SillyBoy1981 - Day1

151 Posts
12 Users
1 Likes
24.9 K Views
Si_mon
(@si_mon)

Morning, congratulations on the milestone. I'm sure this was the best christmas you've had in a good while, you deserve it.  All the best.

Posted : 26th December 2020 10:20 am
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Dear @sillyboy1981,

A huge congratulation on your Year 1! It sounds like you really worked hard on your recovery and it is enriching and improving your life immeasurably. You really should be proud!

Keep up the focus and be kind to yourself, you got this.

All the very best and a Merry Christmas to you too.

Eva

Forum Admin

Posted : 26th December 2020 10:49 am
(@charlieboy)

Brilliant your hard work is paying off. Putting your family at the heart of your recovery has really worked for you as you have built a barrier to gambling around you as a family unit. So pleased for you whatever you are doing is working well for you so keep on the same road

Posted : 26th December 2020 11:50 am
(@adam123)

Yes mate I'm here celebrEating with u what a year you've done it I've seen u come on such a great journey... Now let's build this into something even greater.....all the best adam

Posted : 26th December 2020 4:42 pm
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-381

Today is day 1 of 380 in my sobriety & loving being gambling free... 

The rabbit hole I was falling deep into +380 days ago was horrendous & my mental state wasn’t great.  Through love, honesty & support from those loved ones around me & from myself & the people that have come to speak & share through this process has been amazing...

I keep moving forward & where I come up against an issue I hope to fall forward with it, with the support network I have created... 

Im looking forward to my next milestone but more importantly I’m looking forward to more of the wonderful memories I will create with my family..!

Speak again soon!

Posted : 9th January 2021 11:23 am
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-400

Today is a BIG milestone in my sobriety of gambling...!

I am so proud of where I am from where I was...

Not a lot to share right now other than i am happy & well... As well as loving my family xxx

Speak again soon!  400 DAYS!!!!!!

Posted : 29th January 2021 8:33 pm
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-444

Triple BOOM... All the 4’s... Hitting day 444 in my sobriety to gambling today and still going strong!

Ticking off these days one at a time is still healthy!

Speak again soon

Posted : 14th March 2021 10:02 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Posted by: SillyBoy1981

Day-444

Triple BOOM... All the 4’s... Hitting day 444 in my sobriety to gambling today and still going strong!

Ticking off these days one at a time is still healthy!

Speak again soon

Congratulations Sillyboy. 

You have battled bravely to reclaim your life and can reap the rewards for your hard work and dedication. 

Great inspiration on this sunny March morning.

Aum

Posted : 14th March 2021 11:02 am
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Thank you @aum for you words of support and praise! Together we will beat this!

Posted : 19th March 2021 1:43 pm
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-450

Today I am celebrating 450 days clean sober of my sobriety to gambling!!

This week I have been watching the racing at Cheltenham and found the love I shared of the horses that I had with my Grandad (bless that incredible mans sole xxxxx).

At no point have I wanted to get to a bookies or get on line to access and platform to put a wager on the races. I’ve simply just watched and enjoyed something I love and had fallen out of love with because of my problem with gambling.  It has brought back a lot of loving memories of times shared with my Grandad... And for the 450 days clean I thank myself that I’ve given myself the opportunity to see the good times that I shared with with my Grandad through this sport that he loved and was hugely connected with, this isn’t opening the door to the bad times or the demon to rear its ugly head but more of a time capsule or time machine for me to spend time with someone that I miss so much in my Grandad... 

Nearly 20years on and still feels like I’ve only just lost him... I will never forget him and I will never stop loving him and I will always keep his memory alive through myself and my children... He was a gentleman, he was a class act, he was loved by everyone & respected even more but above all of that... He was my Grandad! X❤️

Heres to the next day 1 to tick off in my sobriety... 450 day 1’s ticked off so far!!!!✅

Speak again soon!

Posted : 19th March 2021 1:54 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Dear SillyBoy1981,

Well done on your achievements, 450 days is amazing ! A very endearing post about your relationship with your Grandad too, you had a strong bond. We are glad you receive support form Aum and other people on the forum. 

Take care of yourself,

Best Wishes,

Fiona 

Forum Admin

Posted : 20th March 2021 5:58 am
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-498

I haven't dropped in here on myself for 48 days... I haven’t stopped talking or diarising (in other places) but I have neglected to share to myself on this forum so I must apologies that I haven’t kept to my own word to do that... I’m forgiven so it’s ok..!!

Well things are crazy right with the pandemic still & lockdown & the dos & don’ts... I think that what with COVID I have been given a gift of further sight to what I have around me & who I have around me, I have taken it as a blessing (bloody crazy right I know)....

It allowed me to see that the job I was doing was a drain on me and even though I was bloody good for & to the company I deceived I wanted to and needed to leave... I’ve just completed my 1st at my new job & f**k ME!!!! The culture & environment that I had been dreaming for has been delivered... I feel I have found my home and somewhere I can really spread my wings to achieve something great & the backing to do so as well! So again something with the pandemic I am thankful for!  We are also 4wks out from expecting our newborn & I am filled with love and warmth of what this little bundle of joy will add to our lives ( I can’t credit the pandemic with this one as it was a choice of mine & my lovely partners to add to the family before COVID, I can thank it for the time provided though)...

So yeah I am still ✅ off my day 1’s every day to which I am at 498 of them right now. To look back at where I was to where I am I couldn’t be happier that I have had a great foundation built by my lovely partner & the promises I made to myself to give myself the tools to work with to move forward day by day in my sobriety to gambling... I am truly blessed to be where I am right now & there’s still so much more I can be so there is never an end...

I AM HAPPY!! x

Today is Day 498 in my sobriety & I continue to say no thank you to the devil!

Speak again soon..

Posted : 7th May 2021 9:58 pm
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Day-500!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Still going strong with my sobriety & so happy with my change of life choice!!

Only a pit stop today but so happy 

speak again soon

Posted : 9th May 2021 1:52 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Congratulations Silly Boy.

500 days gamble free is a wonderful achievement and a great inspiration to people like myself.

Aum ?

Posted : 9th May 2021 2:00 pm
(@sillyboy1981)
Topic starter

Thank you @Aum that means a lot... Speaking out is a big part of the change & if me talking about what I’m going through is helping at least 1 other person then that’s great news!!

We are all stronger together is our recovery!

Posted : 9th May 2021 5:48 pm
Page 7 / 11

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close