SillyBoy1981 - Day1

151 Posts
12 Users
1 Likes
24.8 K Views
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-555

So today I ticked off another milestone in my sobriety to being gambling free…. Today is 555 days free of gambling! Today is also my girlfriends birthday. 

I am very happy!

FU Gambling… 

Keep ticking off these days 1’s ??✅

Speak again soon…

Posted : 4th July 2021 12:54 am
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-592

Just dropping in to say i turned 40 last week & loving life…

Oh yeah & im smashing my sobriety ticking off day 592 today!! ✅????

Always a little further & always remembering where I have come from… 

Speak again soon!

Posted : 9th August 2021 10:53 pm
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-602

602 days… Just saying!! ✅??

Posted : 19th August 2021 3:34 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Posted by: SillyBoy1981

Day-602

602 days… Just saying!! ✅??

Congratulations on your excellent progress.

You have worked hard in rebuilding your life and shown yourself to be an honourable man. 

Best wishes as you continue on your gamble-free adventure. 

Aum ?

Posted : 20th August 2021 8:01 am
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

@aum

Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings and offer your support, it’s through people like yourself that make this process that but easier as we learn and mean on one another.

Today is day 617…

I see so many more gambling adverts and it being pushed in everyone’s face yet again because football is back, but they are so patronising now with these “stop when the fun stops”… If they wanted to help they’d stop advertising… You can’t start an advert saying free bets when you do this then end it with please only bet what you can afford… Nobs the lot of them…

We all know where the bookies are… High street & on line… They’re not going away so stop putting these adverts on Tv! Tobacco isn’t advertised is it and that’s bad for your health so why is gambling different?

I am 617 days clean in my sobriety and work & personal life are great.. I am winning at this and gambling can suck a bag of d***s!!

Its ruining individuals and more needs to be done to help!

Speak again soon

Posted : 3rd September 2021 7:51 am
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-654

So today is day 654 in my sobriety to gambling and I’m bloody proud of where I’ve come from to where I am! By no means am I complete or ever free from this beast but I live with knowing I am not a gambler but I do have an addiction..

I am 654 days free from gambling and that is ok with me! Here’s to ticking off another day!

Also I bloody love my family!!! Without my lady I would be nowhere and I truly believe that!! She has saved me.

My son… Oh my I fricken worship that boy!!! I’m so proud of him and what he says and does, I wish he knew how amazing he is. And I hope that he knows I love him with all that I am!

My daughter… Well…!! She’s brand new to this complex world but wow wee… She is one hell of a superstar already.. Just a smile ruins me, love her sooo much! 

These three and my world and nothing else… I need for nothing at all as I have them…

I don’t struggle with who I used to be or worry that I could fall back as I don’t want or need that in my life as I have something more… I am complete with my family x

Ive won!

Speak again soon!

Posted : 10th October 2021 8:42 pm
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-666

So todays marks a landmark and stand out for me that needs to be recognised… Today is Day 666 in my sobriety with gambling!!

Gambling for addicts as myself is evil and a devil and given that 666 is synonymous with just that I can happily say that I am kicking you b**t and don’t have a need for you in my life! 

We all have so much more to live with and to live for not this darkness of gambling…. Win every day having my partner and children with me - I don’t need and want more as I have everything there in front of me and around me!

Heres to everyone taking control of their addictions whatever stage you are at!

Speak again soon!

Posted : 22nd October 2021 1:27 pm
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-692

Sobriety to being gambling free still as strong as ever… I’ve seen more gambling adverts hitting the TV that aren’t just sports related which is an anger on mine…

But I loved watching the raw open honest doc’ of Paul Merson on his trials and tribulations with gambling… Yet you still see current and retired footballers in gambling adverts?!.. Strange how the moral compass is to back and appalled someone like Paul then gain wealth for themselves whilst promoting the devil which plagues a lot of us like Paul… Bizarre.

Speak again soon 

Posted : 17th November 2021 12:59 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Dear @sillyboy1981

I just wanted to congratulate you for being nearly 700 days gamble free, the positivity of your posts I am sure is helping others. 

Kind Regards 

Marie

Forum Admin

This post was modified 2 years ago by Forum admin

Posted : 17th November 2021 5:46 pm
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Thank you @forum-admin , feels good knowing I have some self control & I now fall forward instead of falling backwards… There’s always going to be tests, opportunities and challenges when you’re a gambling addict BUT… When I look at what I have in my life it’s so easy to say “no thank you”…! My son My Daughter & my lovely partner complete me so I don’t want or need for those gains as I have it all… I have hit the jackpot and there’s nothing better than to love and to be loved, and I truly love myself again too. I’m disappointed I wasted a part of my life with gambling but I’m humbled that it’s made me who I am right now!

Speak again soon!

Posted : 17th November 2021 10:31 pm
Forum admin reacted
sean121
(@sean121)

Hi @sillyboy1981 just read through your diary as you have taken time to comment on mine and I promise you your words are helpful and I appreciate your advice, it has helped a lot knowing someone is there so thanks. Also congratulations on nearly 700 days that’s awesome, you have found the courage to continue to lead a healthier happy life been gf. I can see your positivity seems to have increased and you seem happier then the first stages of your recovery so you should be proud  cos as we all know it’s a battle. You are showing that the battle can be won so I take strength from that. Onwards and upwards well done ? 

Posted : 19th November 2021 12:27 am
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-703..

703 days string in my sobriety to gambling!!! Never thought this was a possibility 704 days ago..!! We live we learn & we grow!

Being gambling free is one of the best feelings and life choices I have ever made and have!

Heres to us all being gambling free!

703 days and proud!

Speak again soon

Posted : 28th November 2021 8:25 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Posted by: SillyBoy1981

Day-703..

703 days string in my sobriety to gambling!!! Never thought this was a possibility 704 days ago..!! We live we learn & we grow!

Being gambling free is one of the best feelings and life choices I have ever made and have!

Heres to us all being gambling free!

703 days and proud!

Speak again soon

Congratulations on your excellent progress. 

?

Posted : 28th November 2021 11:56 am
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Thank you ??

Posted : 28th November 2021 6:12 pm
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-720

Just dropping in to say I’m ticking off another day 1 but this time it’s day one tallying upto 720!!! My sobriety to gambling and being free from it is bloody wonderful & mentally healthy.. 

No more do I have the worries and anxiety… Checking over my shoulder or worrying that I have to make excuses and lie about where my money is… Sneaking off with my phone to place bets… Makes me feel a little sick to that person I used to be where I couldn’t be open and honest! 

Honesty has truly set me free and being surrounded by people that loves me through those god awful moments and times really shows me so much of the true character of what I wasn’t seeing as the addiction blinded me.

I am extremely lucky and blessed to have my family… Nothing more is needed or wanted other than to love and be loved. I currently have covid & so do my children and my partner and it’s bloody awful… We will come through this as we are strong buggers!! 

Speak again soon - Day-720 ✅

Posted : 15th December 2021 9:05 pm
Page 8 / 11

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close