83 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
12.2 K Views
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Thanks for posting on my diary Lisa.

I like your idea of writing a letter to yourself on your phone which can be read back as and when required. I am going to do that I can maybe update it from time to time.

I was saddened to read your last post regarding the facebook raffles. So many people will be drawn in by what they might initially see as harmless fun.

Take care my friend and have a lovely weekend.

Stephen x 

Posted : 30th November 2019 10:11 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Thankyou for posting on my diary Lisa. 

Hope you are having a good week.

Stephen x 

Posted : 2nd December 2019 5:39 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Ha ha your post on my diary brought a real smile to my face.

I love the little spanish dancing lady.

Stephen x 

This post was modified 4 years ago by Aum

Posted : 2nd December 2019 5:46 pm
lisa92x
(@lisa92x)
Topic starter

Yeah the raffles are becoming a big problem for a lot of young girls but the banks are catching on and are closing down peoples accounts that have been caught as I’ve said before they’re illegal so hopefully they won’t be about for much longer.

Haha I’m glad! I’m having a good week but it’s very very busy at work so a bit stressful but will be fine in a couple of days. picked up my new car at the weekend so have been flying about in that all weekend and now I’m just going for a sun bed then home for shower, food and tv! 

Posted : 2nd December 2019 6:29 pm
lisa92x
(@lisa92x)
Topic starter

Heyyyy diary

heard from the solicitor today that my inheritance cheque is coming! Dangerous for addicts to be getting big amounts of money but I feel like it’ll be fine and I won’t waste it, I’ve not had any gambling urges in months. It’s getting locked away in a savings account and my partners going to have all the details regardless as i find it difficult to trust myself now  so better to be safe than sorry. I’m going to pay off some of my car finance and give my mum £1000 and then buy myself a new handbag ? so excited for that! I bought private plates for my new car on a credit card so will pay that off too. Going Christmas shopping this weekend really looking forward to it although I’ve done pretty much all of mine and only need a few bits and bobs it’ll be nice to get lunch and nose round the shops with my mum. Gamble free life is for me ? ✌️ 

Posted : 5th December 2019 1:04 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

I am really pleased that you are getting no urges to gamble for like you say it can be very dangerous when a compulsive gambler comes into some money. I discovered that when I took early retirement and received my redundancy and lump-sum pension payout.

I hope that whoever has passed away has gone to somewhere nice. I often wonder if our loved ones in spirit are watching over us! If they are, than I imagine it would be upsetting for them to see all their hard earned wealth being frittered away on gambling. 

Take good care Lisa and treat yourself with the kindness, love and respect that you deserve.

Stephen x 

Posted : 5th December 2019 6:33 pm
lisa92x
(@lisa92x)
Topic starter

Thanks Stephen, its a shame to hear your redundancy wasn’t well spent ? what kind of work did you do?

it’s a bit of an odd one as I don’t actually know the woman who passed away, she is my gran, but my dad committed suicide when I was 7 and it was his mum, His side of the family stopped speaking to me after and they hadn’t  been very pleasant towards my mum either ☹️ , long story short i wasn’t actually in the will but basically I was legally entitled to claim the inheritance so I did, I don’t have any dislike towards them so I hope she is at peace aswell either way. 

hope you have a lovely weekend ? 

Posted : 5th December 2019 11:14 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Lisa i admire and respect your courage in opening up about such a traumatic time in your life. I cannot imagine what you as a seven year old girl must have gone through following your father's suicide and subsequent family fallout. My heart really goes out to you. It must have been very difficult for you to forgive him for leaving you the way he did but hopefully you have been able to get some kind of closure. 

Stephen x 

Posted : 6th December 2019 12:00 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

In answer to your query about my working life. I was nearly twenty years in the Merchant Navy and than 24 years with the local council with a couple of casual jobs in between.

I don't know where the time went really. One minute I was twenty one and now I'm sixty nine. Unless I have been dreaming and when I wake up I will still be twenty one. That would be nice!

Sweet dreams.

Stephen x 

Posted : 6th December 2019 12:14 am
lisa92x
(@lisa92x)
Topic starter

It’s not been easy anyway but I’ve got a good life now so I just block out most of my childhood as I feel like I was neglected sometimes. 

The navy must have been pretty interesting! I’m settled in my office job but it’s very repetitive and dull and sometimes stressful, But handy as it’s 5 minute drive from my house so I can come home and walk my dog at lunch time, so probably won’t ever leave but l see! 

Posted : 8th December 2019 2:21 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Your job serves its purpose Lisa and being nearby makes it even better. 

Hope you have had a lovely weekend and best wishes for the week ahead.

In Italy they have the "Leaning Tower Of Pisa" but here we have the "Pleasing Diary of Lisa" which i think is much better.

Stephen x 

This post was modified 4 years ago by Aum

Posted : 8th December 2019 8:02 pm
lisa92x
(@lisa92x)
Topic starter

thankyou stephen! weekend was great. caught up with my family and worked and went shopping. hope youre having a good week 🙂 

Posted : 11th December 2019 12:10 pm
lisa92x
(@lisa92x)
Topic starter

thankyou! it has been the hardest time of my life and im glad its over. I'm never that fussy for Near year/Hogmanay but this year I really will be glad that its a new year and a fresh start! 

Posted : 11th December 2019 2:53 pm
(@zarsan)

Thank you for sharing all this Lisa, it's such an inspiration! Im two weeks off gambling today, and I have a long way to recover from all my debt, but hearing how full heartedly you went to pay off your debt is very motivating. One day I will be debt free myself 🙂 

Posted : 11th December 2019 10:38 pm
lisa92x
(@lisa92x)
Topic starter

Thankyou so much, if I could give any advice it would be to make your repayments affordable as possible as I really did struggle to live off of nothing and I done that to punish myself which everyone told me was wrong but I didn’t listen, I was just panicking and wanting rid of all the evidence of what I’d done to be honest. 

wishing you so much luck and happiness 

Posted : 11th December 2019 11:43 pm
Page 4 / 6

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close