New diary for 2019... think I'm cured?

83 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
12.1 K Views
(@Anonymous)

Hi Lisa,

All work and no play by the sounds of it eh?

Reading your diary and how well you are doing moving towards being debt free is great. Every now and again it is good to let your hair down.

CJ.

Posted : 13th February 2019 6:03 pm
lisa92x
(@lisa92x)
Topic starter

Hey CJ, thankyou! Yeah working non stop and have been for a full year now but I’m glad I’ve seen the light and don’t ever want to gamble again x

Posted : 13th February 2019 6:58 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Lisa,

I some how don’t think you are alone on the never want to gamble again comment. I think we are all here as we realise the devastation or potential devastation gambling causes.

Working all the time has had numerous positives for you though.

1. No chance to gamble except online but gamcare can cover that

2. Extra money to pay your debts off quicker

3. Working occupies your mind so you move away from the urges to gamble whilst you are working.

Be proud of what you’ve achieved and where you’ve been.

CJ.

Posted : 13th February 2019 10:01 pm
lisa92x
(@lisa92x)
Topic starter

Thankyou so much, I hadn’t really thought about that 🙂

Posted : 14th February 2019 8:52 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Morning Lisa. Just popped by to wish you a good weekend.

You are certainly doing well and have a great attitude. Your courage, determination and good sense of humour will keep on carrying you forward. You might on occasion feel a little sad but don't let that worry you because all things must pass. Always remember that tomorrow is another day.

I wish you happy days, fun filled adventures and contentment...Stephen x

Posted : 16th February 2019 11:36 am
lisa92x
(@lisa92x)
Topic starter

Heyyy stephen! Thankyou so much for that 🙂 the weekend was fine but I was working all day Saturday and today so not much happening, hope you’ve had a nice weekend too

Posted : 17th February 2019 7:52 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hopefully you ended the weekend on a high and realised another week was just completed.

Keep remembering what you now have and keep smiling.

CJ.

Posted : 17th February 2019 9:22 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)

Hi Lisa, hope your having a lovely weekend.

The weather has been good so hope you have been out and about enjoying the sunshine. How is the campervan?

Not gambling means that in time to come your finances will be in a much better shape. Be patient, don't work too hard and put it all down to experience. In years to come you will just be relieved that you got out of it when you did...Stephen x

Posted : 24th February 2019 12:37 pm
lisa92x
(@lisa92x)
Topic starter

Hey Stephen, the weekend was good I took Saturday night off and went out with my friends, Sunday had a stinking hangover and had to go to work which was awful but worth it at the time haha. We haven’t managed to get away in the campervan since last time but hoping to in a couple of weeks, Scotland has so many amazing places that we can camp for free so we can just pack a bag, grab the dog and see where we end up!

Posted : 27th February 2019 7:19 am
lisa92x
(@lisa92x)
Topic starter

In a foul mood as I’m absolutely sick to death of working to pay off stupid debt from stupid gambling, I’ve barley been home, my boyfriend is definitely P****d off that I’ve been working all weekend aswell as 8am-10.30pm today and tomorew. I swear I’ve learned my lesson but feel as if I’m still being punished, can’t f*****g wait until the big debts are paid off in July so I can stop feeling like this but it feels like so far away. £220 to pay back to my auntie and £396 on my bank loan to go, how could I spin £600 away in minutes before and now I’m killing myself trying to get it back just so I can afford to live. This isn’t fair

Posted : 4th March 2019 10:56 pm
(@Anonymous)

Sadly moments in our life are not fair @Lisa.

Like the moment a man is told he has terminal cancer and days to live or the guy that leaves two minutes too early and is involved in a horrible road traffic accident. Yes these are extremes to what you are feeling however think about what the rest of the world feel at this moment in time.

You are working towards a goal that has an end date. Some of us don’t have that luxury as we are too deep in debt. Read some of the recent stories people have posted.

You are doing fantastic and are slowly chipping away at your debt to become debt free. Once the debt is paid off every bit of spare money is yours so you can create memories that are lasting with you and your boyfriend.

Keep going, you are doing great.

CJ.

Posted : 4th March 2019 11:05 pm
ChasingRainbows
(@chasingrainbows)

Lisa92 wrote:

In a foul mood as I’m absolutely sick to death of working to pay off stupid debt from stupid gambling, I’ve barley been home, my boyfriend is definitely P****d off that I’ve been working all weekend aswell as 8am-10.30pm today and tomorew. I swear I’ve learned my lesson but feel as if I’m still being punished, can’t f*****g wait until the big debts are paid off in July so I can stop feeling like this but it feels like so far away. £220 to pay back to my auntie and £396 on my bank loan to go, how could I spin £600 away in minutes before and now I’m killing myself trying to get it back just so I can afford to live. This isn’t fair

Life isn't fair. I'm unsure why we can switch off to huge losses and then we find out reality is hard. But right now you are learning that if you gamble again that what your going through will get harder to fight off debt. It's not fair. But not long now eh. After July put in a holiday goal.. Save for a fabulous holiday. It will be worth it.
Bella xx

Posted : 4th March 2019 11:22 pm
lisa92x
(@lisa92x)
Topic starter

Thanks guys, I know you’re right I’m just exhausted and had a bad day at both of my jobs, wasted £4 on lunch earlier because I’d accidentally left my soup at home and I nearly cried which is ridiculous! I think I’m just an emotional mess because of all of this. my wee dog is breaking my heart every time I come home as I basically see him for 2 hours a day and that’s only if I can manage to get up early enough to walk him after 6 hours of sleep between shifts 🙁

Posted : 5th March 2019 11:08 pm
(@Anonymous)

Wasting £4 on food isn’t wasted. Wasting £4 on a fruit machine on the other hand. You know the drill.

We all have rough days Lisa. Some are better than others. Over the past few weeks I have met and messaged some amazing and inspirational people who have kept my sanity.

In 12 months time if you are still gamble free you will feel relief. The holidays and adventures will come and your time with your boyfriend and dog will happen. I wonder if you will wish for work instead 🙂

CJ.

Posted : 5th March 2019 11:17 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Dear Lisa92,

it is important that you have a repayment plan that is managable for you. Breaking yourself emotionally, mentally and physically to pay the debt back could backfire on you. It is important to establish a balanced approach to money, and to not turn the debt-repayment into a form of self-punishment. Part of the recovery process is to make friends with yourself again, it sounds like you just don't have the time to do that and are adding more guilt to the ones you are already feeling because you don't have time for your partner and your dog. Please do call the National Debtline, get some advice on how to do the repayments in a way that won't break you

Be good to yourself, as CJ says, £4 for lunch is a good thing.

Wishing you all the best,

Eva

Forum Admin

Posted : 6th March 2019 10:40 am
Page 2 / 6

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close