14 Users
0 Likes
12.8 K Views
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Murlo.

I hope you are having a good day in the Century Club.

Your excellent progress has and will continue to be a great source of inspiration to me.

Hello Diary.

Having a lazy day before Salsa dancing tonight. I also went to a class last night so am pleased to be getting back into it.

Coming home on the bus last night I glanced in a betting shop window to where a man was sat in front of a gambling machine. It reminded me of a time when I had set off to an important social event but on the way there made a detour to that very same house of horrors and some time later (surprise surprise) was forced to text apologies to friends with a foolish excuse relating to my absence from the party. With not a penny to my name and dressed up to the nines I cannot describe how despondent I felt when trudging home but gamcare friends will know how I felt.

Anyway, all that madness is now a thing of the past and I can look to the future with hope in my heart and a smile on my face as I steadily walk forward with trusted gamcare friends by my side.

Love and best wishes to all on the diaries

Stephen x 

This post was modified 4 years ago 2 times by Aum

Posted : 11th February 2020 3:15 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Dull and rainy but

Sunny in my heart & mind

Twenty days GF

This post was modified 4 years ago 3 times by Aum

Posted : 13th February 2020 8:56 am
Murlo
(@murlo)

Stephen,

I am delighted that you are joining a guided meditation session this evening. I cannot wait to hear how it goes. I have a session tomorrow. I will be marking your 3 weeks gamble free in my meditation x

Enjoy!

Posted : 13th February 2020 5:04 pm
(@vinnie)

Hi Stephen , Thankyou for your kind words it really ment a lot ,  hope your well ? ?

Posted : 13th February 2020 8:34 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Mark. Your poem is brilliant and it brought a big smile to my face.

Thank you Murlo. I went to the meditation class but there was no heating on and the room was absolutely freezing so I excused myself after the first exercise. I will just have to try the meditations online, in the warmth and comfort of my own home.

Thank you Zoe. My recovery is looking good and I am feeling ok. 

Stephen x 

Posted : 13th February 2020 10:31 pm
(@vinnie)

Good to here that your feeling ok, how did u find the first exercise ? Such a shame that they dint put the heating on it’s been to cold last few days to have  it off , I’ve got mine on and still sat in my dress gown ??‍♀️ , what you good planed for tomorrow anything nice ? ?

Posted : 13th February 2020 10:42 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Zoe. You have put my moan about the meditation class in perspective. I feel guilty now when I think of all the problems and worries people have to contend with and here am I rabbiting on about a cold room.

Tomorrow should be good. Going to a charity cafe were they jokingly call me the resident poet. I always have a few laughs there and tomorrow night am going to a preview of a contemporary art exhibition, which should be fun.

Wishing you a good day tomorrow. You are doing so well and I really admire your courage and determination.

Stephen x

This post was modified 4 years ago by Aum

Posted : 13th February 2020 11:10 pm
(@vinnie)

Don’t feel guilty it is bloody cold I would of moaned to lol,  I love seeing your poems the lift everybody up , you sound like you’ve got a fun day planed for tomorrow hope u have a really good day , your doing so well I’m proud of you ,  ?

Posted : 13th February 2020 11:17 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Zoe x 

Posted : 13th February 2020 11:22 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Anticipating valentine cards so listened for the post

And when the letter box clanged I dropped my piece of toast 

But surprised to find a menu from a nearby takeaway

And its presence on the doormat took my breath away

So I got myself a piece of card and and made it look appealing

And wrote in reddish coloured tears

☆ ☆ ☆ Happy Valentines Day Stephen ☆ ☆ ☆ 

Posted : 14th February 2020 12:00 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Three weeks into my journey of recovery and life is good

Met up with some friends this afternoon and mentioned my intention to learn some meditation and relaxation techniques. One of the group announced that she is learning Kung Fu on YouTube and recommended that I give that a go so that is my new plan.

Will soon be heading off to the preview of a contemporary art installation at Humber Street Gallery so that should be interesting.

Posted : 14th February 2020 4:33 pm
DramaLlama
(@dramallama)

I hope you're okay Stephen. 

Love from Drama x

Posted : 14th February 2020 6:04 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Thank you Drama. 

I am not a happy chappy this evening but it will pass.

Was looking forward to stuff tonight and last night and they were both a big let down but worse things happen at sea so not to worry.

Stephen x 

Posted : 14th February 2020 9:50 pm
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

22 days gamble free

Feeling real miserable but it will pass

A few things in real life have got me down but no need to take things to heart

Posted : 15th February 2020 12:54 am
Aum
 Aum
(@aum)
Topic starter

Morning Diary.

Twenty two days into my recovery and need to stay strong.

Will focus on positive things and treat myself with kindness, respect and understanding.

Feeling let down by certain people in my real world so need to learn from it and make adjustments to how I behave and interact with others.

It is imperative that I do not gamble.

Stephen x 

Posted : 15th February 2020 8:14 am
Page 5 / 7

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close