My Journey - 17/05/2020

73 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

Day 1 - I have relapsed a few times since my last post, but there is a positive note. Since my original post I have knocked about £2,500 off of my debt bringing my total from 13,000 down to about 10,500. Ideally I should have reduced it at a quicker rate, but it has lowered nevertheless. I need to get back into the swing of things. Posting on here, I have spoken to my bank and tightened my restrictions. I will tally up the gamble free days again.

Posted : 14th October 2020 1:21 pm
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

Day 2 - Done a bit of cleaning today, trying to stay active so I have minimal time to do something stupid. Going to get back to the gym soon. No gambling thoughts.. In fact the thought of it now makes me feel sick. I do have trouble moving on. I keep thinking that I've wasted so much time, and the time it takes me to pay off my debt is more time wasted. But I got myself into this mess unfortunately. This is the consequence. 

Posted : 15th October 2020 12:47 pm
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

End of October Post - The last few months have been a real struggle. Before this pandemic I was making steady progress. My work, university studies, my mental health.. was all improving. But now it's all thrown off track. 99% sure I'm going to be made redundant this week, which will put my university studies on hold and mean I'll have no income until I find another job. Not ideal considering I'm 10k in debt. It's hardly moved the past few months. I'm worried about that. It's really made me think of how lucky I had been, and not realized. I'm worried for how long it may take me to find a new job in these times. How will I keep up with my debt payments. Onto, November I guess...

Posted : 28th October 2020 11:15 pm
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hi @bula

Sorry that things seem so uncertain right now. Even if you have to put things on hold for a bit, it's things that you've made progress with already and you can keep moving forward with once you know what's happening with your job. Having to have a little pause now doesn't detract from what you've already achieved. If you need, you may be able to arrange a payment holiday or a period of reduced payments on your debt plan. The important thing is to contact the agencies involved and proactively seek a solution, rather than letting things go unpaid. There is always a path forward.

All the best,

Elizabeth
Forum Admin

Posted : 29th October 2020 7:21 am
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

Thanks Admin - When I know what's happening for sure I'll let the agencies know, I won't let things get out of hand. Just hope I get some luck sometime soon.

Posted : 29th October 2020 1:11 pm
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

November Update - So I've officially been made redundant and I'm looking for a similar role. This could take some time unfortunately. I've decided to look for a little part time job so that I have a bit of income whilst looking for the full time job I'm after. I have gambled in the last few days. It's an escape. I didn't want to face what's happening to me, so I gambled. I've locked my money up now. I can't do that again. The job hunt continues tomorrow. And hopefully my gamble free days will start. 

Posted : 4th November 2020 11:30 pm
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

I've organised my debt management plan and other monthly debts. I shouldn't fall behind with it and although out of work my debts are still manageable now. Hopefully I won't be out of work for too long. I have recently gambled so I'm going to come and post here everyday so I can track my days again. Feeling a bit more optimistic about work etc than last week. That's something I guess.

Posted : 9th November 2020 6:44 pm
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

Day 1 - Not much to report. Keeping my head down and focusing on the job hunt. Gym closed so not much to do.

Posted : 10th November 2020 9:06 pm
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

Applying for jobs, feeling sorry for myself and still gambling. This is what my life is looking like right now. Bleak. I've closed the avenues I used to gamble and deleted my crypto currency wallet as that was an avenue for me. Need to get myself back into work as I have too much time on my hands right now and that's dangerous. Considering throwing a bit of savings towards debt just so it's gone to good use, but that's a risk right now as I'm unemployed... I'll start posting everyday. I need to. 

Posted : 22nd November 2020 11:52 pm
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

Day 1 - No gambling, applied for few more jobs. Hopefully I will hear something back soon. Going to set short term goals, so here's to making it to December 1st without gambling. 

Posted : 23rd November 2020 12:59 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi Bula,

Its always nice to set goals. In the beginning i would say "not going to gamble today and tomorrow i will deal with tomorrow"

Best

Posted : 23rd November 2020 1:47 pm
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

The last few months have been terrible for me gambling wise. My what's the point in me writing these posts to just gamble a few days later. Anyway, I took a break and have decided to come back just before a new month begins. It's difficult to spend money without thinking that I could make it by gambling? Weird. Done some Christmas shopping  and I'm still on the job hunt. Difficult at the moment. Life is just weird at the moment I constantly have a strange feeling inside of me. Anxiety maybe. Onto December. It's my month resolution to start posting daily too!

Posted : 1st December 2020 12:18 am
bula
 bula
(@bula)
Topic starter

Day 1 - And the first of December! Looking forward to starting a new year as 2020 has been beyond awful. Still a lot for me to do but for now, I will not gamble today. Back to the gym tomorrow too! 

Posted : 1st December 2020 11:32 am
Page 5 / 5

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close