My diary, gambling free from 1st Dec 2016

127 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
(@mixer)
Topic starter

Day 3 - 3/12/16

No gambling so far this month.

However, this counts for jack because I'm a binge gambler, and after my last binge on Nov 30th, know I simply can't afford another binge for a couple of weeks, so that's the weak spot I've got to watch out for. I know my 'pattern'.

So, like I say, Day 3 doesn't mean a thing. If I get to Day 20, that'll be worth noting because I'll have passed the first binge weak spot. But it's always one day at a time when you're really impulsive like me.

I've got my first counselling on Monday, worth a try.

Good luck everyone.

Posted : 3rd December 2016 9:08 pm
(@Anonymous)

Hi again mixer good to see you on chat.

All the best bud

Posted : 3rd December 2016 9:59 pm
(@Anonymous)

Day 3 for me also. I also binge gamble on slots. I just keep reminding myself that in 4 weeks a new year starts and I want to be feeling positive for that year ahead.. so after 22 years of gambling 3 days ago I stopped. Good luck , join the chat rooms instead on vulnerable evenings x

Posted : 3rd December 2016 10:00 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

Nice one Katiecoo. Neither of us is going to buckle right? Let's both see this through till 1st Jan. What do you say 🙂

Posted : 3rd December 2016 10:05 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

And thanks Deano; really appreciate the warm welcome mate.

Posted : 3rd December 2016 10:06 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

Cheers Samson, likewise.

Posted : 3rd December 2016 10:13 pm
Kerblam
(@kerblam)

Hey mixer. I binge like hell also. I got plenty of money in the bank now but I haven't done it yet.

I'm not going to either. AND NEITHER ARE YOU PAL.

We can do this together.

Posted : 4th December 2016 11:50 am
(@mixer)
Topic starter

Yes, exactly. Don't let me down right. I won't let you down. I will be honest with you. Likewise?

Posted : 4th December 2016 11:53 am
(@Anonymous)

Me and you stopped on the same day mixer..:) New year coming and hears to a peaceful panic free year

Posted : 4th December 2016 2:30 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

Excellent Katiecoo. Let's stick together. And no-one le the side down. And at moments of weakness, write about them on this forum. It's always one day at a time but achievable if we gee each other on collectively.

Here's a tip - don't look at anything to do with gaming online, even for free. Turn your head away when gaming adverts are on. Let's give our collective brains a rest from this very damaging thing we've all been doing.

Posted : 4th December 2016 2:52 pm
(@Anonymous)

I am keeping very busy at moment..house cleaned from top to bottom and cupboards pulled out. I am also trying to 're teach myself how to relax in other ways. I got rid of Facebook at the same time as stopping as I don't want any triggers,like seeing others brag or out at bingo etc. I need to learn to come home from work and turn off. I will keep checking in on you mixer.. stay well, stay busy x

Posted : 4th December 2016 5:54 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

That's the spirit Katiecoo 🙂 and getting rid of Facebook a great idea. Getting rid of anything that might tempt you is a good thing. It really is all or nothing. Permanently. Now.

Posted : 4th December 2016 6:10 pm
(@mixer)
Topic starter

Day 5 tomorrow. 1st counselling session.

Posted : 4th December 2016 10:05 pm
(@Anonymous)

Good luck for tomorrow

Posted : 4th December 2016 10:19 pm
(@Anonymous)

Evening, just joined tonight. I also binge gamble. Finances changing imminently and cannot continue to do it. Been clean before for 3 months but gave in.

Need to stop now. Any advice?

Posted : 4th December 2016 10:49 pm
Page 1 / 9

We are available 24 hours a day, every day of the year. You can also contact us for free on 0808 80 20 133. If you would like to find out more about the service before you start, including information on confidentiality, please click below. Call recordings and chat transcripts are saved for 28 days for quality assurance.

Find out more
Close