Need help

46 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
 A 9
(@alan-135)

Posted by: TommyE

Really struggling today, keep beating myself about the financial shithole I have got myself in. f*****g hate it

Hi Tommy :)) 

"It's ok to look back just don't stare " A few wise word's that were passed onto me when I first rocked up here some yrs ago when all I could think off was the financial mess I'd created .

Money comes and goes throughout our live's Tommy and it's a means to an end and nothing more , the money we lost while gambling can be repaid over time through hard work and as I was also told by someone much wiser " Recoveries for life so what's the rush " ? . 

As compulsive gamblers in action we always try and gamble our way out of a hole, with thoughts of just one decent win and I'll be all even again , the trouble is those thoughts brought us here in the first place and in recovery that's no longer an option we have . 

4yrs on from my last bet and I still have some debt attached to gambling but in a strange kind of way it's that debt I use as another string to my bow in the fight against addiction , I'm used to it being around and importantly it shows me what happened when I gambled , how far I've come by paying it steadily off and that the fights not over because some still remains . 

Thing's like this debt hanging over you can be used to your advantage if you flip it and think differently towards it ? :)) . 

One day at a  time my friend and baby steps for now :))  

Posted : 16th May 2019 9:56 pm
Page 4 / 4

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close