new diary

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Phil72
(@phil72)
Topic starter

Hi formerly known as Phil_72 I had to create a new account - I don't know why but I was having problems with the other account. Phil

Posted : 7th October 2016 10:59 am
Phil72
(@phil72)
Topic starter

Hi I'm doing ok. Didn't post much over the last couple of months as I had an operation on my hand which went wrong and was in a sling for several weeks. The main thing is that I haven't gambled and - one day at a time - haven't wanted to. I listen, I learn and read other people's diaries. A lot I agree with and a lot I don't which I think is fine. I'm learning more and more and realise more that the money has gone, isn't coming back and concentrating on rebuilding relatonships etc is much more important.

Posted : 7th October 2016 12:55 pm
Phil72
(@phil72)
Topic starter

Here's to a bet-free day.

Posted : 9th October 2016 1:26 pm
(@Anonymous)

I think there's a litle confusion over the " One size fit's all " comment Phil, which in my opinion is just fine as long as it's about finding a way that allows you to remain gamble free and "whatever works , works " but the point I raised to Split and Sharon was regarding Honesty and again Split mentioned that " We need to talk to someone or something , just not everyone " which seems a litlle strange when the one person you should be talking to , the one we claim to be closest to knows nothing ? .

Not havin a go Phil just clarifying the difference between stopping gambling and being honest :))

Posted : 15th June 2017 3:10 pm
Phil72
(@phil72)
Topic starter

Well 1,500 days since I gambled tomorrow - NOT an anniversary or a cause for celebration but an acknowledgment to myself how much my life has changed. Also just over 18 months since I drank. I have NO higher power in my life nor do I want one. I do not work any steps or attend any organisations based on the 12-steps of AA and adapted. What I DO do is live my life as honestly as I can, interact with positive people and help others with issues to do with addiction to the best of my ability. I took responsibility for all the money I CHOSE to borrow to gamble and paid it back. No-0ne put my arm behind my back and forced me to take out any loans. Why don't I gamble? I don't want to. Why don't I drink alcohol? I don't want to plus it nearly killed me! I have problems and I still have issues related to my childhood etc but ultimately the life I have now which I worked very hard to build is to important to me as is the respect and SELF-respect I've regained.

Posted : 18th March 2020 12:35 am
SB28
 SB28
(@sb28)

Hey,

You're doing very well! Keep the clear head, peaceful heart and soul intact.We all will get through this difficult time.For now we need to aknowledge every little mercy out there...eg. no gambling incidents...That is really positive.Stay safe, committed and be kind to you

S.......xx

Posted : 9th April 2020 3:44 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close