the diaries have remained gamble free for long periods of time and there is nothing to stop me following in their footsteps.

From time to time gambling thoughts will most likely enter my head but there is no reason whatsoever that I should take any notice of them.

Monthly works pension went in the bank this morning and I will enjoy spending it. One thing I am 100% sure of is that the betting shops will not get any of it.

Wishing all on the diaries a good weekend.

Stephen x 

Posted : 28th February 2020 9:17 pm
(@vinnie)

Hi Stephen ,  believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable ?, hope you have a lovely weekend all my love xx

Posted : 28th February 2020 11:44 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Zoe.

Taking it easy today before a 6 hour dance workshop on Sunday (Bachata & Bachata Tango).

Should be fun.

Wishing everyone on the diaries a super duper gamble free weekend x 

Posted : 29th February 2020 8:13 am
Emily82
(@emily82)

Well done Stephen, I too am staying strong. We totally got this ?

Posted : 29th February 2020 8:55 am
(@adam123)

Hi Stephen great start mate enjoy the workshop tomo.

Posted : 29th February 2020 12:02 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Emily & Adam for visiting my diary, I appreciate your support and encouragement.

Hope you are having a good weekend and not getting blown about too much.

I do feel confident about recovery but have slipped up several times in the past so will take one day at a time and hope for the best

Stephen x 

Posted : 29th February 2020 10:24 pm
(@vinnie)

Posted by: S♡T♡E♡P♡H♡E♡N

Thank you Zoe.

Taking it easy today before a 6 hour dance workshop on Sunday (Bachata & Bachata Tango).

Should be fun.

Wishing everyone on the diaries a super duper gamble free weekend x 

How was the work shop ?  Hope it was lots of fun xx

Posted : 1st March 2020 9:59 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Zoe.

A fantastic day of Bachata & Bachata Tango. I went in the middle group for two of the workshops because it can get a bit tricky in the top and the final workshop was just one big group. Fully booked with about 70 dancers and everyone seemed to be having great fun. Following that we had a tasty buffet followed by a couple of hours freestyle dancing.  

Legs are a bit achy but I feel good and pleased that I managed to dance until the end. Am looking forward to Salsa tomorrow night.

Stephen x 

Posted : 1st March 2020 11:46 pm
(@vinnie)

How do you keep up with all this dancing?  I bet your legs r still dancing in your sleep lol , hope you’ve had a good night ?

Posted : 2nd March 2020 9:33 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Ha ha thank you Zoe. Think I overdid it yesterday because today ached all over and felt weary.

Definitely no energy left for dancing  tonight and nodded off on the sofa after dinner. 

Hope you have had a good day.

Stephen x 

Posted : 2nd March 2020 10:54 pm
Livelysoul
(@livelysoul)

Hi Stephen, my lovely gamcare friend

Sorry I have not popped by to visit you diary for a few weeks and I’m sorry to hear about your relapse - that makes two of us. Just remember how far you have come as beating ourselves up from it won’t help the situation, only learning from it and doing things differently will help us on our recovery. 

It makes me happy reading about your dancing antics. I wish I had your energy, I’m sure if I tried that, I would be bed ridden for a week. I hope you are having a good week so far and look forward to reading more about your antics this week. Please remember to be kind to yourself and here’s to another day gamble free.

sending hugs

Lonely

Posted : 3rd March 2020 3:58 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you for visiting my diary Bex. I appreciate your support and encouragement.

Beautiful sunny day and all is well in my own little world.

Salsa dancing last night and tonight will join friends at a social club for people who are divorced or widowed. A singer is on and we all know each other so will be plenty of fun and dancing. 

I am toying with the idea of joining a community choir. They seemed to have mushroomed over recent years and friends advise me that a good singing voice is not necessary. 

Have still not come to terms with my last relapse. It doesn't make any sense why I choose to self destruct from time to time!

Posted : 4th March 2020 1:01 pm
(@vinnie)

Hi ya Stephen , thought I’d pop by to say hello , hope ur well ?  How’s all that dancing going ? Did u end up joining the choir ? Lol don’t think I’ve got anymore questions for you , ?

Posted : 6th March 2020 12:13 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you for visiting my diary Zoe. Your support is much appreciated.

No plans to join a community choir at the moment but one day I might give it a try for I know that many people derive great pleasure from singing.

I am in a bit of a quandary at the moment as I am planning on going to a Salsa dance tonight which usually attracts about 70 people and is a great night. I pace myself by just dancing to every 2nd song and friends understand my limitations. The problem is I am worried about contracting this coronavirus because I am 69 and have copd so it would probably finish me off.

Posted : 6th March 2020 3:50 pm
Page 2 / 25

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close