My first day

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Today has been my first day in quite a few weeks wheee I haven’t gambled, I made a decision yesterday after losing money I needed to pay my girlfriend back, (I have a big piggy bank of coins which I really don’t want to touch that will more than cover it), I’ve not had any real major urges (probably because I know deep down I really haven’t got any more cash to lose) but anything that pops up on socials or in conversation regarding sport or anything like that automatically triggers the I want to bet on that side of me. It seems like the situation I’m in I’m not taking seriously enough, I’ve been in a situation before where I’ve hit rock bottom had to come clean and had a right rolloking, which did me the world of good for 6 months, doing brilliant and went down the pub with mates, few beers gambled and knocked down this Great Wall I had in one poxy afternoon, it’s been downhill since. I’m hoping I can get a few weeks under my belt and try and get some momentum going and really get into the spirit of things.

Big day tomorrow, usually one of my favourite days, not only as it’s my day off but a whole afternoon back to back racing and then football. I love it. But I can’t afford it, and if I want the nice things in life I need to sacrifice it.

I hope to post tomorrow night with a positive outcome.

Day one DONE

Posted : 2nd February 2019 12:44 am
Forum admin
(@forum-admin)
Admin

Hello Tb1 - thanks for starting a diary. How are you doing now? Looking forward to hearing your progress.

Please don't feel you can only post if you are maintaining. However you're doing, everyone here is here to help.

Best wishes,

Forum Admin

Posted : 5th February 2019 10:50 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Currently 13 days gamble free. Everything seems to be going smoothly so far. I do get the odd urge when footballs on etc, which I could see tempting me out and catching me one day. Hopefully not but plenty of positives from the last few weeks

Posted : 13th February 2019 9:16 pm
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

After nearly a month I caved! My time out lapsed and I bloody took the bait. £600 down the drain and all the hard work down the drain, takes no time at all to lose £600 but to make it back is the hard part. I need to get back on the wagon and keep pushing.

Posted : 27th February 2019 11:05 pm
r99c
 r99c
(@r99c)

Sucks to hear that, but virtually all of us have our relapses. You've succeeded though in that you recognise your problem and are trying to address it. Best wishes going forward

Posted : 27th February 2019 11:14 pm

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close