New diary for 2019... think I'm cured?

83 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
12.1 K Views
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

It is good to see you are happy and full of life Lisa. Having fun and getting out and about with your partner, mam, dog and friends is the way life should be lived.

I imagine it is a far cry from them days when your life was just work work work all the time as you strove to pay off those awful debts. However, you were determined and never lost your sense of humour.

Thank you for posting on my diary and glad you enjoyed the rhyme. 

Wishing you every happiness

Stephen x 

Posted : 18th February 2020 12:07 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Hi Lisa.

Thank you for visiting my diary. I appreciate your support and encouragement.

Trust you are keeping well and not experiencing difficulties with the rain and wind.

Hope you got the passport sorted for your lovely dog and his training is coming along well. I did wonder what the training was for, because you should be able to present his passport at immigration! Lol.

Wishing you a super duper weekend.

Stephen x 

Posted : 28th February 2020 5:07 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Hello Lisa.

Hope you are keeping well and not too badly affected by all the upheaval in the world.

Sending you my best wishes.

Stephen x 

Posted : 29th March 2020 9:28 pm
lisa92x
(@lisa92x)
Topic starter

Hey stephen, Thanks for the message! I’ve been put on the job retention scheme with my work and just need to hope I wont be made redundant after this all blows over but there’s a good chance I will be paid off. Also unsure what will happen with my holiday - hoping to get a refund and not bother going now as all very stressful but will have to wait and see as they haven’t cancelled travel for June yet. Hope you’re keeping well 🙂 ?

Posted : 29th March 2020 11:59 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Thank you Lisa. I am feeling fine and get out for a nice walk every day.

It is indeed a very worrying state of affairs but in my mind you are a fighter and I am sure you will cope with whatever comes your way. 

My thoughts go out to all the people who are struggling and it breaks my heart to think of compulsive gamblers and their families who will suffer whilst gambling companies rake in what little money they do have. It is a tragedy.

Best wishes 

Stephen x 

Posted : 30th March 2020 10:28 am
lisa92x
(@lisa92x)
Topic starter

I’m glad you’re getting out walking! I’ve been doing much the same, walking and cooking and sleeping lol! 
i was thinking about that today - people will feel the pinch and think they could possibly money and fix their problems! Thankfully we’re in an ok position money wise, hope you’re having a good week ?

Posted : 1st April 2020 3:14 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Thank you Lisa I am good thank you. The betting shops are all closed which suits me just fine.

I see you are 458 Days Gamble Free which is absolutely wonderful. I have always admired your good sense of humour and positive attitude.

I hope you don't mind me asking but do you ever still get urges to gamble? You went through such a torrid time when gambling so hopefully that has put you off for life. 

Take care. Best wishes

Stephen x 

Posted : 1st April 2020 7:43 pm
lisa92x
(@lisa92x)
Topic starter

Hey stephen! Sorry I’ve not been on, I just scrolled passed a raffle group on Facebook and thought I’d come and see how you were and update this. I don’t get the urge to gamble at all but I think it’s because It was such a horrible time that  put me off forever. Especially now that I have some money behind me, I don’t want to waste any of it.  Although not technically accurate I did gamble at the race track because I go with my work once a year, i think I broke even, was too busy enjoying the free bar and the food I missed half of the races and didn’t bother putting bets on them! How are you getting on with the shops being closed?

Posted : 21st June 2020 10:06 pm
Page 6 / 6

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close