No more.......

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Hi there, my name is Andy & I am a very compulsive gambler. I have just finished losing for 2014, every year for the past 30 years I have been saying the same thing & every year i end up losing my sanity & my finances are all over the place yet again, I will have to sell some property this time to recover as my losses this year alone are unbearable.

My life is in ruins I have a family & I have hardly paid them any attention all year i like to think I have but i havent. I have a very addictive personality & i am also a very high weed smoker, this hazes any decsions that i try to make in life.

I hate myself so much, i am skint, unhealtty & stoned, I gamble I smoke I eat,I gamble I smoke I eat, I dont exercise my brian is dead.

I am so stuck in the weeds I cant see through them....I though I would come on here & start my diary to see if I can re build my life , I know that I need to take 1 day at a time & thats what I will do.My goals are:

1.Not to gamble .

2.Not to smoke.

3.Train & diet .

4.Start to love & educate myself again.

When will I learn .

Please help me ..

Posted : 29th November 2014 11:16 pm
Jenilee
(@jenilee)

Hi Andy my name is Jen and I have read gamcare for a while but haven't posted in a while I just put my post on trying to learn to need encouragement to control my gambling under overcoming problem gambling. If you want to read it. But I can understand the cycle of self-hatred you're in, and I thought you could use some words of encouragement. It is part of our addiction it lead you to also not do well in other areas you are less motivated from the depression and gambling cycle. And then the drugs addiction also. Just remember you are not a bad person is the addiction. And that you are not alone that is why we are all here to help each other it is hard to beat but I understand it can't be done and I'm trying to do the same thing.

Posted : 4th December 2014 1:30 pm
Jenilee
(@jenilee)

Andy how are u doing ?

Posted : 12th December 2014 12:40 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close