New me started 5th June 2020

323 Posts
30 Users
1 Likes
36.8 K Views
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Hey diary 88 days today. A lot of things to digest on here today. I'm doing good no worries about gambling, GA meeting tonight, only missed one so far and just missing that one helped me understand how massively important for me it is. If in the future I have to miss I will find a zoom meeting a lot of members are doing both anyway now so a good thing to have both still running. I'm hoping kev will come back soon just so I know he's ok. This forum remains uppermost in my recovery, continued thanks to all who support and help me

Posted : 31st August 2020 1:48 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Ship Ahoy Charlieboy riding the gamcare wave

Looking quite spectacular with money now to save

Nigh on three short months ago this heroine joined our ranks

I smile and look to the heavens with gratitude and thanks 

Aum   Aum   Aum

?  ?  ?

Posted : 31st August 2020 2:06 pm
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Dear diary day 93 today actually 3 calendar months ! The amount of days etc is not uppermost in my mind anymore although it's good to see days ticking up. Lovely to see people posting who have couple of years under their belts, posting with the intention of saying " look guys it's not a dream you can be gamble free " telling the positive things that are happening rebuilding relationships, repaying debt etc. Really inspiring, hope for the future

Posted : 4th September 2020 8:51 pm
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Yes ford 96 today !! I'm really missing kev I hope he's ok. GA tonight I've been quite anxious today my sons first day back in school so although no thoughts of gambling will be good to let my anxiety out. We talk about everything as before we all would hide our anxieties by gambling now we channel it in a different way it is truly inspiring. I'm thankful everyday I found this site and from that GA through reading people's posts and listening very closely to what works. 

Posted : 7th September 2020 11:44 am
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Dear diary. Just got in from GA meeting absolutely humbling tonight. A guy who's doing the 12 steps shared with us that he had opened up to his wife about things he had done whilst gambling before he met her. One of the most moving things I've heard in a long time.

Posted : 7th September 2020 10:20 pm
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Hi Everyone I'm a compulsive gambler....in recovery.....and today it's 100 days since I started to reclaim my life. I vow to continue to do everything in my power to maintain and move forward with my recovery through.... GA....This Forum....and support of family and friends. Thank you to everyone here who has supported me, I know here I have friends who will continue to help me as I will also continue to help them and others

Posted : 11th September 2020 3:41 pm
(@bladesman)

You must have been reading my mind as I was only thinking a couple of hours ago that as I'm 92 days today it must be your hundredth. Well done, you are so positive and helpful to other members and deserve the success you are having.

All the best!

Posted : 11th September 2020 4:02 pm
(@craig724)

Congratulations on your century, absolute brilliant milestone to reach. Should be proud of yourself 

Posted : 11th September 2020 8:10 pm
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Ty bladesman, ty craig. It seems weird being pleased with myself but lol I am. Bladesman 8 days to go !! I think we should set 150 as next target. And Craig you are also doing really good. Let's all keep going one day at a time

Posted : 11th September 2020 8:54 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Congratulations Charlieboy on your excellent progress. One hundred days gamble free and going like a steam train.

I have always admired your positivity and determination and am pleased that you have retained your wonderful sense of humour. 

Wishing you every happiness as you continue on your journey.

Aum   Aum   Aum

?  ?  ?

Posted : 11th September 2020 10:33 pm
Chris.UK
(@chris-uk)

@charlieboy Great work on your 100 days. You're a great example of someone doing what needs to be done and the results are showing.

Keep going, one day at a time.

Chris.

Posted : 11th September 2020 10:51 pm
Scottydog71
(@scottydogg)

Well done on joining  the 100 club you are doing great                                              
  Scotty ?? 

Posted : 12th September 2020 8:49 am
Detrimental
(@detrimental)

Posted by: Charlieboy

Hi Everyone I'm a compulsive gambler....in recovery.....and today it's 100 days since I started to reclaim my life. I vow to continue to do everything in my power to maintain and move forward with my recovery through.... GA....This Forum....and support of family and friends. Thank you to everyone here who has supported me, I know here I have friends who will continue to help me as I will also continue to help them and others

Congratulations on 100 days. Nice big number to celebrate, well over 3 months too.

Only 102 days to Christmas - you'll have doubled your abstinence by then :-).

Posted : 14th September 2020 11:37 am
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Hi detrimenal. Th for your support, and this year as Christmas approaches I won't be freaking out as I'd gambled our money. Last year I put everything on credit cards this year we are saving in advance !! Hope things are going well for you

Posted : 14th September 2020 11:44 am
(@charlieboy)
Topic starter

Hey diary . Day 104 today. Struggled a bit today I need to be honest. In GA I said I'm fearful about relapsing to the point where I look through posts seeing how many people relapse, how often etc. Everyone's opinion was the same that this is really not a good idea, negative thoughts can lead to negative actions. Well im going to share here what the problem is and next Monday night I'll tell them at GA and that I've sorted it. 20 years ago my gambling started at our local bingo hall and for 20 years it's been a source of fun with friends my social life and things weren't out of control until I discovered online gambling then things took a bad turn. I still went to bingo with friends and wasn't just about the gambling we had a meal had a laugh, I miss it feel a bit lost have avoided the friends I used to go with haven't told them why I'm not going even though it's 're opened after lockdown. Ok so I've excluded from everything except bingo I left it open in case in the future I was in control and could go and tried to convince myself that that wouldn't count as a relapse because it was a fun night out. Today I fully except that I am an addict a compulsive gambler if I went to bingo a fun night out....the next day would be £20 online fun play on the slots and on and on. I know I don't want to go back there I was very very unhappy, I know my 2 friends won't judge me and will want to do something else with me. So tonight I have self excluded and shut the door, and next week I will share at GA what I was thinking and what I've done about it, keep moving forward.....I feel better !

Posted : 15th September 2020 9:36 pm
Page 12 / 22

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close